tournament question: how would you have played this

i was playing in the 30 dollar r/a on paradise, guaranteed 50,000. with about 30 players left i was consistently sitting among the top 7 with chips. before i get started i have to say that i had not seen any cards all tourney. aces 1x that got me the blinds and antes, ak 1x, aq 2x. otherwise i had won a big pot with 4's when i spiked a 4. then stealing blinds with 10/6 got called by a big stack with k4s and won, as well as called an all in with a6s to win that hand. each of those times i was getting short stacked and needed to make a move, the 10/6 was suspect but i did not realize that player was so loose, he actually double me up 2 times.moving on, tourney is down to 16 players, 16th pays out 490 and 11-15 pays out 610, and of course final table starts at 800 and moves up pretty quickly to 16000 for first.my stack had been taken down by me con't to be cold decked at the end and people raising all in to steal blinds, and i was unable to call since i had nothing or i was unable to beat anyone in the pot. i literally mean people moved in before me everyhand to steal the blinds, i had been stealing fairly decently before it got down to 30 players.blinds are sitting at 15/30000, don't recall antes probably 1.5k, well i am sitting in sb with a7o with about 70000 chips left. i am ranked 14/16 players now. guy in 3rd from utg moves in for just over double the blind, i put him on a definite steal, and if i am right it will be race but i have better hand. i think my biggest mistake was not realizing that my all in was not too much for the bb to call since it was only a raise of about 60,000 and he was sitting on over 300000. with any hand he was getting decent odds. well he called, ended up betting first player out of hand on the flop when an ace hit and he showed aj, well i lost, no 2 pair that time. came in 16th made about 410 total, but my question is this, should i have folded and waited? there were 2 guys with shorter stacks the only problem was that the blinds would not put them all in on the next go around and do nothing but cripple me to hoping i atleast made it to 11-15th if they did happen to lose their stack, and i would have no real chance of making any real money. i felt at the time that if i move in and win, i have over 200000 and a real shot at the final table, even if i was cold decked for another 20 hands.sorry it was so long, but i really think this is not a cut and dry issue, but obviously coming that close i have some regrets about my play even though i was right about the first player that was betting.thanks for any advice, i will check back and fill in any gaps as needed.stephen

A7 is a tough hand because half the time you are gonna be dominated and the other half you will be dominating when facing a small Ace. Even if you put the other player on a steal you have to be aware of the Big Stack in the Big Blind who would probably call with any two cards and check it down trying to eliminate the small (all-in) stack. I would wait, basically at this point you are so understacked that you really need to give yourself a better spot. Its not terrible but you should have saw that you would be playing against 2 hands, not just one and in the next orbit another player could get bounced while your waiting. Bottom line the hand you play will be a multi pot more then likely as any big stack will call and check it down.I am curious to see other posts as well.....

Guest XXEddie

lets think......your down to just over 2xBB you find an ace.....regardless if its A2 off or AA, any ace when your down to 2xBB should make you go allin, no brainer...next

lets think......your down to just over 2xBB you find an ace.....regardless if its A2 off or AA, any ace when your down to 2xBB should make you go allin, no brainer...next
thanks for the response, but i actually think there is more to it in this situation. i think i was along the same thought process and yourself and it might ahve cost me about one grand. on the other hand, if i win the hand i think it is a great move and don't post right.i think you need to take into consideration that i was the sb, meaning i had to post antes for the next 6 hands but that is all, and i still had 2 people with smaller stacks as well as the outside chance of someone trying to steal a blind and bust. maybe the real question comes down to this, is moving all in the only move i have right then and there if my goal is to make the final table. or should i have just decided to pick a better spot to get my chips in if it happened later while hoping to atlest make the top 15. remember only 1 more spot and i get another 140.no real knock on your response i just was looking for more of an indepth response, not sure it is that cut and dry and the fact i had and ace and only 2x bb. on the other hand maybe i did make the right move and just got unlucky that the bb woke up with an ajo and it did not cost him that much to call.thanks for the response keep it ocming.

"lets think......your down to just over 2xBB you find an ace.....regardless if its A2 off or AA, any ace when your down to 2xBB should make you go allin, no brainer...next"Your gonna be in a multi way pot regardless...you can have your small/medium Ace, I would rather a hand that plays better multi way while having the opportunity to let someone else bust. Your in a terrible spot, so your advice is to use one of the cards you get dealt instead of both. next.....