• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Season 1 right before season 2 started but then never caught up to season 2. I'm gonna have to try and catch up.I was in the mall yesterday and Banana Republic has a "Mad Men" collection of suits, which I though was pretty cool

I heard an interview with Jon Hamm on Bill Simmons' podcast a few weeks ago and he seemed like really cool and down to earth guy. He was talking about how he had been in LA for years with no breaks and had been let go from his agency and forced to wait tables part time before being cast as Draper. Pretty cool story i thought.

I heard an interview with Jon Hamm on Bill Simmons' podcast a few weeks ago and he seemed like really cool and down to earth guy. He was talking about how he had been in LA for years with no breaks and had been let go from his agency and forced to wait tables part time before being cast as Draper. Pretty cool story i thought.
That's how I got into the show. Simmons and Dave Dameshek kept mentioning their man-love for Draper, when Jon Hamm came over to Kimmel's for Sunday football and they couldn't believe how they were smoking outside with Draper. So I checked out the show and what do you know, it's the best show I've ever seen.
I had my first Old Fashioned today in honor of Don Draper.And I saw nothing of the sort at Banana Republic today.
Yeah I can't find it online. I def. saw it @ the mall
  • 3 weeks later...

Who doesn't want to be Roger Sterling? I loved Don Draper's line to Betty's father tonight.The Father: Money doesn't fix every problemDon: No, just this particular problem. He just said that in such a cool way, I wanted to touch him

I love Kornheiser now.
I've always loved Kornheiser, except on Monday night football. He's done a podcast for Lebatard as well and he's an enthralling guy, really. Good catch on me biting TK's rhymes.

1) I'm a little disappointed the grandpa went donk down so fast. I found him and the way the family dealt with him to be entertaining, and I thought for sure he was gonna bad touch his grand daughter. I think there was a foreshadow of his daughter becoming a hippy, while she was watching the vietnam coverage.2) I love'd the Sal scene. I know it's not popular with everyone, but I think he could be one of the most interesting characters of the show if they flesh him out this season, way more interesting than campbell or some of the other office stiffs.3) Peggy stuff has been really good so far. She's a very odd duck.

far enough, I'm good with thatand grandpa wasn't gonna touch the kid, that was you just thinking like a degen. I never got that feeling at all. I was surprised the killed him off so soon though. I figured he would clash with Don a little more. Betty is such a witch to her kids. Shheeeesh.Peggy's roomie is familiar, I've seen her in something recently, but I'm too lazy to snuff it our right now.Salvatore's wife was very cute. I guess she had a moment and realized he was a homo after him acting out the commercial

Peggy's roomie is familiar, I've seen her in something recently, but I'm too lazy to snuff it our right now.
She played Daisy in Californication.I was also a little upset Gene died. I thought they were going to do a little more with him. His death was inevitable at some point this season, but it felt a little early.
far enough, I'm good with thatand grandpa wasn't gonna touch the kid, that was you just thinking like a degen. I never got that feeling at all. I was surprised the killed him off so soon though. I figured he would clash with Don a little more. Betty is such a witch to her kids. Shheeeesh.Peggy's roomie is familiar, I've seen her in something recently, but I'm too lazy to snuff it our right now.Salvatore's wife was very cute. I guess she had a moment and realized he was a homo after him acting out the commercial
I dunno, I got that impression from several semi creepy scenes and looks he gave her, how he obviously showed preference towards her.. also, how he groped betty in season 2, I thought it was all foreshadowing him abusing the grandaughter, and betty reveiling that he'd bad touched her... I guess that's too much of a "very special" mad men to go that route. I was thinking the same thing about how horrible betty is to the kids.. those kids are going to end up so terrible, imo.Re: sal's wife.. I thought the same thing.. the ackward way she curled into his arms as absolutely perfect.