Do You Fold When You Get That Feeling?

You get delt KK UTG... You do a hefty raise to get everyone out, and you get one person that goes ALL IN.You get that feeling that he probably has pocket Aces, but in reality his range can be JJ+ AJ+, but again you have a feeling its probably aces. Do you call anyways or fold. I have found myself in that situation a few times, and twice I was right and once I was wrong... But I am wondering if in Cash games you can really fold KK preflop to an all in... Kosin Trouble

I'm actually partially serious....I know I am new to poker and all but I have seen other threads where people ask good laydown and they are folding pocket kk's in tournaments and others are saying good laydown. I can see if you have an all in and say a couple callers, you would have to give credit to someone for aa's and fold. but at the same time i am told cash games are different and you cant play the same in cash games as in tournaments. In cash games i figured people ranges have to be a bit wider, so I guess is there a point when you do fold pocket k's in cash games.i know I should never fold them in the penny tables that I play, because he ranges there are anywhere from A+ or any pocket pair.Kosin Trouble

When I get that feeling, I want sexual healing.

You get delt KK UTG... You do a hefty raise to get everyone out, and you get one person that goes ALL IN.You get that feeling that he probably has pocket Aces, but in reality his range can be JJ+ AJ+, but again you have a feeling its probably aces. Do you call anyways or fold. I have found myself in that situation a few times, and twice I was right and once I was wrong... But I am wondering if in Cash games you can really fold KK preflop to an all in... Kosin Trouble
A lot of it depends on the situation. A tournament you could make a case for folding KK. But there are so many factors that you need to consider. Stack sizes, your image, is your opponent LAG/TAG, and so many other things. The best example I read was in Phil Gordon's Little Green Book. He talks about being in a hand against Mike Matusow and Phil Hellmuth in a WSOP event. Matusow opened for a raise (which Gordon noticed he had been doing a lot with marginal hands) and he looks down to see KK. Obviously he reraises, and Hellmuth is next to act. Hellmuth had become extremely tight at this point in the tournament and was next to act. Immediately he went all in. Now Gordon had a decision to make. Based off the information he had, he was able to decide that Hellmuth would only make that play with AA d/t how tight he had been playing and the action already in front of him. Long story aside, what I'm getting at is that you need to have a reason why you are going to lay those kings down. Having a feeling is not a reason. Take the information that you know and make a decision, but 99/100 I'm getting it all in. Cash games especially. If they have AA, bad beat, move on.
Just stop making threads.--Lurbz
stop. the guy is asking serious questions, if you don't like his threads don't read em. They may seem silly to you, but we can't all be on your level. Stop being a god damn jackass to everyone you aren't friends with.
meh. folding and waiting for a better spot would be ok
Like I said, depends on the situation.
I'm actually partially serious....I know I am new to poker and all but I have seen other threads where people ask good laydown and they are folding pocket kk's in tournaments and others are saying good laydown. I can see if you have an all in and say a couple callers, you would have to give credit to someone for aa's and fold. but at the same time i am told cash games are different and you cant play the same in cash games as in tournaments. In cash games i figured people ranges have to be a bit wider, so I guess is there a point when you do fold pocket k's in cash games.i know I should never fold them in the penny tables that I play, because he ranges there are anywhere from A+ or any pocket pair.Kosin Trouble
I'm probably never folding KK in a cash game. The only time I can see is if their is a ton of action before me. KK is a strong hand, but all in against multiple opponents decreases your odds to win significantly. I would probably have to see at least 2 all in's from pretty solid or tight players before I ever throw that hand in the muck. Tell you the truth, I can't think of one time in a cash game that I have ever laid down K's.

Call and pull a Tuff Fish if he has aces.

You have to call every time in this situation unless you have a lock read the person shoving is a total rock.Pointer: You might want to start these types of threads in the Strat Forums Kos. You'll catch less flack and get some more serious replies.