1463 replies to this topic

#41 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,401 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:38 PM

does this look like a good possibility? Its how I had it, with Stillman/Booth interchangeable and maybe Olesz/Zednik interchangeable. Also, Frolik and Stewart as possible roster crashes. I'd be suprised if Matthias isn't given a good opportunity to get the 2nd line C job.STILLMAN WEISS HORTON BOOTH MATTHIAS OLESZ B.MCLEAN KREPS ZEDNIK PELTONEN CAMPBELL DVORAK no offence, but this is one of the weakest lineups in the NHL, battling it out with the Leafs/Marlies. And Im actually a fan of that first line there, I like all 3 players and I think Olesz could be a star.

#42 Speed Limit

Speed Limit

Broseph Ballin'

• Members
  • 3,295 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 4:38 PM, said:

does this look like a good possibility? Its how I had it, with Stillman/Booth interchangeable and maybe Olesz/Zednik interchangeable. Also, Frolik and Stewart as possible roster crashes. I'd be suprised if Matthias isn't given a good opportunity to get the 2nd line C job.STILLMAN WEISS HORTON BOOTH MATTHIAS OLESZ B.MCLEAN KREPS ZEDNIK PELTONEN CAMPBELL DVORAK no offence, but this is one of the weakest lineups in the NHL, battling it out with the Leafs/Marlies. And Im actually a fan of that first line there, I like all 3 players and I think Olesz could be a star.
Yeah, that's pretty much how it looks, Frolik is in the same boat with Matthias, going to be given a good chance in camp but he'll have to work hard.And yes I'm very aware it's a hugely weak 12, this whole "building from the back end out" has been very apparent the past 2 years, with loads (excruciating amounts) of defensemen being shipped in. Anything above 82 points and I'll probably be pleasantly surprised.
Limidonks superfan

Pinpoint music

FCBL: Nuclear Scientists (14-18)

#43 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,473 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:18 PM

I thought Zednik was done in FLA.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#44 Speed Limit

Speed Limit

Broseph Ballin'

• Members
  • 3,295 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 12:18 AM, said:

I thought Zednik was done in FLA.
Nah only the dude that slit his throat.
Limidonks superfan

Pinpoint music

FCBL: Nuclear Scientists (14-18)

#45 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,762 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:54 AM

9/3/2008 - The Ottawa Limidonks have announced the number changes for this season, amongst incoming players.Christian Backman moves to #2, instead of #5.Brett Clark moves to #55, instead of #5 as well, while Christoph Schubert will keep that number.Teemu Selanne moves back to the #13 he wore in Winnipeg, in his early days, while Matt Cullen keeps his #8.Alexander Steen moves to #25, an homage to his father who wore that number for the Jets many years ago. Booth keeps his #10.Sean Avery goes from #16 to #19 while Andrew Ladd keeps his #16.Antti Miettinen ditches the #20, moving to #18, while Andrew Ladd keeps the #20.Doug Weight will wear #93, as he will in NY, as Dipietro has the #39.Dainus Zubrus switches to his familiar #15, from the #16 he wears in New Jersey.John Madden will move from his familliar #11, electing to don #14 for the FCHL.Everyone else on the roster will wear the numbers they currently wear in the NHL.Additionally, the Limidonks were pleased to announce that Petr Sykora and Matt Cullen have been named alternate captains, while veteran Teemu Selanne has been named team captain, conditional upon his resigning in the NHL.(and yes, I was very bored this morning)
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#46 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 49,452 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:01 AM

View PostZach6668, on Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 5:54 AM, said:

9/3/2008 - The Ottawa Limidonks have announced the number changes for this season, amongst incoming players.Christian Backman moves to #2, instead of #5.Brett Clark moves to #55, instead of #5 as well, while Christoph Schubert will keep that number.Teemu Selanne moves back to the #13 he wore in Winnipeg, in his early days, while Matt Cullen keeps his #8.Alexander Steen moves to #25, an homage to his father who wore that number for the Jets many years ago. Booth keeps his #10.Sean Avery goes from #16 to #19 while Andrew Ladd keeps his #16.Antti Miettinen ditches the #20, moving to #18, while Andrew Ladd keeps the #20.Doug Weight will wear #93, as he will in NY, as Dipietro has the #39.Dainus Zubrus switches to his familiar #15, from the #16 he wears in New Jersey.John Madden will move from his familliar #11, electing to don #14 for the FCHL.Everyone else on the roster will wear the numbers they currently wear in the NHL.Additionally, the Limidonks were pleased to announce that Petr Sykora and Matt Cullen have been named alternate captains, while veteran Teemu Selanne has been named team captain, conditional upon his resigning in the NHL.(and yes, I was very bored this morning)
Having your captain more likely to play EA sports hockey than NHL hockey is a problem. :club:
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#47 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,762 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:07 AM

I'm betting Selanne plays this year.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#48 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,992 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:10 AM

View PostZach6668, on Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 9:07 AM, said:

I'm betting Selanne plays this year.
Fo sho.

#49 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,401 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:28 PM

View PostZach6668, on Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 8:54 AM, said:

9/3/2008 - The Ottawa Limidonks have announced the number changes for this season, amongst incoming players.(and yes, I was very bored this morning)
I guess so!!!Is there like a head moderator I can complain to about this post? Forget as a fellow poster on this board, I'm embarrased to see this from a fellow FCHL owner.Is it too late to retract my vote for Zach's expansion into FCHL??You have brought great shame to the FCHL cause, young one.

#50 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,762 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

lolololyou're stuck with me now!
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#51 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,762 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:13 PM

9/6/2008 - We've made a trade to help fill one of the openings on the blueline.Limidonks receive: Mike Van Ryn, $1 through 11/12, $0.75 in cap for 08/09Reserves receive: Craig Conroy, $0.25 through 09/10, 4th round pick 2009 (Broadway)With so many forwards, especially good young players, Conroy was expendable, and needed to be moved to open a roster spot for Van Ryn. The 4th round pick projects to be late in the 4th round, since it belongs to Broadway. We're hoping Van Ryn will put up some points in Toronto, as he should get some PP time, and lots of even strength ice time, as a top 4 d-man.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#52 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,452 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:44 PM

View PostZach6668, on Saturday, September 6th, 2008, 4:13 PM, said:

9/6/2008 - We've made a trade to help fill one of the openings on the blueline.Limidonks receive: Mike Van Ryn, $1 through 11/12, $0.75 in cap for 08/09Reserves receive: Craig Conroy, $0.25 through 09/10, 4th round pick 2009 (Broadway)With so many forwards, especially good young players, Conroy was expendable, and needed to be moved to open a roster spot for Van Ryn. The 4th round pick projects to be late in the 4th round, since it belongs to Broadway. We're hoping Van Ryn will put up some points in Toronto, as he should get some PP time, and lots of even strength ice time, as a top 4 d-man.
We are happy you picked up a Leaf..However dont count on too much PP time...Kaberle and Kubina will play most of the powerplay..Van Ryn ,Finger/White/Colaicaovo will fight for the rest of the minutes...I really like to see Carlo step it up a little and stay healthy. He has shown glimpses of good offensive potential..We all know Zach why you picked up Van Ryn...Deep down you are a bigger Leaf fan than me..lol...Congrats

#53 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,473 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

View Postserge, on Saturday, September 6th, 2008, 7:44 PM, said:

We are happy you picked up a Leaf..However dont count on too much PP time...Kaberle and Kubina will play most of the powerplay..Van Ryn ,Finger/White/Colaicaovo will fight for the rest of the minutes...I really like to see Carlo step it up a little and stay healthy. He has shown glimpses of good offensive potential..We all know Zach why you picked up Van Ryn...Deep down you are a bigger Leaf fan than me..lol...Congrats
I'll be surprised if Colaiacovo is on the opening roster.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#54 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,762 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:59 PM

View Postserge, on Saturday, September 6th, 2008, 7:44 PM, said:

I think he'll probably see some PP time, but I'm just saying that cuz I want him to get 40 points.He's for sure top 4 on the Leafs, along with Kubina, Kaberle... Finger (healthy scratch in Colorado, but now he's paid like a top 4) will prolly be there too.He'll be the 3rd Leaf I've acquired. I've got Steen, and I had McCabe, for a while, while he was a Leaf.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#55 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,762 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Saturday, September 6th, 2008, 7:49 PM, said:

I'll be surprised if Colaiacovo is on the opening roster.
predicting a training camp scrimmage injury?
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#56 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,473 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

View PostZach6668, on Saturday, September 6th, 2008, 8:00 PM, said:

predicting a training camp scrimmage injury?
Either that or he gets Johan Frogrened.

#57 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,452 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:01 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Saturday, September 6th, 2008, 5:17 PM, said:

Either that or he gets Johan Frogrened.
Frogren could be a surprise and be a factor...FYI the Finger stratching is not an issue...He is a very good dman.

#58 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

I'm happy to say with only 3 picks left go in the FCHL 2 snake draft I have yet to take a Maple Leaf, and before you ask yes I do have 4 penguinos. (Sykora 1.75, Staal 1.5, Goligoski .75, Caputi .50)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#59 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,762 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:23 PM

Caputi on the main roster already? It's a pretty big mistake, imho, to stock up on one team's players. I'm pretty sure I have too many Pens myself. Sykora and Staal on the big club, and a gamble with Pesonen on my farm, waiting to be called up if he makes the top 2 lines this season in Pittsburgh. I also have Caputi in the farm.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#60 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

View PostZach6668, on Saturday, September 6th, 2008, 9:23 PM, said:

Caputi on the main roster already? It's a pretty big mistake, imho, to stock up on one team's players. I'm pretty sure I have too many Pens myself. Sykora and Staal on the big club, and a gamble with Pesonen on my farm, waiting to be called up if he makes the top 2 lines this season in Pittsburgh. I also have Caputi in the farm.
Ya I know...it's mostly because I don't have much experience in this type of league and know more about the Pens prospects than other teams. Staal and Sykora were auction pickups and Goligoski and Caputi are later snake draft pickups. I plan on both of them being down on the farm a bit while Staal and Sykora are going to play on the big club. My ideal last 3 picks are gonna be guys from teams I don't have represented already.In case anyone cares... http://www.realfanta...ampage.php?id=3Also something to file under interesting to me but probably to nobody else...Was doing some research on HockeysFuture.com and I found out that a kid I graduated with from high school (Ian Altenbaugh) is a professional sports writer who has had his stuff published there...sporting news and a few other sites.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users