Fathers. Who Would You Sacrifice? You Or Your Son?

Fathers. Who would you sacrifice? You or your son?There is a lot of information and arguments around questioning the divinity and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Even his historicity is unproven and the general consensus seems to be that he never existed and that the scriptures are a re-write of older religions. In fact, the story of Jesus resembles many of the older Gods right back to 3,000 BCE in Egypt as Horus.The fact is that we will probably never know. For this little exercise in thought though, I will assume that he was real and sent by his father as scripture says to die for us.God is suppose to set the standard of thoughts and actions for mankind. We are suppose to emulate him in every way. Scripture urges us to seek to be as perfect as God.Yet here on earth, it has been our custom that if a son or father needs to be sacrificed, the father usually steps up. We would all find it counter intuitive if God and Jesus were on a sinking ship and God took the life boat and let Jesus drown. If he could that is. We do send our sons to war but that is somewhat different and I would exclude that consideration here.Why then do we so readily applaud God sending Jesus to die instead of stepping up himself. Other than the father son relationship, they were identical, so to speak. Why would God or the Bible try to teach us that fathers should sacrifice their sons?Human fathers believe it better to have the sons bury them instead of them burying the sons. That is certainly my wish and if God asked differently from me, even the Godhead that I believe in truly, I would tell it to kiss my eh, rump. From outside of Christianity, if we saw Christians follow their Gods example in this issue, most of the world and I dare say, even the non literal and fundamental Christians would condemn their own God and fellow Christians if the fathers sacrificed the sons ahead of themselves.This is rather a catch 22 for Christians.As a Christian, would you follow your God's example on this issue, in effect follow His command to emulate him as you are asked to do by your church and Bible, and sacrifice your son,orwould you ignore your God and church, in effect break the first commandment, and place your standards above God’s, and step up yourself as a parent to sacrifice yourself?Who would you sacrifice? You or your child?RegardsDL

848c3d74dd2476.jpg
The more I think about it, the more correct you seem Big D. This guy should have been banned as soon as VB figured out he was a spammer.
Who would you sacrifice? You or your child?RegardsDL
Trick question, In this scenario, Am I your father or your son?HaHa, just kidding.The correct answer is: "You don't understand the Trinity"
Trick question, In this scenario, Am I your father or your son?HaHa, just kidding.The correct answer is: "You don't understand the Trinity"
Neither do most Christians.Trinitarianism becomes a firm belief around 200 CE, 150 years after Paul, when it is invented by Tertullian, a Roman Christian later declared a heretic for other ideas. But this one idea of his stuck somehow.Let’s check the math. Math never lies. It cannot.Is God the Trinity 100% God or 300% or 400% ?God the Father is 100% God.God the Holy Spirit is 100% God.God/Jesus the son is 100% God.God Jesus is100% man.The Trinity must then consist of the God the Father, God the Holy spirit, Jesus/God nature and Jesus/man nature.Is that not four distinct natures?Trinity means three, should we not be calling it something else? Fournity perhaps?Monotheism means one head, not three or four heads.RegardsDL
Neither do most Christians.Trinitarianism becomes a firm belief around 200 CE, 150 years after Paul, when it is invented by Tertullian, a Roman Christian later declared a heretic for other ideas. But this one idea of his stuck somehow.Let’s check the math. Math never lies. It cannot.Is God the Trinity 100% God or 300% or 400% ?God the Father is 100% God.God the Holy Spirit is 100% God.God/Jesus the son is 100% God.God Jesus is100% man.The Trinity must then consist of the God the Father, God the Holy spirit, Jesus/God nature and Jesus/man nature.Is that not four distinct natures?Trinity means three, should we not be calling it something else? Fournity perhaps?Monotheism means one head, not three or four heads.RegardsDL
Like I said, you don't understand the trinity.Trying to fit God's physical make up into your shallow understanding of all the universe is why Jelly is laughing.
Like I said, you don't understand the trinity.Trying to fit God's physical make up into your shallow understanding of all the universe is why Jelly is laughing.
And you not showing what your understanding of the trinity is why I am laughing at you.You keep accusing me of not understanding while never showing yours or trying to correct. Thanks for the dishonest discourse.RegardsDL
And you not showing what your understanding of the trinity is why I am laughing at you.You keep accusing me of not understanding while never showing yours or trying to correct. Thanks for the dishonest discourse.RegardsDL
You also don't understand the internet.Or the saying: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different resultBut that's just semantics.
You also don't understand the internet.Or the saying: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different resultBut that's just semantics.
Nail/head.

You do not do, you do not do Any more, black shoe In which I have lived like a foot For thirty years, poor and white, Barely daring to breathe or Achoo. Daddy, I have had to kill you. You died before I had time-- Marble-heavy, a bag full of God, Ghastly statue with one gray toe Big as a Frisco seal And a head in the freakish Atlantic Where it pours bean green over blue In the waters off beautiful Nauset. I used to pray to recover you. Ach, du. In the German tongue, in the Polish town Scraped flat by the roller Of wars, wars, wars. But the name of the town is common. My Polack friend Says there are a dozen or two. So I never could tell where you Put your foot, your root, I never could talk to you. The tongue stuck in my jaw. It stuck in a barb wire snare. Ich, ich, ich, ich, I could hardly speak. I thought every German was you. And the language obscene An engine, an engine Chuffing me off like a Jew. A Jew to Dachau, Auschwitz, Belsen. I began to talk like a Jew. I think I may well be a Jew. The snows of the Tyrol, the clear beer of Vienna Are not very pure or true. With my gipsy ancestress and my weird luck And my Taroc pack and my Taroc pack I may be a bit of a Jew. I have always been scared of you, With your Luftwaffe, your gobbledygoo. And your neat mustache And your Aryan eye, bright blue. Panzer-man, panzer-man, O You-- Not God but a swastika So black no sky could squeak through. Every woman adores a Fascist, The boot in the face, the brute Brute heart of a brute like you. You stand at the blackboard, daddy, In the picture I have of you, A cleft in your chin instead of your foot But no less a devil for that, no not Any less the black man who Bit my pretty red heart in two. I was ten when they buried you. At twenty I tried to die And get back, back, back to you. I thought even the bones would do. But they pulled me out of the sack, And they stuck me together with glue. And then I knew what to do. I made a model of you, A man in black with a Meinkampf look And a love of the rack and the screw. And I said I do, I do. So daddy, I'm finally through. The black telephone's off at the root, The voices just can't worm through. If I've killed one man, I've killed two-- The vampire who said he was you And drank my blood for a year, Seven years, if you want to know. Daddy, you can lie back now. There's a stake in your fat black heart And the villagers never liked you. They are dancing and stamping on you. They always knew it was you. Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I'm through.

Now I would never diss my own mama just to get recognition, take a second to listen who you think this record is dissin', but put yourself in my position, just try to envision witnessin' your Mama poppin' prescription pills in the kitchen, bitchin' that someone's always goin' through her purse and shits missin', going through public housing systems, victim of Munchausen's syndrome, my whole life I was made to believe I was sick when I wasn't 'til I grew up, now I blew up, it makes you sick to ya' stomach, doesn't it, wasn't it the reason you made that Cd for me, ma, so you could try to justify the way you treated me, ma, but guess what, you're gettin' older now and it's cold when you're lonely, and Nathan's growing up so quick, he's gonna know that you're phoney, and Hailie's getting so big now, you should see her, she's beautiful, but you'll never see her, she won't even be at your funeral, see what hurts me the most is you won't admit you was wrong, bitch, do your song, keep tellin' yourself that you was a mom, but how dare you try to take what you didn't help me to get, you selfish bitch, I hope you fuckin' burn in hell for this shit, remember when Ronnie died and you said you wished it was me, well guess what, I am dead, dead to you as can be...

It took some time but finally BG acknowledged the pointlessness of the War on Drugs.
Wanted to quote this because its the first funny thing Cane said in a while.
HEY. This was a civil conversation.Or, alternatively: said the liar.

Math lies, if only because many math equations rely on variables. Input the incorrect variable(s) and your result will be flawed.For example, look at the "equation" supplied by the OP. It's not even really an equation, let alone one that can be proven.I'm pretty sure the OP is Jimmy T from the recent Survivor season...