PokerStars Game #19864882845: Tournament #102278100, $200+$15 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (400/800) - 2008/08/24 - 14:49:24 (ET)Table '102278100 379' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 1: machagno (14110 in chips) Seat 2: rock23 (26900 in chips) Seat 3: dicky321 (9716 in chips) Seat 4: gabo05 (10499 in chips) Seat 5: chek - raise (18600 in chips) Seat 6: robinho (74068 in chips) Seat 7: baylorgolf (28273 in chips) Seat 8: Miiiiga$ (18286 in chips) Seat 9: APALLDAY28 (18381 in chips) machagno: posts the ante 50rock23: posts the ante 50dicky321: posts the ante 50gabo05: posts the ante 50chek - raise: posts the ante 50robinho: posts the ante 50baylorgolf: posts the ante 50Miiiiga$: posts the ante 50APALLDAY28: posts the ante 50Miiiiga$: posts small blind 400APALLDAY28: posts big blind 800*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to chek - raise [Ad As]machagno: folds rock23: folds dicky321: folds gabo05: folds chek - raise: raises 1350 to 2150robinho: foldsbaylorgolf: folds Miiiiga$: folds APALLDAY28: raises 16231 to 18381 and is all-inchek - raise: calls 16231*** FLOP *** [9d 5h 3c]*** TURN *** [9d 5h 3c] [6h]*** RIVER *** [9d 5h 3c 6h] [7h]*** SHOW DOWN ***chek - raise: shows [Ad As] (a pair of Aces)APALLDAY28: shows [9c 7d] (two pair, Nines and Sevens)APALLDAY28 collected 38412 from pot

Alright, so here are my thoughts on the hand. I think I can fold here...I have a very large stack already (way bigger than what I'm used to), and I think there are better spots to get my chips in where I can potentially outplay my opponents or something.

Is this a level? nobody is good enough to fold KK pf, much less AA! (barring bubble, satellite blah blah blah).Youre playing for first not to cash. At worst youre a 3:1 favorite, you arent getting someone all in as a 3:1 favorite very oten.If you ever fold in this situation, quit poker. Seriously.

Is this a level? nobody is good enough to fold KK pf, much less AA! (barring bubble, satellite blah blah blah).Youre playing for first not to cash. At worst youre a 3:1 favorite, you arent getting someone all in as a 3:1 favorite very oten.If you ever fold in this situation, quit poker. Seriously.
I hope so. I know it was frustrating to lose there, but you were able to get an opponent to put it all in with ATC versus AA perflop. His having 97 there just shows how large his range was. The fact that he sucked out - although unpleasant - does not in any way change the fact that you got it all in as a dominating favourite. I mean, if they knew that their all in would get you to lay down AA preflop, you would be abused left and right from there on.Cheers,Merby(Hoping I just got leveled)

This has to be a joke. Assuming it's not:If you are considering folding AA PF in any situation other than the bubble of a sattelite, please do the following:1) Go to mirror.2) Slap yourself while yelling "STUPID STUPID STUPID"3) Repeat #2 until you get the hint that you never fold AA or KK PF in a MTT, not even against a shove.AA is a 80-85+% favorite heads up against ATC, even KK. Which means 15-20% of the time, you're going to get outdrawn. Beats happen. There are no sure things.LEVELED EDIT: I need to get some sleep

Oh CRAP!......I just saw your post count.[x] LeveledNH SUH, I bow down to the well executed level.

What he said!

I think with that shove he's telegraphing his range to 97o so looking at pokerstove, equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 83.098% 82.94% 00.16% 102251736 196074.00 { AA }Hand 1: 16.902% 16.74% 00.16% 20642004 196074.00 { 97o }I think this is a clear fold.

You are risking your tournament by calling a shove with AA ???? You asked did you play that hand correctly, I fold this without looking back..... Sometimes you just have to say NO, I don't accept allin withoout to see teh flooop....Seriously buddy I feel for you :club: Tough way to go out.I just checked and he "APALLDAY28" didn't make the money, if that can make you feel better....

You are risking your tournament by calling a shove with AA ???? You asked did you play that hand correctly, I fold this without looking back..... Sometimes you just have to say NO, I don't accept allin withoout to see teh flooop....Seriously buddy I feel for you :club: Tough way to go out.I just checked and he "APALLDAY28" didn't make the money, if that can make you feel better....
LOLZ. Is this a re-level?You did notice the post count on the OP, right? Plus the fact that I don't post bad beats in strat.
LOLZ. Is this a re-level?You did notice the post count on the OP, right? Plus the fact that I don't post bad beats in strat.
WHAT this wasn't you ? Meh, I don't believe you..... But I still fold there FYI. I rarely ACCEPT with bullets..... :club:
  • 3 months later...
I can't believe you put all your money in with only 1 pair!
But did you notice the hand he was up against? No way he's winning that hand anyway.