i just realized...

Now, if they would just take out all the player profiles, I would be happy....
i wouldnt take out all of the profiles, but i would agree that they need to cut down on those. like, do they really need to tell us about how great of siblings howard and annie are every time one of them is on?

They have just started to show this years in Britain and, as a whole, the ESPN broadcasts are terrible. I have heard rumblings online but now I seen them, as a poker enthusiast, the WSOP are a MAJOR disappointment and only marginally more interesting than the all in fest that is Poker Superstars. WPT owns television poker.

They have just started to show this years in Britain and, as a whole, the ESPN broadcasts are terrible. I have heard rumblings online but now I seen them, as a poker enthusiast, the WSOP are a MAJOR disappointment and only marginally more interesting than the all in fest that is Poker Superstars. WPT owns television poker.
You must've seen some OLD shows from 2002 or so...

I saw this years circuit events and the first 3 or 4 small buy ins... I like the ME coverage as obviously that is over a few shows and I caught some of that when I was in the US... The problem is obviously U get 8 hours (?) action into, realistically, 35 minutes tops. (1 hour - adverts - all them human interest stories)... So it is just the KEY hands which saw people get eliminated. The one I watched yesterday involved a fairly big name European called Pascal Perault at the final table of the 2k NL I think. Literally it did not show ONE hand involving him. Not even his exit hand and he went out in like 6th or 7th. Dont get me wrong, some human interest stories are interesting (the dude who promised his sick girl he would make a final table) but I can live without knowing about a poker playing family, the hometown kid or all this other dross.

WSOP is the best broadcasts by FAR!! The WPT sucks in comparison. The worst has to be the Britsh Party Poker 6-handed show that is on. GAWD awful!! I do, however, really like the EPT Pokerstars coverage!

...that they don't show the "How to play" segments on the WSOP broadcasts anymore. 8) Thanks ESPN!
They stopped showing the "How to play" segments for Texas Hold'em games, but they showed it for the Omaha tournaments, and maybe (don't remember for sure) the 7 card stud event. As these events are being drastically reduced, and unlikely to be filmed in future WSOPs, they won't need to worry. Only Hold'em will be left.