That Effing Russian

Watching..... that was a great hand AQ> AK.... whoever got it all in first

Anybody else thought that after Demidov re-raises that Phillips should have either went all in or fold. Calling seemed to be the worst play because if no A or K hits the flop he has to fold.

Anybody else thought that after Demidov re-raises that Phillips should have either went all in or fold. Calling seemed to be the worst play because if no A or K hits the flop he has to fold.
Agreed and betting 4 million into the 17mil pot on the flop was a tad tarded as well.
he knew phillips couldnt call because of the 400 people in the stands... Phillips was by far the worst player at the table imo.
agree with this. Phillips calling ranges were tighter that heck.
I was yelling at the TV like I do when I watch hockey during that hand, it was played so ridic by both players. Phillips definitely needed to shove or fold preflop, emphasis on shove. I've never, ever seen or heard of anyone 4 betting AQoff before, I don't know if that's a comment on how sick Demidov is or if it was just one of those weird things that happen early in a final table. Flat calling the re-re-re-raise was awful by Phillips, I'm sure he knows that.
arrgh the Russian guy in the crowd with the goofy hat on is the donk that busted me in my only wsop cash.. FML.
demidov busted me in the ME, he's a sicko. just intimidating to look at while @ the table and coolers my face off. glad that the HU match had 2 incredibly talented and deserving players.

Worst play of all was Suharto trying to muscle Demidov off a set of K's.Suharto had AQ; Demidov had KKThe betting was:Suharto raisesDemidov re-raisesSuharto callsPot is now about 6 milFlop comes down: K x x, two clubsDemidov bets 3.3 milSuharto re-raises another 5 (8.3 mil)Demidov shoves before Suharto even has his chips counted outSuharto foldsIMO, after Demidov RR's PF, Suharto HAS to lay it down to the flop bet. I mean, even calling PF with AQ was a bad play.Discuss?

Worst play of all was Suharto trying to muscle Demidov off a set of K's.Suharto had AQ; Demidov had KKThe betting was:Suharto raisesDemidov re-raisesSuharto callsPot is now about 6 milFlop comes down: K x x, two clubsDemidov bets 3.3 milSuharto re-raises another 5 (8.3 mil)Demidov shoves before Suharto even has his chips counted outSuharto foldsIMO, after Demidov RR's PF, Suharto HAS to lay it down to the flop bet. I mean, even calling PF with AQ was a bad play.Discuss?
it was simply bad timing on surhartos part. he was by far the tightest player at the table, and was playing off his image

That AQ play by demidov vs Phillips was just ill, Phillips did play the hand appallingly though. I was sure Demidov had at least hit part of the flop or had an overpair when I was listening to the audio broadcast.Eastgate was pretty good but he ran pretty damned hot too. Demidov was the my pick for the best player at the FT.Suharto's play was a combination of bad timing and awful stack size management. I thought Rizen would have taught him better :S.

Worst play of all was Suharto
No. Scott Montgomery wins for shoving 24M into a 6M pot.SM raises to 1.5 with A9 soooooted.Demidov reraises to 4.25 and Scott shoves in 24.375 and Demidov makes the call with KK for a 51M pot.Anything that calls there has him dominated. Just a retarded play when he was 2/5 in great shape.
No. Scott Montgomery wins for shoving 24M into a 4M pot.SM raises to 1.5 with A9 soooooted.Demidov reraises to 4.25 and Scott shoves in 24.375 and Demidov makes the call with KK for a 51M pot.Anything that calls there has him dominated. Just a retarded play when he was 2/5 in great shape.
agreed - that play was fairly awful - although I'm not entirely sure what I do there - I may just complete pf cause I'm a passive donk - then go broke on what I seem to remember was a 646ddx flop?
it was simply bad timing on surhartos part. he was by far the tightest player at the table, and was playing off his image
True, but is Demidov really rr'ing pf with nothing? His range might be quite large, but it does include small PP's and a lot of K's, so folding to the flop bet would have been smarter than rr'ing another 5 mil and screwing yourself. In that spot you HAVE to know Demidov has something and is going to put the heat on you.And Demidov's play in the AQ vs AK hand was absolutely awesome
A couple of nice laydowns-Demidov laying down two pair,Schwartz laying down the K :club: on a 4 :ts board on the river.
Schwartz's laydown was pretty awesome also...Montgomery's play was super stupid. The guy seemed borderline retarded, even for a Canadian. I missed the play because i went to bed early. I'm an old man...
A damn stupid, but gutsy play.
fyp
qft. that was his mistake in the hand.
agree with this. Phillips calling ranges were tighter that heck.
and that makes demidov's play so bad. of course, he could have read phillips correctly on AK and figured he could push him off the hand, but we will never know.as long, you're not supposed to play AQo after a re-reraise (unless you're some kind of aggro-online-donk). unless you shove, but if he had done that, phillips would have called, i think.