what would you do???? (ethics)

Situation: Down to the final 2 in a NL 30 person sng. You have 6kish vs your opponents 39kish. Blinds are 600/1200. You need some chips and luck quick.Your opponent has the button and runs outta time, which sits him out. His hand is dead and you get folded the blinds. Now with your opponent gone, you can click raise and call as fast as you can and his blind will get folded to you. Each hand could probably take less then 5 seconds this way, and your stack would grow 1800 every two hands, atleast til he comes back (if he does).What would honestly you do? FYI: This happened to me earlier and I am the guy with 6k. [/u]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raise, raise, raise...only because they would do it to you to.now if someone was having a heart attack and couldnt make a decision in a live game i'd probably only call the clock after 8 or 9 minutes....

Take his chips and not worry about it. It's his fault for timing out one way or another. It is the persons responsibility to keep their internet connection and to play their hands. If they are sitting out, it's fair for you to take their stack.

I would do the morally correct thing here and let him have 1st prize...fold all my hands and just let him have it, he earned it...are you serious... of course you blind him down to nothing and play for the money, isn't that whay your playing for anyway? Unless I know him personally, I am going for the money!then after its done, I'd tell him to take the 2nd prize money and buy a new computer with some better internet service.

then after its done, I'd tell him to take the 2nd prize money and buy a new computer with some better internet service.
LOL, I just about peed myself laughing at that. Pretty much a no brainer, I am going to rob his blinds as long as I can. For all you know he could have had his internet knocked out by a storm and won't even be back in time to finish, no sense prolonging it. And if he makes it back in 3-4 hands, not much harm done to his stack :club:

He came back after about a minute and a half saying something about his dog.So honestly noone would consider taking some time each hand before hitting raise?What I ended up doing was raising the second hand, when its my BB it auto folds his hand. Then on the fourth hand I decided to wait til I got the 10 second reminder then raised. Then he should up during the sixth hand. So I got 4 hands worth of blinds and nearly doubled my stack.I dont know why I didnt go so fast on raising? I probably could have gotten another 10 hands out of it.

Considering your other option of waiting for him to come back and basically giving him 1st place, I'd definitely blind him off. You have no way of knowing if hes even coming back. My time is definitely worth more to me than letting someone I dont even know waste my time and the money I'd get by winning...If he comes back in the time it takes him to restart his computer he'll still be alive and it wont really matter that much. It would only hurt him if he was gone for awhile, in which case he cant expect you to be waiting for him to come back. Thats a risk we take by playing online, I've had computer problems a few times while playing, nobody's offering me that money back lol.

Play normal.If i have a hand that requires a raise... raise, if not, complete/fold.If you have to cheat to win, then you aren't good enough, or you are playing above your bankroll.

Play normal.If i have a hand that requires a raise... raise, if not, complete/fold.If you have to cheat to win, then you aren't good enough, or you are playing above your bankroll.
Wrong. So wrong. Ask any pro, your opponent's mistake/misfortune: your reward/fortune. And what the **** does it have do with playing above your bankroll?

For me, it would depend on the stakes. If I am playing a game just to relax and while away the evening, I wouldn't blind him out.But if it were for serious cash needed to pay this months bills. Then there would be no doubts about it. I would blind him out in a heart beat. As mentioned by others, it's his responsibility to remain connected or at his PC.

:shock: Take every penny he has, he deserves it just because he sat at a table with you. If anyone here doesn't take his money, you should not call yourself a poker player.

when i am down to heads up and see the guy is taking his time, i start praying my ass off for him to be away, then when the seconds finally tick to zero, i can't hit the raise button fast enough after the next deal

I guess I'm an immoral biaatch LOL, but I would raise, and have raised in this situation....without really considering the moral implications at all ! LOL. It's just part of internet poker as far as I'm concerned.

I guess I'm an immoral biaatch LOL, but I would raise, and have raised in this situation....without really considering the moral implications at all ! LOL. It's just part of internet poker as far as I'm concerned.
Immoral women are hot...