• Members
  • 25,217 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

View PostNapa_Don, on 18 July 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Somebody talk me in or out of this

https://minneapolis....6646855079.html

Posted Image

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#264282 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,437 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:13 PM

Ugh i just can't. Dammit. It's such a good price for a chair in that condition. I just don't know if it'd even really fit in my new place.

#264283 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,217 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

it does look really nice. i need a new chair but i want to wait until i decide whether to renew or move to a new complex. some kind of chaise lounge for sure.

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#264284 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,437 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:21 PM

I super love this sectional

https://www.macys.co...ategoryID=35319

But if I got an eames I think I would just get the sofa only version of it. It goes on sale for <$1k pretty often which seems like a really good price for a nice couch like that.

But, again, I'm not sure how it would fit and plus the whole probably going to be laid off thing. Don't need to be buying new furniture just yet.

#264285 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,217 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:26 PM

i always forget that you have friends and would actually need seating for other people. that is a nice sectional, but i feel like you can get something just as nice for less at NFM.

#264286 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,933 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

He says Likely plycraft or guildcraft. WTF is likely?.. Make sure you know exactly what it is, before you buy it. If it's some alibaba design knock off, it's not worth shit.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#264287 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,933 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:34 PM

Honestly, if it's not a legit herman miller, just get a new ergonomic Mac Molton or something. https://www.walmart....eather/17397661
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#264288 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,765 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:47 AM

Seriously, how awful is flying commercial? I hate it so much. Delta sucks at boarding a plane, I tell you that.

#264289 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,437 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:43 AM

I donít know if I like that chair but the fact that BigD approves it means that I also approve of it.

#264290 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,765 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:04 AM

Saw Aaron Donald at LAX. Heís looking fit and ready for the season.

#264291 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,217 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:13 PM

back in the 90s, probably around 6th or 7th grade, i got my first cologne. it was the michael jordan cologne and it had a masculine and very sexual smell. i found a seller on eBay purportedly with unopened boxes of the stuff and it was only 11.50 for 3.4 ounces. i took a chance, half expecting to get a used bottle full of water, but it arrived today and it's the uncut pure stuff. takes me right back to a time when i was afraid to talk to girls, but still wanted to smell fresh to death.

#264292 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,630 posts

Posted Today, 03:59 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 19 July 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

back in the 90s, probably around 6th or 7th grade, i got my first cologne. it was the michael jordan cologne and it had a masculine and very sexual smell. i found a seller on eBay purportedly with unopened boxes of the stuff and it was only 11.50 for 3.4 ounces. i took a chance, half expecting to get a used bottle full of water, but it arrived today and it's the uncut pure stuff. takes me right back to a time when i was afraid to talk to girls, but still wanted to smell fresh to death.

So it took you back to an hour?
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#264293 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,217 posts

Posted Today, 06:33 AM

hank i'm no longer scared to talk to girls, i just know it's a fruitless endeavor. keep up.

lunch meeting today and then i'm (hopefully) dipping out early to start my weekend.

napa, what's going on with the house? is it official yet? we signed anything?

#264294 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,437 posts

Posted Today, 07:16 AM

Got then final approval and closing documents earlier this week. Iíll wire the closing money next Monday and then we close Thursday AM and I take immediate possession. My family is bringing the stuff I have in storage in Iowa that Friday so Iím going to wait to move some bigger things from my current place rather than trying to do it myself that Thursday.

#264295 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,398 posts

Posted Today, 07:52 AM

My girlfriend is almost done setting up her place. I offered to have it cleaned or painted, but she opted to basically lean on a bunch of her friends for help. I am sure Iíll catch a bunch of shit about it, but I donít want to paint or clean or do any of that shit.

More and more, I just throw money at things I donít want to do. Her and her friends donít value their time at all apparently. We are not poor college kids anymore.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#264296 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,437 posts

Posted Today, 10:02 AM

I was going to pay my friends little brother to help me move but heís actually closing on a house himself the day before me and is no longer available. I looked at hiring actual movers but it was way more than I was willing to pay.

But, yes, I verbally agree with throwing money at problems to just be done with them.

That said I still have trouble getting over the poverty mindset and donít do it as often as I should.

Edit: a lot of it is value. I donít mind paying if the value is there to me. I understand when people say you donít value your time properly but I think that thatís really only true if youíre already operating at peak capacity. Itís not as if I could just work more hours so itís not an actual dollar value. And I spend so much of my free time doing nothing productive (like watching Bojack again for then 10th time) so spending a few hours loading and unloading my stuff or painting the bedroom isnít a big deal. Sure I could spend that time doing programming exercises instead but also that could just be the other 40 hours I waste watching tv that week. Plus, some of this stuff I actually like doing. Like, Iím really looking forward to redoing my kitchen when I get a new job. Iíve already picked out most of the materials and color schemes and everything. I just donít want to drop the money on a superficial upgrade when I might be jobless in a few months.

#264297 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,437 posts

Posted Today, 10:17 AM

But also i wonít be asking any friends for help but might accept it if they offer to help with something specifically. With the exception of Brvy who is bound and determined to help me with anything, of course. Now almost all of my friends have said to give them a call if I need help moving or anything but I know I donít have that much stuff and if I ask them for help theyíll ask for my help when they move and theyíll for sure have way more stuff. And I hate moving.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users