Grass Fed Or Corn Fed?

Anybody read Omnivore's Dilemma? Have you actually tried grass-fed beef? So delicious and so much better for you. Also, pretty much eliminates anyone's reason for being a vegetarian. My favorite is Prather Ranch, available at my local farmer's market.Discuss.

Anybody read Omnivore's Dilemma? Have you actually tried grass-fed beef? So delicious and so much better for you.Also, pretty much eliminates anyone's reason for being a vegetarian . My favorite is Prather Ranch, available at my local farmer's market.Discuss.
please explain the bolded section, ty.
please explain the bolded section, ty.
If you have any health or conscientious reason for being a vegetrarin (i.e., too fattening, unhealthy, hormones, conditions inhumane, etc.), grass-fed beef has none of these problems.I know many vegetarians who eat eggs and under any conditions egg producers subject chickens to conditions that are far worse than anything that would preclude someone from eating fine, humanely-raised beef.If you have other objections, to channel smash, good luck (lol).
If you have any health or conscientious reason for being a vegetrarin (i.e., too fattening, unhealthy, hormones, conditions inhumane, etc.), grass-fed beef has none of these problems.I know many vegetarians who eat eggs and under any conditions egg producers subject chickens to conditions that are far worse than anything that would preclude someone from eating fine, humanely-raised beef.If you have other objections, to channel smash, good luck (lol).
you're right, people who are "ethical " vegetarians should really be vegans.. how ever, some people just object to the very idea of killing for food... not me, but some do. and even free range beef has it's own health risks.. red meat is still red meat.. but I do understand what you are saying. If you have political objections to eating meat, their are alternatives..
you're right, people who are "ethical " vegetarians should really be vegans.. how ever, some people just object to the very idea of killing for food... not me, but some do. and even free range beef has it's own health risks.. red meat is still red meat.. but I do understand what you are saying. If you have political objections to eating meat, their are alternatives..
yep but you know yesterday I cracked and ate a strip of chicken that came with my McD's Asian salad. I really don't like killing for food and I quit eating meat at the beginning of August, but I ate one strip and threw away the rest, it was realy wierd. First time I have had meat in over half a year. I still consider myself vegitarian though.
I'm sure it's much healthier than factory farmed meat but red meat still has extremely high levels of fat and cholesterol....wherever it came from and however it was raised. I'm vegan so obviously I totally support humanely-raised beef...and any food for that matter. It's a step in the right direction. Anyways, that's my piece...don't wanna turn this discussion away from it's original intent...otherwise I'm sure y'all won't take too kindly to my kind 'round here.. :club:
yep but you know yesterday I cracked and ate a strip of chicken that came with my McD's Asian salad. I really don't like killing for food and I quit eating meat at the beginning of August, but I ate one strip and threw away the rest, it was realy wierd. First time I have had meat in over half a year. I still consider myself vegitarian though.
You've been vegetarian since August and you still can't spell it? That's something.

beef is beef. I grew up on a farm where everything was fed grain that we raised and pastured in fields with no fertilizer but what the animals produced. Only time you can tell the difference in taste is from the grade the meat gets. higher grades taste better cause it has more marbleing. Kobe beef on the other hand is the difference in this that **** is just plain good. None of our steers were ever fed hormones or growth enhancements. They were as natural as can be. When they say they are grass fed that means that there main diet is grass they are still fed grain too. They have to have certain things in there diet to survive that is how they get it. If you only raise the cow or steer on grass you will have less marbleing and a lesser piece of meat.

Best beef I have ever had was in Costa Rica. No hormones, no chemicals. When I came back to the states, I could taste all of the garbage we put into our beef for a good 6-10 months.

I had a cheeseburger in Canada and it was gross. Bottom line when the bolt meets the steers brain housing group....Jeff is the man to blame.

Way to go. If I ever lost my mind and became a vegetarian, my biggest weakness would also be fast food chicken salads.
Grass fed or corn fed...hell, it's all pink inside.
but they would taste significantly different
You're a fucking disgrace to all that is herbivore. Hang your head in shame.
You're a fucking disgrace to all that is herbivore. Hang your head in shame.
lol at least i tried I know I am but college chow hall only has cheese pizza and fries for me all year long :club:
lol at least i tried I know I am but college chow hall only has cheese pizza and fries for me all year long :club:
dont you have that once a year "premium" dinner night with the overcooked prime rib?