654 replies to this topic

#21 WestcoastCanuck

WestcoastCanuck

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,522 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Soccer

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:51 AM

What the Blues really need is forwards, IMO. A PP quaterback would be nice, but I think they will have to rely on Backman and Johnson developing. Signing someone like Briere would be sick, but they should at least try to sign Shanahan to a 1 year contract and trade him for 17 picks and prospects if they are struggling again.

#22 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:54 PM

Whoa.I realize that it's every sportswriter's job to exaggerate when he's writing for the hometown paper, but I guess I was a bit quick to blame the Blues for the loss?
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#23 Fubar The Sperm

Fubar The Sperm

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:27 PM

View Poststrategy, on Thursday, March 22nd, 2007, 1:54 AM, said:

Whoa.I realize that it's every sportswriter's job to exaggerate when he's writing for the hometown paper, but I guess I was a bit quick to blame the Blues for the loss?
I like how the reporter doesn't mention that Boyes kicked the puck into the net for one of the goals and doesn't properlly explain that when a referee losses site of the puck that he has to blow the play dead.

#24 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:00 PM

View PostFubar The Sperm, on Wednesday, March 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM, said:

I like how the reporter doesn't mention that Boyes kicked the puck into the net for one of the goals and doesn't properlly explain that when a referee losses site of the puck that he has to blow the play dead.

View Poststrategy, on Wednesday, March 21st, 2007, 9:54 PM, said:

I realize that it's every sportswriter's job to exaggerate when he's writing for the hometown paper
Sounds about right.Gordo is pretty bad. I don't like his writing style and I feel like he is rarely consistent with his opinions. I could give an example of this but it would be long-winded and boring. Have you met Gordo, gruven?
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#25 WestcoastCanuck

WestcoastCanuck

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,522 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Soccer

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:37 PM

Mick Mcgoo is a clown. That is all I can say on the issue.

#26 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,624 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:06 AM

View Poststrategy, on Wednesday, March 21st, 2007, 11:00 PM, said:

Sounds about right.Gordo is pretty bad. I don't like his writing style and I feel like he is rarely consistent with his opinions. I could give an example of this but it would be long-winded and boring. Have you met Gordo, gruven?
No, I've never met him. The THN correspondent in St. Louis is Tom Timmerman. I read the story, tho, and it's really an ill-advised story. Taking shots at refs is an easy and cheap target, when most sports writers worth their weight in printer paper know that things happen on the ice so fast that to expect perfection is unfair. That doesn't excuse Goo's bad call, but, like I said, it's still taking an easy way out for a column to write about it.
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

#27 the knob

the knob

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:13 PM

View PostFubar The Sperm, on Thursday, March 22nd, 2007, 1:27 AM, said:

I didn't get to watch the game, but had to go by the highlights on TSN.ca, and it didn't like Boyes kicked the puck in to me. It also looked to me like McGeough, as his is usual MO, was way out of position to make the call on the puck being covered up. He was nowhere near the net. Seriously, the NHL needs to can him, no matter what team you root for.

#28 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

March 24 @ Det: 3-2 W, SOMarch 25 @ Cbj: 1-3 LI love the variance in hockey.Sanford hurt his groin again. This is like the sixth injury for him in the last two seasons. I wonder if he'll even have the privilege of being a backup somewhere next season. I think Jason Bacashihua is god awful as well.

#29 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:40 PM

Just in case anyone was wondering, yes it does make me sick to my stomach to see the Blues icing a severely crippled lineup and still making it to OT against Anaheim.Stempniak now has 25 goals and 49 points. For those keeping score, the Blues (Jarmo Kekalainen) drafted him 148th overall in 2003. Why isn't his nickname 'the Stempinator' yet?

#30 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,624 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:18 AM

View Poststrategy, on Saturday, March 31st, 2007, 8:40 PM, said:

Just in case anyone was wondering, yes it does make me sick to my stomach to see the Blues icing a severely crippled lineup and still making it to OT against Anaheim.Stempniak now has 25 goals and 49 points. For those keeping score, the Blues (Jarmo Kekalainen) drafted him 148th overall in 2003. Why isn't his nickname 'the Stempinator' yet?
I kinda like 'Stempede'. I'm gonna start using it and see if it sticks....
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

#31 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:07 AM

View Postgruven, on Sunday, April 1st, 2007, 6:18 AM, said:

I kinda like 'Stempede'. I'm gonna start using it and see if it sticks....
Ok, you are totally right. LOL

#32 the knob

the knob

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

View Poststrategy, on Saturday, March 31st, 2007, 11:40 PM, said:

Stempniak now has 25 goals and 49 points. For those keeping score, the Blues (Jarmo Kekalainen) drafted him 148th overall in 2003. Why isn't his nickname 'the Stempinator' yet?
At a Blues forum I post at, the saying about Mike Sillinger from the previous season was "Sillinger has a posse!", possibly from some movie/Internet association I'm unfamiliar with. After Sillinger was traded at last year's deadline, it turned into "Stempniak has a Leegion" somewhat predictably. One poster took a sign with this slogan to the pregame warmups and held it up to the class. Apparently it lives on in the Blues locker room as well from what I've heard.

#33 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:01 PM

Well, they don't pick quite so early this year in the draft, but...there's still a little bit of good news.

#34 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

I may have a starter, but my team is probably much worse off with toivonen in net....Wish I knew why they aren't interested in winning.

#35 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,470 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:29 PM

View Poststrategy, on Sunday, October 7th, 2007, 12:27 AM, said:

I may have a starter, but my team is probably much worse off with toivonen in net....Wish I knew why they aren't interested in winning.
Legace started and left the game.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#36 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:36 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Saturday, October 6th, 2007, 8:29 PM, said:

Legace started and left the game.
yeah, he got injured I believe. that's what I meant to say. I wasn't very clear on that, huh?

#37 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:05 PM

EJ!

#38 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:12 PM

Posting this here since I'm tired of spamming the Leafs thread with Blues-related stuff.

View Postgruven, on Wednesday, October 10th, 2007, 4:55 PM, said:

The problem with the team is that you need to make significant changes. The problem with doing that is in the time frame it takes to get you back to competitive. However, they're not competitive now. So you can't blow it up, but you sure can blast a tunnel into the problem that lets you see a little light.... Thats just off the top of my head, and I'm no expert. But I'd rather have some very high draft picks and some Corey Perry's on my roster than the slowly balding Mats. And that's no knock against Sundin. Great player, great leaf. Great career. Game over....
I don't really think it has to take more than maybe 2-3 years for most teams to make it back into competitive mode after major tweaks. The Blues lost most of their roster when the Lauries decided to pull out, and at that point in time, we'd invested all of our future in Tkachuk, Weight, etc. That was 05-06. We're back to being on the cusp of contention this season thanks to some good FA signings and shrewd trades. Compared to how long the Leafs have struggled, I don't think it's really that big of a deal to punt a few seasons for the good of the franchise.

#39 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:08 PM

I'd say the thrashing the Blues gave to Nashville last night was a pretty good sign for the playoff hopes. For those keeping track: McKee, EJ, and Brewer were all scratched...

#40 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,470 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:14 PM

View Poststrategy, on Thursday, October 11th, 2007, 4:08 PM, said:

I'd say the thrashing the Blues gave to Nashville last night was a pretty good sign for the playoff hopes. For those keeping track: McKee, EJ, and Brewer were all scratched...
When has McKee been in the lineup?
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users