Line Check - Venetian Live Tournament

$150 noon tournament at Venetian. Very first hand dealt, villain is sunglass wearing/headphone wearing if we want to read into that.Stack sizes are all 7500, blinds are 25-50 /w 30 minute levels.Hero is on the button, has 44.Preflop:Couple of limps, so hero limps behind. Villain from the SB raises to 200. One MP caller. Hero calls. I think the pot was 750.Flop: KJ4 rainbowVillain bets 600. MP folds.Hero raises to 1600 (this ok?)Villain calls.Pot: 3950Turn: KVillain checksHero bets 2000 (in retrospect, this seems too small?)Villain callsRivier: K (ugh)Villain checksHero checksJust want a line check, especially on the turn.

its fine, maybe bet bigger on turn, but not too bad

That river card was very nasty. It's so early in the tournament and the way the hand unfolded I think you need to look at this in a positive manner, you just earned a very tight image and might be able to open up and bluff a little more often playing hands very similar to this. Your caution was warranted and you are lucky you weren't put to a test on the river. At the final table with a lot of information this is a different conversation, but at this point with everything considered you played fine and just ran into a tough situation. Even if he puts a smallish value bet there on the river you would have still made the crying call hoping he didn't have the case King or another pocket pair. Nice Play for a nice and long tournament.

$150 noon tournament at Venetian. Very first hand dealt, villain is sunglass wearing/headphone wearing if we want to read into that.Stack sizes are all 7500, blinds are 25-50 /w 30 minute levels.Hero is on the button, has 44.Preflop:Couple of limps, so hero limps behind. Villain from the SB raises to 200. One MP caller. Hero calls. I think the pot was 750.Flop: KJ4 rainbowVillain bets 600. MP folds.Hero raises to 1600 (this ok?)Villain calls.Pot: 3950Turn: KVillain checksHero bets 2000 (in retrospect, this seems too small?)Villain callsRivier: K (ugh)Villain checksHero checksJust want a line check, especially on the turn.
That river card was very nasty. It's so early in the tournament and the way the hand unfolded I think you need to look at this in a positive manner, you just earned a very tight image and might be able to open up and bluff a little more often playing hands very similar to this. Your caution was warranted and you are lucky you weren't put to a test on the river. At the final table with a lot of information this is a different conversation, but at this point with everything considered you played fine and just ran into a tough situation. Even if he puts a smallish value bet there on the river you would have still made the crying call hoping he didn't have the case King or another pocket pair. Nice Play for a nice and long tournament.
In theory maybe, but in actuality, he flipped AA, so I was basically crippled from the start of this tournament. I did manage to hang around and double through the same guy later, but basically being down 3800 chips in the first hand doesn't really give me any room to make plays "like this" later.