Big Stack Calling Station

got the SnG bug again.6 Man $11/$22 on PartyPayout: 1/2 60/40.Rather than a long winded question half you numbskulls won't read... I'll state it quick and simple and if you need more info, let me know.donkey blows his stack.chips go to guy on my left..or maybe 2 seats over. Call him BiggyStaxBiggStax calls all my PreFlop raises and Flop continuation bets, usually taking pot away on turn when I am UI.I stop continuation betting... I lay low.... I let others battle each othe and BiggieStax (maybe I pick up a hand here or there to keep me ahead of the blinds)I get to 3-handed play and generally, get to HU because 3rdGuy insists on playing every hand and BiggyStax eventually busts him.This often lead to me HU outchipped 3:1 or more.Or, risking elimination against 3rd guy, to have a decent stack. This I only do when Blinds dictate...always mindful that 3rdGuy will play so many hands, I'm never that desperate to push with any two..unless like <6 BB.ok..so since I'm keeping this short:How do you play (adjust?) in a SH SnG when BiggyStax keeps calling and you have to have a hand worth beting into a t600 pot on the turn with 1500 left, for example... like I said,, I just wait it out... and try to trap Biggy if opportunity arises, oterwise...hope donkeys kill each otherSo I'd like to get more 1st's since it's twice the profit of 2nd.But by HU time, I'm usually low chips, due to having BiggyStax choking me off unless I have huge handMaybe I'm just annoyed with calling stations with lots of chips.this question really sounds like a rookie.I would probably have some sarcastic remark for a poster asking this question.thanks for help.****as you were.I think I'm headed to Red Lobster.

Since you kept it short... SWBut seriously, people like that aren't that tough to deal with. You just got to bet when you have it and let it go when you don't. Also, you should be focusing more energy on playing against the other remaining player (i.e. not the big stack). If you are aggressive against the non-big stack player, you shoud be able to steal lots of his chips since he will not want to bust. I'm not saying play every pot against him and avoid all pots against the big stack... However, as a general guideline, I'd avoid marginal confrontations against the big stack and try to steal chips from the other non-big stack.

Since you kept it short... SWBut seriously, people like that aren't that tough to deal with. You just got to bet when you have it and let it go when you don't. Also, you should be focusing more energy on playing against the other remaining player (i.e. not the big stack). If you are aggressive against the non-big stack player, you shoud be able to steal lots of his chips since he will not want to bust. I'm not saying play every pot against him and avoid all pots against the big stack... However, as a general guideline, I'd avoid marginal confrontations against the big stack and try to steal chips from the other non-big stack.
Just to add. Avoid getting upset at biggistax. I know from my experiences it pisses me off when hes calling every flop I raise & I seem to seek him out more. Try & just play your cards & avoid him unless you have the nuts or semi nuts.

Recently I started playing a bunch of shorthanded SNG's on FCP, and i've only run across two guys similar to BiggyStax. All I can add is this - Push me around once, shame on you; push me around twice, I see what you are doing; push me around three times, shame on me. As soon as I could see what kind of a player my HU opponent was going to be, I completely flip-flopped my gameplan, which works almost every time, as they usually don't react quick enough. This is of course assuming that the blinds aren't so large that you don't get to see more than five hands once it is HU.

it's the before HU, really that concerns me.
The problem is in the SNG's themselves though. Only 2 of 6 (or 5) players get paid, and your primary objective to SNG's are to make the money, with the secondary objective to achieve first place AFTER making the money. They play totally different than an MTT in that regard, and due to it being a short-handed tourney, they play slightly different than a regular 9/10-man SNG.
The problem is in the SNG's themselves though. Only 2 of 6 (or 5) players get paid, and your primary objective to SNG's are to make the money, with the secondary objective to achieve first place AFTER making the money. They play totally different than an MTT in that regard, and due to it being a short-handed tourney, they play slightly different than a regular 9/10-man SNG.
were you trying to answer any of my questions? :)Also, note, that taking 1 first place is just about the same profit as two 2nds...but in 1/2 the time. I know you know that.Of course getting at least 2nd is most important.BiggyStax chokes off all my hands, though, especially early, when I don't want to go to war without a really strong hand and he does not give up any pots. so I just clam up which makes it tougher at the end to survive with higher blinds. I just limp a lot more. BiggyStax doesn't necessarily raise a lot, so I can see cheap flops. I guess he thinks he has to keep me inline; but will let me play for small change.
were you trying to answer any of my questions? :D
The only question I saw was - How do you play (adjust?) , which I believe I have tried to shed some light on (in case you were unaware)... :club: