It is late at night and I am deep in a 25 cent tourney so I am kind spitballin' here. I, like alot of other forum regulars, am a microroller. I see all the fun that is had in the $4.40 challange but I do not have to funds to participate in this great fun. What if we did something similar, but with some changes. As stated in the title the game would be $1.20 tournies. But not SNGs, it would be the $1.20 donkfest MTT. The buy-in could be something along the lines on $10 and everything else would run the same. I'm sure we would have to account for a way to give credit to the varying field sizes. I am just throwing the idea out there to see if anyone thinks this is a feasible idea. I think it would be alot of fun. And discuss.

I kinda like the idea, although it would pretty much have to be SNGs, probably 45 man. Those $1.10 donkfests only run at set times, and the afternoon one draws 4-5x the people the late night ones do, so it wouldn't be level.

I kinda like the idea, although it would pretty much have to be SNGs, probably 45 man. Those $1.10 donkfests only run at set times, and the afternoon one draws 4-5x the people the late night ones do, so it wouldn't be level.
At least someone is looking at it.

What if you opened it up to ANY game that cost $1.20? That would sure get some other FCP'ers involved that don't usually play the challenges because they don't like unlimited hold 'em. It's all for braggin rights really, and I'd say the $1.20 Stud and Omaha games are just as tough as the NLHE games.

i like the sound of it too, but are you going to limit to say 45 player sngs or any $1.20 sng, because then you'll need different point setups for the field size, ie a first in a 9 player shouldn't be the same point value as first for a 45 player

i'll play if it's the $1.10 45 man turbos or the $1.20 45 man regs, aslong as there are a decent no. of people doin it.
I like the 1.10 turbo idea. That might be fun, and I'd play.
I like the 1.10 turbo idea. That might be fun, and I'd play.
+1 i am in

I am happy to see that people are interested. I like the ideas that are coming out. I think the best way would be a $1.20 45man SNG challenge. It can be any game. I think I $10 buy-in would be good. For the first time I think it should be kind short just to work out the bugs. By short I mean 10 tourneys. How long should someone have to play 10 SNG's? Also I think the scoring should run like golf. Lowest score wins. If you place 36th of 45, you get 36 points. You place 1st you get 1 point. Would we need to set it up on a tracker like the 4.40 is or would we just have people confirm entries and finishes?

I think the best way would be a $1.20 45man SNG challenge. It can be any game. I think I $10 buy-in would be good. For the first time I think it should be kind short just to work out the bugs. By short I mean 10 tourneys. How long should someone have to play 10 SNG's? Also I think the scoring should run like golf. Lowest score wins. If you place 36th of 45, you get 36 points. You place 1st you get 1 point. Would we need to set it up on a tracker like the 4.40 is or would we just have people confirm entries and finishes?
any game = i <3 that, since i'm not always in the mood for NLHE, sometimes i like PLO8$10 is finei think for 10 SNGs, maybe a week, don't know about everyone else, but i'm working fulltime, sometimes work may follow home or i need to stay late and probably really don't feel like playing poker afterwards, but that's my 2 centsI like the tracker that the 4.40s have been using as well as their point system, just an idea, but model it after that and change the buy-in, # of sngs, and # of days

The non-turbo sng's take too long to fill up at the times of day I play (damn timezones) the turbos are a crap shoot but fun.I think your points system needs a bit of work too, more weighting towards the top places, just 1 point per place the whole way is a bit naff IMO.

The non-turbo sng's take too long to fill up at the times of day I play (damn timezones) the turbos are a crap shoot but fun.I think your points system needs a bit of work too, more weighting towards the top places, just 1 point per place the whole way is a bit naff IMO.
My points system is just a suggestion. I think it would help show the more consistant players more than the guy that wins two and is the first guy out every other time. My system is pretty much the average of your finish. But this is open for discussion. I would like to have something agreed upon by sometime tomorrow night and we can set this thing off. Does anyone know who set up the tracker for the 4.40? I do not know how to work with that.
My points system is just a suggestion. I think it would help show the more consistant players more than the guy that wins two and is the first guy out every other time. My system is pretty much the average of your finish. But this is open for discussion. I would like to have something agreed upon by sometime tomorrow night and we can set this thing off. Does anyone know who set up the tracker for the 4.40? I do not know how to work with that.
Vbnautilus set up the last tracker.............Elo set up the first tracker. I also think consistancy should be rewarded. And if we go with the format of ANY $1.20 (LHE, NLHE, PLO, Stud, Razz, etc.) you have your choice of whether you play the regulars or turbos.

So what I have now is that this is going to be a $1.20 SNG challange. You can play in ang 45 man SNG you wish, including turbos. Since this is the first time it will be a short run with only 10 SNG's. It is run for 10 days from the start date(TBD). Buy-in will be $10. Still need to decide:Scoring systemPayouts

So what I have now is that this is going to be a $1.20 SNG challange. You can play in ang 45 man SNG you wish, including turbos. Since this is the first time it will be a short run with only 10 SNG's. It is run for 10 days from the start date(TBD). Buy-in will be $10. Still need to decide:Scoring systemPayouts
Payout suggestion........do it as a percentage, just like PS and FTP does, which of course will be based on number of entries. If ya only get 10 entries, maybe just a first and second place. More entries = more places. I did a lower buyin challenge in November that had a point system based more on consistancy without a really huge jump between places. Here is what I used...1st = 100 points2nd = 80 points3rd = 70 points4th = 65 points5th = 60 points6th = 55 points7th = 50 points8th = 45 points9th = 40 points10th = 30 points11th-19th = 27 points20th - 29th = 24 points30th - 39th = 21 points40th - 49th = 18 points50th - 59th = 15 points60th - 69th = 12 points70th - 79th = 10 points80th - 89th = 8 points90th - 99th = 6 points100th - 119th = 4 points120th - 139th = 2 points140th - 180th = 0 points

just the cheapest 45's, eh? i'll give it some thought.what kind of consistency do you want rewarded? 45th-18th could all get the 0 points, and reward consistently getting to the final 2 tables.FI - PT1 - PT2 - PT318 - 001 - 001 - 0117 - 002 - 001 - 0216 - 004 - 001 - 0315 - 007 - 002 - 0414 - 011 - 002 - 0513 - 016 - 004 - 0612 - 022 - 007 - 0711 - 029 - 011 - 0810 - 037 - 016 - 0909 - 046 - 022 - 1008 - 056 - 029 - 1207 - 067 - 037 - 1406 - 079 - 046 - 1605 - 092 - 056 - 1804 - 106 - 067 - 2003 - 121 - 079 - 2302 - 137 - 092 - 2601 - 154 - 106 - 30there are 3 possible point spreads.

Wouldn't consistency be automatically rewarded in the point standings? And what exactly is meant by consistency - high ITM%?The other thing you could do is just reward people for finishing ITM and hand out points based on the payout structure on Stars. Why should we get any points for finishing 18 out of 45?

The other thing you could do is just reward people for finishing ITM and hand out points based on the payout structure on Stars. Why should we get any points for finishing 18 out of 45?
why does the 180 challenge award points for finishing 100th?