Obama For Poker?

Its obvious that the bush administration is (was) against online gambling and in effect online poker. During the last six months i was listening for Obama's administrations views on online gambling. like i expected, it never was brought up, or at least publicized to my knowledge.... does anyone know his admins view? any news reports on what his admin will do?

Didn't we have this topic like 3 days ago??search option is your friend!!
Why didnt i think of that? ahhh, wait i did think of that.... and i found nothing, but i did find a news report.http://www.pokerlistings.com/election-2008...ine-poker-31956

He's a poker player himself and apparently pretty decent. He's a TAG, btw. Of course that doesn't mean anything about his position on online gaming. I suspect it'll be pretty neutral. He won't push to make it legal but he's probably likely to sign a bill if it gets before him.

Its obvious that the bush administration is (was) against online gambling and in effect online poker. During the last six months i was listening for Obama's administrations views on online gambling. like i expected, it never was brought up, or at least publicized to my knowledge.... does anyone know his admins view? any news reports on what his admin will do?
Definitely in favour of betting half the cards in the deck, sight unseen :club: and the other half he will bet democratically. :ts In one speech he did mention that online revenue should be traceable and taxable, so I guess that makes him pro-online business of all types. The United Kingdom has started putting countries on a "White List" where online poker sites in those countries are ok as far as the U.K. is concerned, Antigua being one of the first countries to be approved, so there is progress generally, I think.

I read somewhere that he is going to let 2 pair beat trips if you only have one of the trips in your hand.I.E. You have KJ, I have Q3Board K 3 J 6 3KJ would win this pot at showdown.

Agreed, and probably rightly so.
Correct. We're "rightly" not a priority because we aren't a problem for him. Unlike the Christo-fascist terrorists who made this issue big enough to get the laws passed in the first place. The problem is that normal people simply aren't crazy and dogmatic enough to create a utilitarian issue for politicians, who universally don't give a shit about you unless you pose a threat to reelection etc.
Correct. We're "rightly" not a priority because we aren't a problem for him. Unlike the Christo-fascist terrorists who made this issue big enough to get the laws passed in the first place. The problem is that normal people simply aren't crazy and dogmatic enough to create a utilitarian issue for politicians, who universally don't give a shit about you unless you pose a threat to reelection etc.
Obviously you've never read theredpill blog. I wonder if we could convince him to become a suicide bomber to advance the cause? If, you know, he hasn't already iced himself, his blog hasn't been updated in months.
lol. Yeah, online poker really should be a priority for him right now. It's not like there are other things for him to think about.
Obviously you've never read theredpill blog. I wonder if we could convince him to become a suicide bomber to advance the cause? If, you know, he hasn't already iced himself, his blog hasn't been updated in months.
If we could get nutcase poker players to start bombing country clubs and day care centers, I would rather they didn't lift the legislation. I picture you and I could lead some kind of Poker Association which didn't officially condone these actions, but dressed liked Morpheus, hold negotiations and from time to time released grainy videos.
lol. Yeah, online poker really should be a priority for him right now. It's not like there are other things for him to think about.
No, I mean sure, he obviously has more "important" things to think about. All politicians do. What makes these things more "important" is that they're a big enough threat to a politician's power that they prioritize them. There are more important things to do than work on decriminalizing poker. But there's plenty of time to work on criminalizing poker. Because the people who want it illegal are numerous, have free time, and are generally pretty bats. So it's important, while we are less so.