Double Shootout Semi-bluff Part 2

To preface this, my opponent was showing down good cards in limited hands, and not having to show down several other pots. He seems to be a standard lag player to me.Anyways, here's the hand. I won it, obviously, but did I fall victim to fancy play syndrome? Is this something I can expect often at the $16 level?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP1 (t3885)MP2 (t1445)CO (t1540)Button (t1940)Hero (t1350)BB (t1470)UTG (t370)Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:club:, 6:club:. 1 fold, MP1 raises to t60, 3 folds, Hero calls t45, 1 fold.Flop: (t150) 5:club:, 3:heart:, 9:heart: (2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t30, Hero raises to t90, MP1 calls t60.Turn: (t330) 7:diamond: (2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t270, Hero calls t270.River: (t870) 2:club: (2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t1290, Hero calls t930 (All-In).Final Pot: t3090[Villain showed JT]------I'm too tired to put together coherent sentences. I had to post this before I forgot, however. Hopefully I make an edit to it when I wake up.Thanks all.

I don't like your flop play - if you are going to check-raise with a draw, I think you need to raise a higher amount there. Especially with the flush draw available, which reduces your number of clean outs.I also don't like your turn play. You made your hand, which was great, but there is still a flush draw out there. Your check may have allowed your opponent a free card. The fact that he decided to bet after your check doesn't make your check a good play. Had I checked there, which I wouldn't have, I certainly wouldn't have just called the bet, as there is now a higher straight possible as well as the flush draw.The river again is a bad play, checking there IMO.Don't look at the results of the hand, but rather the decisions you made throughout.

Well, I didnt want the guy to misunderstand the blurb, so I elaborated it a bit... :club:
LOL.You might as well tell me to TP/MM now, too.I was heavily intoxicated when I made the post. Actually, I had totally forgotten that I made it until this morning.The only reason that I'd post about that hand, however, is that I needed help in the decision-making process that led up to the result. I'm not (like you care) results-oriented when it comes to poker. That's why I come here.EDIT: New question: I was under the impression that by letting him lead out the turn, he was - in a way - paying for the flush draw himself (if he had one, that is). Correct me if necessary, please.Also, upon looking at the HH files from said shootout, the villain had a history of grabbing pots that his opponents showed little interest in. To me, it feels like he has a touch and puts me on the flush draw (and solely that), hence the push. Had I led out with a marginal-sized bet, there's probably a good chance that he sticks the rest in, but I'm really not sure. Again, that's why I come here.Thanks again.
LOL.You might as well tell me to TP/MM now, too.I was heavily intoxicated when I made the post. Actually, I had totally forgotten that I made it until this morning.The only reason that I'd post about that hand, however, is that I needed help in the decision-making process that led up to the result. I'm not (like you care) results-oriented when it comes to poker. That's why I come here.EDIT: New question: I was under the impression that by letting him lead out the turn, he was - in a way - paying for the flush draw himself (if he had one, that is). Correct me if necessary, please.Also, upon looking at the HH files from said shootout, the villain had a history of grabbing pots that his opponents showed little interest in. To me, it feels like he has a touch and puts me on the flush draw (and solely that), hence the push. Had I led out with a marginal-sized bet, there's probably a good chance that he sticks the rest in, but I'm really not sure. Again, that's why I come here.Thanks again.
You are partially correct about his bet "paying for the flush draw". The problem is he didnt pay enough. A min bet like that is often a defensive bet trying to head off a bet that does price out the flush draw.However, I would have folded preflop.

Hey just wanted to say GG, NH, VNH, and congrats. I will be checking in periodically but I hope you take this down. Helluva comeback from what, 3k to 90k in 30 minutes? :club: Kind of hoped we'd get to go heads-up but it wasn't to be.