Cleveland Cavs - Hello Lottery Thread

• 2 weeks later...

the Cavaliers, now winless in 2011 and losers of 32 of 33.Unless they can win on Friday in Memphis, the Cavs (8-41) will match the league's all-time mark for consecutive futility

I know this sucks for cavs fans, particularly off of having the Lebron era, but really, this is for the best. You don't want to be stuck in the "bad but not THAT BAD" 7-10 seed limbo. You want to suck, solidly, for a few years. It might suck, but it was that kind of sucking that got you Lebron in the first place.

I know this sucks for cavs fans, particularly off of having the Lebron era, but really, this is for the best. You don't want to be stuck in the "bad but not THAT BAD" 7-10 seed limbo. You want to suck, solidly, for a few years. It might suck, but it was that kind of sucking that got you Lebron in the first place.
Also the Cavs are in pretty good shape salary wise with only Jamison's huge contract being that bad and it's only for next year when there isn't going to be a season anyway.http://hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm
Also the Cavs are in pretty good shape salary wise with only Jamison's huge contract being that bad and it's only for next year when there isn't going to be a season anyway.http://hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm
Well, that would matter if they could use that money to lure talented players. Dan Gilbert murdered that idea last summer.
yeah, but who are they going to attract to come play in cleveland with no building blocks and no futures? Give max contracts to guys that shouldn't have them like Rudy Gay? Grats.If I were them, I'd save their money and wait till they have a stud or two from the lottery and then start filling the team out around them. You can't have a Miami 2.0 in cleveland, 'Melo and Chris Paul ain't comin'.

Cap space isn't just about free agents.Having flexibility and not having bad contracts could be really important down the road with the new CBA coming.That's part of the reason I think whoever ends up with Carmelo will really regret it.

"They say you can't win 'em all, but in the same light, you can't lose 'em all either," Hickson said. "So, if we stay [focused], I think we can get a couple of wins before the season's over."