6078 replies to this topic

#6061 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 05 June 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

couple of disrespectful a holes over here. need i remind you about the masterpiece that is EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.

Open yer eyes, jerky.. I said more than anything NOT in the original 3, and maybe more thant ROTJ. Obviously Empire is 1, that went without saying, I thought.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#6062 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 05 June 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Obviously Empire is 1, that went without saying, I thought.

If it doesn't then the person with whom you are conversing is obviously out of their element.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#6063 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,167 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

to be honest i didn't read your post very closely. i was in the middle of a VERY important work email at the time.

I don't recognize the last jedi. that movie never happened in my personal record book.

rogue one is good but lets pump the breaks.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#6064 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:47 AM

1. Rogue One
2. The Force Awakens
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. The last Jedi
5. A new Hope

don't really like any of the other ones to be honest.

I give the original trilogy a lot of credit for breaking new ground and for creating a vast cinematic universe that has stood the test of time. I wasn't much of a fan growing up other than getting into it for a brief time around the time the prequels were coming out when I was 13 or 14, and without the benefit of nostalgia, I just don't find the original trilogy particularly enjoyable. I've enjoyed the 3 latest movies enough that it has re-kindled some interest for me in the franchise.

#6065 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

Holy shit, you cannot be serious.

#6066 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri

I really loved this movie. It was not at all what I was expecting. It was way funnier than I thought it would be. I was expecting a gritty drama, and it was a full on dark comedy. Frances Mcdormand was awesome. Felt like a Coen brothers script.

#6067 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:28 AM

View PostEssay21, on 07 June 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

Holy shit, you cannot be serious.

Posted Image

#6068 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,558 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:00 AM

1. Empire
2a. New Hope
2b. Rogue One
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Solo
6. Phantom Menace (I actually really like Phantom. Probably more than almost anyone outside of George Lucas. I LOVED the podrace.)
7. Force Awakens (I love Daisy Ridley. She's fantastic.)
8. Attack of the Clones (I really like most of this movie as well. It only breaks down for me toward the end. I love the water planet.)
9. Last Jedi (I hated how they handled Luke and his whole arc in this movie.)
10. Revenge of the Sith (I just hate Hayden Christensen so much. He's such a terrible actor, and he has a major role in this film.)

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#6069 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:46 PM

I should watch the Phantom Menace again. I remember liking it when it came out and I'm not sure if I've watched it since. Years of public opinion have told me I should hate it, but honestly, I think I've just forgotten it.

#6070 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 07 June 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

1. Empire
2a. New Hope
2b. Rogue One
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Solo
6. Phantom Menace (I actually really like Phantom. Probably more than almost anyone outside of George Lucas. I LOVED the podrace.)
8. Attack of the Clones (I really like most of this movie as well. It only breaks down for me toward the end. I love the water planet.)
10. Revenge of the Sith (I just hate Hayden Christensen so much. He's such a terrible actor, and he has a major role in this film.)

Wrong thread. Please keep your top 10 lists in the proper place
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#6071 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

View PostDubey, on 07 June 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

1. Rogue One
2. The Force Awakens
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. The last Jedi
5. A new Hope

don't really like any of the other ones to be honest.

I give the original trilogy a lot of credit for breaking new ground and for creating a vast cinematic universe that has stood the test of time. I wasn't much of a fan growing up other than getting into it for a brief time around the time the prequels were coming out when I was 13 or 14, and without the benefit of nostalgia, I just don't find the original trilogy particularly enjoyable. I've enjoyed the 3 latest movies enough that it has re-kindled some interest for me in the franchise.

View Postbrvheart, on 07 June 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

1. Empire
2a. New Hope
2b. Rogue One
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Solo

I think each of you has either met or exceeded the official essay awful list metric. to echo biggie: please confine this sort of terribleness to the appropriate dumpster fire.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#6072 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,167 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

all three of you just earned a demerit.

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#6073 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:59 PM

God damnit

#6074 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,558 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

View Posthank213, on 07 June 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

I think each of you has either met or exceeded the official essay awful list metric. to echo biggie: please confine this sort of terribleness to the appropriate dumpster fire.

I don't even know what you could disagree with on my list. The only thing I think you could do is move Last Jedi up to #5. Now I'm curious.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#6075 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

I Would agree with Brvy's list until solo. I'd have it FA, Last Jedi, Solo, then Episodes 3, 2 and 1. Bry made a good point about HC, but then again that kid they got to play Annie in Episode one was AWFUL too, and honestly, the writing and directing in those 3 movies made people like Natalie Portman, Ewan McGreggor and Liam Neeson seem like shitty actors too. I've never seen a movie series get less out of their acting talent than those 3 movies.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#6076 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:41 PM

Yeah, maybe not so much the list itself but the color commentary. Liking the prequels is just....go watch mr. plinkett review those turds. he says it all much better than I'll ever be able to.

https://youtu.be/FxKtZmQgxrI

#6077 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,167 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

TOMB RAIDER

i'm in love with alicia vikander. she was on fire in that tight tank.

#6078 SuperJon

SuperJon

<3

• Members
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

American Made 10/10*

Tom Cruise does it again. Is there anything this man can't do (besides get items off the top shelf)?

*Full disclosure: I haven't actually seen the movie yet, but will be watching it this weekend most likely.

#6079 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,167 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:54 AM

i haven't watched it yet either, but Tommy Cruise doesn't make a bad movie. one of the top movie stars of all time. next movie i see in theaters, and probably the last movie this year, is MI6

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users