Fake Hand On Espn

ESPN does a lot of editing for the WSOP poker shows so many things that we see on TV are not accurate accounts of what actually happened. However, Paul Phillips claims here that ESPN actually faked a hand between Hellmuth and Tony D. In this hand, Tony D held JT to Hellmuth's 77 and folded when Hellmuth reraised on a board of K-4-J-J.

ESPN does a lot of editing for the WSOP poker shows so many things that we see on TV are not accurate accounts of what actually happened. However, Paul Phillips claims here that ESPN actually faked a hand between Hellmuth and Tony D. In this hand, Tony D held JT to Hellmuth's 77 and folded when Hellmuth reraised on a board of K-4-J-J.
Ancient history.Although reached for comment...Tony D confirmed that he indeed had that hand.It was one of those: "Hey Tony, we didn't see your hand..what did you have?" and they then re-created the hand.
Ancient history.Although reached for comment...Tony D confirmed that he indeed had that hand.It was one of those: "Hey Tony, we didn't see your hand..what did you have?" and they then re-created the hand.
I only started playing poker seriously about 14 mths back, that's why I missed the initial discussion on it. I'm sure there are others who haven't read it.
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this:As soon as you remove that god forsaken avatar, I will take you seriously, and even throw you a +1 or an lol at times. But no soup for you until then.Good luck.

This is just a case of "good television". They use these kinds of ploys all the times on T.V.For example, lets use the popular "Surreal Life". Parris Hilton, just resently stated, that she was "acting" during the shoot to create a deeper character persona.The media will do just about anything to "amaze" and "dazzle" the T.V. audience.I will give a hand to ESPN for doing a decent job at keeping you on the edge of your seat during certain hands. But the chip inconsistency and the splicing footage is probably a case of just "good t.v."....I remember that hand really well with Tony. I was like who lays down trip jacks only a pro can lay down trip jacks. Stupid ESPN...

not to sure this was fake. if anyone has ever sat in the stands of a WSOP event, you'll notice that hands last long in SOME instances. deciding to make a call or fold sometimes last too long imo. he could have been deciding for a minute (which was then condenced to seconds) at which point he could have had chips in his hand then out when he finally decides.on the point of him not playing that style or whatever... who wants to admit they played badly, especially after given an out?"uhhhh...your right i didn't have that hand!"

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this:As soon as you remove that god forsaken avatar, I will take you seriously, and even throw you a +1 or an lol at times. But no soup for you until then.Good luck.
+1
Holy hell, I always wondered why the hell that guy layed down trip Jacks for a small reraise. It was faked? WTF!? ESPN even put it under "greatest bluffs."
Speak for yourself. You can change preferences on your "board settings" and choose to not see avatars, or signatures, if you're interested.
I don't think I could ever block the avatars on here. So many hot Jessica Alba avy's.That's why, I sir, do not complain.
Speak for yourself. You can change preferences on your "board settings" and choose to not see avatars, or signatures, if you're interested.
Then I would have to turn off avs for everyone, and I can't fantasize about Royal without his av on.But my post was more directed at KFL and that hideous picture than people's choice of avatar.
speaking of avatars, what about my retarded?

Paul Phillips also claimed a whiles back at the Lake Tahoe Circuit event last year (the one where Lisandro and Ivey went heads up), that ESPN B.S.ed Lisandros hand against Ivey early in the show.

Paul Phillips also claimed a whiles back at the Lake Tahoe Circuit event last year (the one where Lisandro and Ivey went heads up), that ESPN B.S.ed Lisandros hand against Ivey early in the show.
where lisandro has TT and ivey has 99 and the flop comes like 444 and phil raises jeffs turn bet and lisandro folds in like 10 secs?
or if you are smart and use firefox, you can utilize image blockeredit: damn, he isn't linking that av through photobucket or imageshack, and when I block the pic it screws up all of my screen and blocks all of the avs. weak
or if you are smart and use firefox, you can utilize image blockeredit: damn, he isn't linking that av through photobucket or imageshack, and when I block the pic it screws up all of my screen and blocks all of the avs. weak
I'm sorry many of your have to go through all that trouble just to avoid seeing Kathy Liebert.