My Thoughts On Poker

At the time being, I am in somewhat of a poker-wasteland. A bad run you might call it as well.I have been playing poker on and off (mostly on) for almost two years now, and have learned to love and hate it.Lately, I have not really been a successful player in the sense of great winnings, or withdrawals if you may. But I see myself as a successful player in terms of making the right decisions, instinct, doing few mistakes and the understanding of the game. Have you ever had the thought:''Man, I should have been a millionaire by now''? To be honest, my situation at the moment, being ''unemploymentally'' challenged and all, is the problem why I have not had the chance to give the game a proper go. Every time I win a couple of hundred bucks, I simply can not afford not withdrawing them. This denying me from building a solid bankroll, which is so fundamentally important for a successful poker player to have.But luckily, it seems times are changing, that of my economy that is. From now on and through the summer, I will spend my notso meaningful hours and my not so expendable money trying to build a bankroll, and hopefully, become a successful pokerplayer. I do believe it is worth a try, I would not try it if i thought otherwise. I mean, how could you not try it,at least once in your life? This could change your life forever, and open a door of possibilities you probably can noteven imagine. Can you honestly tell someone that you'd rather want to work 9-5 for the rest of your life? Personally,I believe everybody should try to be good at the things they do.Anyways, I prefer playing tournaments, and I guess my new bankroll will allow me to play in the 10 dollar ones. Following Chris Ferguson's way from 0-10 000$ inspired me to follow his bankroll management advice, meaning I can not playtournaments that costs more than 2 % of my entire bankroll. Reading his articles also gave me a clue about how important it is to have one. But I have made one exception: I will not play in tournaments that costs less than 10 dollars. I know it sounds pretty anal (as Daniel likes to say), since I just wrote that I want to follow Ferguson's advice, but I reckon that is just the way it have to be :)I simply refuse to play in tournaments with the lowest buy-in anymore. Why? They are bad for my game. When I play at a different level, the play changes a bit, and I will have to adapt. I do not want to adapt to that level for a long period of time, which I believe, will bring my game down towards it. And besides, I find playing in the 10+ tournaments to be much easier. Since the buy-in is higher, the tournament will attract better players, and therefore, I can play more of the game that I want to play.Well, this is just some of the thoughts running trough my head at the moment. I hope you found this ''article'' somewhat readable and interesting. Please do comment it, give me your view and share your experiences. Don't hesitate to send the answer to my e-mail. I have never written anything like this before, but I kinda wanted to share my thoughts :) I am also looking for advice on my bankroll, since I have no experience with bankroll management.molo.

At the time being, I am in somewhat of a poker-wasteland. A bad run you might call it as well.I have been playing poker on and off (mostly on) for almost two years now, and have learned to love and hate it.Lately, I have not really been a successful player in the sense of great winnings, or withdrawals if you may. But I see myself as a successful player in terms of making the right decisions, instinct, doing few mistakes and the understanding of the game. Have you ever had the thought:''Man, I should have been a millionaire by now''? To be honest, my situation at the moment, being ''unemploymentally'' challenged and all, is the problem why I have not had the chance to give the game a proper go. Every time I win a couple of hundred bucks, I simply can not afford not withdrawing them. This denying me from building a solid bankroll, which is so fundamentally important for a successful poker player to have.But luckily, it seems times are changing, that of my economy that is. From now on and through the summer, I will spend my notso meaningful hours and my not so expendable money trying to build a bankroll, and hopefully, become a successful pokerplayer. I do believe it is worth a try, I would not try it if i thought otherwise. I mean, how could you not try it,at least once in your life? This could change your life forever, and open a door of possibilities you probably can noteven imagine. Can you honestly tell someone that you'd rather want to work 9-5 for the rest of your life? Personally,I believe everybody should try to be good at the things they do.Anyways, I prefer playing tournaments, and I guess my new bankroll will allow me to play in the 10 dollar ones. Following Chris Ferguson's way from 0-10 000$ inspired me to follow his bankroll management advice, meaning I can not playtournaments that costs more than 2 % of my entire bankroll. Reading his articles also gave me a clue about how important it is to have one. But I have made one exception: I will not play in tournaments that costs less than 10 dollars. I know it sounds pretty anal (as Daniel likes to say), since I just wrote that I want to follow Ferguson's advice, but I reckon that is just the way it have to be :)I simply refuse to play in tournaments with the lowest buy-in anymore. Why? They are bad for my game. When I play at a different level, the play changes a bit, and I will have to adapt. I do not want to adapt to that level for a long period of time, which I believe, will bring my game down towards it. And besides, I find playing in the 10+ tournaments to be much easier. Since the buy-in is higher, the tournament will attract better players, and therefore, I can play more of the game that I want to play.Well, this is just some of the thoughts running trough my head at the moment. I hope you found this ''article'' somewhat readable and interesting. Please do comment it, give me your view and share your experiences. Don't hesitate to send the answer to my e-mail. I have never written anything like this before, but I kinda wanted to share my thoughts :club: I am also looking for advice on my bankroll, since I have no experience with bankroll management.molo.
Oh.
Since the buy-in is higher, the tournament will attract better players, and therefore, I can play more of the game that I want to play.
:club: Personally I find that playing against the worst players possible is the strategy that's helped my bankroll the most. Then again I only play for funsies.
I simply refuse to play in tournaments with the lowest buy-in anymore. Why? They are bad for my game. When I play at a different level, the play changes a bit, and I will have to adapt. I do not want to adapt to that level for a long period of time, which I believe, will bring my game down towards it. And besides, I find playing in the 10+ tournaments to be much easier. Since the buy-in is higher, the tournament will attract better players, and therefore, I can play more of the game that I want to play.
You should seriously play the 100r on Stars. You wouldn't believe how often they respect your raises and very few donk calls at all. I have found them quite profitable. I should also probably PM ballon guy with this revelation.
I simply refuse to play in tournaments with the lowest buy-in anymore. Why? They are bad for my game. When I play at a different level, the play changes a bit, and I will have to adapt. I do not want to adapt to that level for a long period of time, which I believe, will bring my game down towards it. And besides, I find playing in the 10+ tournaments to be much easier. Since the buy-in is higher, the tournament will attract better players, and therefore, I can play more of the game that I want to play.
The words of a fish. Over/under on the upcoming busto thread?
The words of a fish/idiot who thinks the only thing keeping him from TP/MM are the beats he takes while not realizing the irony in wanting to play only winning players and eliminate all the fish.
FYP
Why are broke people so much more prone to want to think about their lives more than people with money?
Why do some seemingly intelligent people continue to support Bush?Some questions have no logical answers.

from what I gathered you seem to be a nice guy but probably think you're better than what you are.

I'm meeting some friends at a little mexican joint with disgustingly good green chile.My loins will stink this afternoon much worse than this thread. So there's that.

Why are broke people so much more prone to want to think about their lives more than people with money?
Because they can't occupy themselves thinking about all of the awesome things they plan to buy, duh.
Why do some seemingly intelligent people continue to support Bush?Some questions have no logical answers.
Another time, another place, and I would bite. Today I feel like laughing.So today I will just say that history will prove my support for Bush correct. And the haters will maybe never understand. Really kind of sad, maybe I picked the wrong day to be happy.
Because they can't occupy themselves thinking about all of the awesome things they plan to buy, duh.
Ahh reason in a sea of stupidity.Thank you sir
Another time, another place, and I would bite. Today I feel like laughing.So today I will just say that history will prove my support for Bush correct. And the haters will maybe never understand. Really kind of sad, maybe I picked the wrong day to be happy.
QFT!
Yea but we'll all be dead, so I say to hell with history.
At least you can pretend you're right now though!
One day I'll fly to California, you'll buy me a nice dinner and some drinks, then we'll sit outside while I smoke one of your cigars, and you can let me know why Bush will be remembered as a great president. Not for poor people, not for rich people, not for you, not for me, but what things he has done while in office that will make people remember him as great. I look forward to it.
One day I'll fly to California, you'll buy me a nice dinner and some drinks, then we'll sit outside while I smoke one of your cigars, and you can let me know why Bush will be remembered as a great president. Not for poor people, not for rich people, not for you, not for me, but what things he has done while in office that will make people remember him as great. I look forward to it.
It's simple really. For having the courage to do what those before would or could not. For standing up to those who thought we have lost all our will to fight and have grown too complacent to get down in the trenches. For making one of the most difficult decisions the Commnader in Chief can make in sending young patriots into harm's way for the good of us all. But most of all, for continuing to fight on because of what he believes is the right thing, even in the face of sinking popular opinion fueled by the left wing propaganda news machines.