the worst way to play the flopped nuts!

Is this not a great example of the worst way to play a flopped full house?This is the first time I have used the converter, so be gentle with me if I have not done it right (except you Ron, or Royal, you can give it me rough as you like)PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) convertermajorleag (t1250)UTG+1 (t1220)MP1 (t2110)MP2 (t885)MP3 (t1625)CO (t1705)Button (t1255)SB (t2110)BB (t1340)Preflop: majorleag is UTG with [As], [Jd]. majorleag calls t30, 1 fold, BB calls t30, majorleag calls t30. Flop: (t195) [Kh], [8s], [8h] (3 players)BB checks, majorleag checks, MP1 bets t2050 (All-In), BB folds, majorleag folds.Final Pot: t2245Obviously I must have not converted this quite right but the guy who pushed all in had pocket Kings!I was scratching my head trying to understand why he prefered making no money with the stone cold nuts. Unless I guess one of us had pocket 8's!

I thought the worst way to play the nuts was when you have 7 2off in the blind heads up, flop 772 and then bet out........YOU LISTENING FISCHMAN????sw

I remember having A8s, on the BB and only the SB had called. Flop comes A88. I get smart here. I check and the turn was something irrelevant, say, a 4, I either checked or bet small, river comes a 9, I bet, face a big raise, and call. Dude flips over pocket 9s for 9s full of As to beat my 8s full of As!I grabbed a screenshot and have printed it out onto 9 A4 pieces of paper, I plan on getting a frame to hang it up on my wall.What did I reply for?

I remember having A8s, on the BB and only the SB had called. Flop comes A88. I get smart here. I check and the turn was something irrelevant, say, a 4, I either checked or bet small, river comes a 9, I bet, face a big raise, and call. Dude flips over pocket 9s for 9s full of As to beat my 8s full of As!I grabbed a screenshot and have printed it out onto 9 A4 pieces of paper, I plan on getting a frame to hang it up on my wall.What did I reply for?
speaking of hand recognition...im pretty sure he had 9's full of 8's
The nuts are quad 8's actually.
I did put in my original post that if someone is holding 2 8's they have the nuts.I think my point was pretty clear but whatever.
LOL, that was the first thing that came to mind when I read the flop. Its funny how others criticize play, yet can't recognize the simple nuts.
My original post does point out that he has the nuts on the flop unless one of us is holding 8's.But let's face it while possible it is not too likely that we are holding 8's. He got no money where as if he let's me in cheap and I hit an Ace on the turn I pay him some more.
LOL, that was the first thing that came to mind when I read the flop. Its funny how others criticize play, yet can't recognize the simple nuts.
My original post does point out that he has the nuts on the flop unless one of us is holding 8's.But let's face it while possible it is not too likely that we are holding 8's. He got no money where as if he let's me in cheap and I hit an Ace on the turn I pay him some more.
yes but even pocket 8's arent the stone cold nuts.runner runner Qh and 10h when someone holds Ah J h. or along those lines
yes but even pocket 8's arent the stone cold nuts.runner runner Qh and 10h when someone holds Ah J h. or along those lines
Of course anything can happen on the turn and river. I guess I should have maybe been a little clearer. I am only referring to what was on the board on the flop.Unless someone is holding pocket 8's which I did point out in my original post but at the tail end of the post, and I know that most of you can only tolerate reading every other word I write if that, he has on the flop the Stone Cold Nuts.He could get out drawn on the turn and or river but to go all in when you are most likely to have and retain the best hand, does not make sense to me.I had been playing pretty tight and you have to assume that I have at least an Ace. If you check or make a baby bet you give me a chance to catch up on the turn and make some money from me.If I catch an Ace on the turn, unless he vastly overbets the pot on the turn, I will assume for the time being that my Aces and 8's are good and that he had a King and I caught up, and he will get paid off.He prematurely blew his wad, IMHO!
I thought the worst way to play the nuts was when you have 7 2off in the blind heads up, flop 772 and then bet out........YOU LISTENING FISCHMAN????sw
Om my gosh was that bad. The only justification in his head must have been that he thought getting less aggressive would key off the other players that something was up. But who doesn't let their opponent try to catch a card here. Its obvious your opponent completely missed the flop. :(Ray
freaking retarted semantics KK plays exactly the nuts and since u will nvr fold here is effectivly " the nuts" im sure great players have called top fulls the nuts before does that mean there not great players

Yeah, kinda retarded semantics but I think in this case "Nut-tracking" for my lack of a better term is probably at play. This is something I found I started doing a lot more of out of necessity since trying to learn omaha.Could also just be nitpicking but who am I to judge... :twisted:

Don't be too hard on the guy for pushing all in, maybe he just got a little over excited.   Besides, it could have saved you some money
No believe me I am glad he did what he did as it saved me some dough. I did ask him why and he claims that he had been playing another tourney and was distracted.While I certainly can buy that arguement as I have made stupid mistakes for the same reason myself, I can tell you with 100% certainty that:If I am in more than one tourney and one of them I have pocket kings, in that's the one that I will be paying the most attention to at the moment.Unless of course I have pocket Aces in the other! lolSeriously though I would imagine that kings, and then flopping the near nuts should kinda get your attention where you go, okay this is the one to pay attention to right now.