Question About All In Situation In Tournament Poker.

First post, hello everyone. Quick question... Ive had quite a few different answers on this topic.Two situations:Blinds are 100 - 200 and player A raises to 800. Player B moves all in for 1200 total. What can everyone else last to act do? Can they only call? Can they reraise? If so, what can everyone else do after that?Situation 2:Blinds are 500 - 1000 and under the gun moves in for 1200 total. Do remaining players call the 1200? Do they have to raise?Ive been playing cards for about three years. I only make it out to Atlantic City about twice a year so most of my poker is done in home games and free tourneys in bars. As I said before, everyone/everywhere has a different answer.

situation1: players behind can still raise, because player B effectively just calls the original bet.situation2: Players can just call the all in, or they can also reraise. There is no obligation to reraise.Welcome to the forum.

I just realized that I made a mistake in the original post. In situation one the blinds are 100 200 and player A raises to 800 and player B moves all in for 1200. Basically not completing a raise.
still the same if you havent acted yet you can raise. if someon called and it folded back to the original raiser he could just call
still the same if you havent acted yet you can raise. if someon called and it folded back to the original raiser he could just call
ahhh, that makes sense. So player A bets 800 and B moves all in for 1200. Player C calls and its folded back to player A who can now ONLY call? That I understand.
ahhh, that makes sense. So player A bets 800 and B moves all in for 1200. Player C calls and its folded back to player A who can now ONLY call? That I understand.
"In no-limit and pot limit, less than a full raise does not reopen the betting to a player who already has acted" is the rule.
"In no-limit and pot limit, less than a full raise does not reopen the betting to a player who already has acted" is the rule.
I thought the rule was the mini raise had to be half the original raise to re-open the action to players that have already acted?In any case, the rule doesn't apply to the OP's cases, because the betting was still open from the original raise to the players remaining to act. The original raiser in the second case wouldn't be able to re-raise if other people called the second (mini) raise. Whether or not he could in the first case depends on what the rule states exactly, as his raise here was equal to half the original raise.
I thought the rule was the mini raise had to be half the original raise to re-open the action to players that have already acted?
The 50% rule states, "If a player puts in a raise of 50 percent or more of the previous bet, he will be required to make a full raise. The raise will be exactly the minimum raise allowed."For example, if the UTG player bets $1000 on the flop, and the next player places between $1500 and $2000 in front of their cards (whether they say "raise" or not), they would be required to round up the bet to a minimum raise which, in this case, would be to $2000. But they would not be able to raise to more than $2000 in this case because they had already placed a bet of between $1500 and $2000 in front of them.It's good to get into a habit of either stating the raise amount before the chips are moved in or say "raise," place the call amount in front of your cards, then make one more forward motion with the raise amount. "In NL or PL, when raising, a player must either put the amount of the raise out in one motion or state the raise amount. By stating the word raise, a player protects his right to raise, but the raise must be made in one additional motion unless he states the amount."Also, "In limit games, an oversized chip will be constituted to be a call if the player does not announce a raise. In no-limit, an oversized chip before the flop is a call; after the flop, an oversized chip by the initial bettor put in the pot will constitute the size of the bet. In pot-limit and no-limit, if a player states raise and throws in an oversized chip, the raise will be the maximum amount allowable up to the size of that chip." If you're going to raise with just an oversize chip ($1000 chip raise to a $200 bet), you'll need to say "raise" before the chip hits the felt; otherwise the oversize chip is just a call.Below are a couple of good resources, but the real way to learn is to play live games or tournaments :http://www.pokertda.com/rules4.pdfhttp://cardplayer.com/rules_of_poker/general_rules