January 26 Tournament

chgocubs99 - Confirmedcubsfan44 - Confirmedcubsfan44 guest - Confirmedcubsfan44 2guest - ConfirmedMJINK3 - ConfirmedLeftygolfer - OutSuited_Up - Confirmedchecky - ConfirmedDNA - ConfirmedBleacherbum - ConfirmedHubDub - Confirmed (?)HubDub's guest - Confirmed (?)Benhoug - Confirmed 80%Gallo - Confirmedpt special - ProbableFluffdog - Probable (?)crookedlink - ProbableSpeedkills - QuestionableRogue - Questionablerookie - QuestionableVick12 - OutDate: January 26 (corrected!!)Time: 3PM cards in airStakes: $140 buy in for the tournament, whatever everyone wants for cash games afterwards.Location: Broadview (west suburbs)The date is the week before the Super Bowl with the holidays well in the rear view mirror so I am hoping it works for everyone. I am trying to get a count for this so please reply here or PM me if you plan to come. Obviously I'll bump this as I get closer to the date but just wanted to put it out there now. Not sure as of the count right now since the only people I've told the date to are you guys and a couple guys at the bar last night. (Deleted since there isn't an entre fee anymore)Structure is going to be released later, but it is going to be fairly slow, I want the tournament to end after 12AM and am hoping for about 40 people. If anyone has a good structure go ahead and shout it right out here. Your entry fee may get waived if you bring something that we need (chips, chairs, playing cards, etc). Let me know.I am also looking for someone that doesn't want to play but has a good understanding of tournaments to be the tournament director. You will be paid for this. For balancing tables, keeping track of the blinds, settle any disputes, etc. If I can't find someone, I will just be the tournament director myself but that will A) Piss me off and B) Piss off the people at my table during play. But everyone would get over it, I guess.Oh yea, I live in the "good" section of Broadview. If people are scared about going through the "bad" section I will give you non-mapquest directions around it. Trust me, you'll be fine, we're not talking the Near West side here.Thanks.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Date: January 27I am also looking for someone that doesn't want to play but has a good understanding of tournaments to be the tournament director.
I may be interested in doing that for you due to the fact that as of right now I just have 0 motivation to play any tournies. That may change by the end of january though. Also let me know if you want me to spread the word amongst people I know. I can prolly get you atleast 10 players and possibly as many as 30...let me know
The game appears to be illegal because you're not paying all of the money back out.What's the address?
Not if I can get everyone to bring something. Then we'll eliminate the entry fee all together and just scrounge up some money for pizzas from whoever gets hungry. That's ideally what I'd like to do.
Only if we have it at your place and Roberto bartends for us.
May not work for that many people. Roberto does travel for well paid bartending gigs.
I'll fly in for it if he's hot/gay.Mark
No but he is "willing to learn"Jeff
Not that there's anything wrong with that.Mark
Obv
Yes, Im pretty sure theyre all Gay too
Obv

Can a mod change the title of this thread to Janurary 26? That is the correct day. It's a Saturday. Hopefully everyone that has PM'd me can still come on the 26th.

Can a mod change the title of this thread to Janurary 26? That is the correct day. It's a Saturday. Hopefully everyone that has PM'd me can still come on the 26th.
fixed, do i get a free buyin now?
Oh gee, that woulda been bad if no one showed up huh? I can still make it. Not that I matter.

Hollleeee CrudNashville > Chicago Roundtrip Tix are super sweet on Expedia1 Ticket / RoundtripBNA Nashville toORD Chicago Leave: Fri 25-Jan Return: Sun 27-Jan 1 adult $98.00 Taxes & Fees $33.50 Total $131.50

My buddy from Milwaukee and myself would like to come. When do u think you will have an idea of the structure?Let me know.Jon

Hollleeee CrudNashville > Chicago Roundtrip Tix are super sweet on Expedia1 Ticket / RoundtripBNA Nashville toORD Chicago Leave: Fri 25-Jan Return: Sun 27-Jan 1 adult $98.00 Taxes & Fees $33.50 Total $131.50
I'll pitch in $10 bucks to have you fly in and play. Now you just need 12 more and you're in. But you'll have to stay at Suited's house.