The Old Qq In A 3 Bet Pot Bit

Villain is a 13/10/3 over 100hands. He is cappable of barreling multiple streets. I have seen him 3 bet quite alot and his range pre is probably 77+ AT+ and 67s+. What do you do on the flop and why? and what do you plan to do on the turn if it is a blank, an A. a J or T?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownCO ($49.95)Hero ($70.50)SB ($47.70)BB ($112.45)UTG ($33.05)MP ($36.85)Preflop: Hero is Button with Qdiamond.gif, Qheart.gif. UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BB raises to $7, UTG folds, Hero calls $5.Flop: ($14.75) Kclub.gif, 4club.gif, Kspade.gif(2 players)BB bets $8.6, Hero ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt his 3bet range is that wide if he's playing 13/10, meaning we're probably up against 1010+, AQ, AK. If you've seen him barrel multiple streets, that would be our only readon for getting it in here. Standard line here is to call flop and reevaluate turn. Decide now if youre going to commit more if the turn is a blank. No use calling here and folding a blank turn.

I doubt his 3bet range is that wide if he's playing 13/10, meaning we're probably up against 1010+, AQ, AK. If you've seen him barrel multiple streets, that would be our only readon for getting it in here. Standard line here is to call flop and reevaluate turn. Decide now if youre going to commit more if the turn is a blank. No use calling here and folding a blank turn.
I know it may seem wierd to give him such a big 3 bet range but he 3 bet alot, he almost never opened a pot, if he came into the pot he was 3 betting FWIW
Call and reevaluate turn.
what do you do on the turn cards i gave in op
I know it may seem wierd to give him such a big 3 bet range but he 3 bet alot, he almost never opened a pot, if he came into the pot he was 3 betting FWIW
Odd playstyle..
I know it may seem wierd to give him such a big 3 bet range but he 3 bet alot, he almost never opened a pot, if he came into the pot he was 3 betting FWIWwhat do you do on the turn cards i gave in op
Well obviously I'm feeling a lot better bout cards that aren't broadway (beside K's and Q's), and better yet if not clubs... but it's also dependent on turn action and how much he bets if he bets on what card. We do have that position thing.
Calling and folding the turn is fine

I fold here because there is no way there is a ton of value in calling down here against a nit, if this was a crazy player you might have to, but even with his aggression he is going to have a hand that beats Q's a lot here.Since he is aggro he probably isn't going to stop firing either with a bluff or a made hand.

Villain is a 13/10/3 over 100hands. He is cappable of barreling multiple streets. I have seen him 3 bet quite alot and his range pre is probably 77+ AT+ and 67s+. What do you do on the flop and why? and what do you plan to do on the turn if it is a blank, an A. a J or T?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownCO ($49.95)Hero ($70.50)SB ($47.70)BB ($112.45)UTG ($33.05)MP ($36.85)Preflop: Hero is Button with Qdiamond.gif, Qheart.gif. UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BB raises to $7, UTG folds, Hero calls $5.Flop: ($14.75) Kclub.gif, 4club.gif, Kspade.gif(2 players)BB bets $8.6, Hero ?
Gross. I think the flop is a raise/fold. I raise to like $22 and fold to a shove.
Gross. I think the flop is a raise/fold. I raise to like $22 and fold to a shove.
Raise folding acheives what exactly? He's never calling with a worse hand

when u 4-bet u r taking the initiative and you are representing something strong. Now even if your opponent is very aggressive he is less likely to bet against you unless he has a hand . QQ is a strong hand but ur going to be in difficult situations everytime there is an A or K on the board.

decided to call flop and eval turn. what do you do now?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownCO ($49.95)Hero ($70.50)SB ($47.70)BB ($112.45)UTG ($33.05)MP ($36.85)Preflop: Hero is Button with Qdiamond.gif, Qheart.gif. UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BB raises to $7, UTG folds, Hero calls $5.Flop: ($14.75) Kclub.gif, 4club.gif, Kspade.gif(2 players)BB bets $8.6, Hero calls $8.60.Turn: ($31.95) Jspade.gif(2 players)BB bets $11.5, Hero ?

decided to call flop and eval turn. what do you do now?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownCO ($49.95)Hero ($70.50)SB ($47.70)BB ($112.45)UTG ($33.05)MP ($36.85)Preflop: Hero is Button with Qdiamond.gif, Qheart.gif. UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BB raises to $7, UTG folds, Hero calls $5.Flop: ($14.75) Kclub.gif, 4club.gif, Kspade.gif(2 players)BB bets $8.6, Hero calls $8.60.Turn: ($31.95) Jspade.gif(2 players)BB bets $11.5, Hero ?
fold and curse
I think cardcore's theorem might apply here. Shovel?

If villain is 3betting a lot shouldn't we be 4betting wider? I think it's a great time to 4bet. 4betting from LP against someone that 3bets out of the blinds doesn't get a ton of respect. I 4 bet to $19-21 pf.As played, I think you can call the turn, that bet is weird small.

If villain is 3betting a lot shouldn't we be 4betting wider? I think it's a great time to 4bet. 4betting from LP against someone that 3bets out of the blinds doesn't get a ton of respect. I 4 bet to $19-21 pf.As played, I think you can call the turn, that bet is weird small.
thats what i was thinking
why?
making it easy doesnt make us more money
You say the guy has a range of 77+ AT+ and 67s+ and you're not 4betting? /thread.
As played, I think you can call the turn, that bet is weird small.
Either villain is slowing down cause he doesn't have a king or the jack gave him the boat (KJ/JJ) and he's drawing you in. I'd feel better about calling the turn if I knew that villain wouldn't read our call of his small bet as weak and bluff shove the river as we would obviously be content with a check/check on the river.Tough Hand but I think that I would call the small turn bet just to get some notes on his river action. I'd fold to a shove on the river.