dropping 40 bb in about 10 minutes on stars

How often does THAT happen? Just wondering, as I'm totally on tilt now. Donkey was just redefined more than 3 times in the last few minutes, in my books anyway.Playing strong hands and losing consistantly to total clowns who have no idea what the **** is going on.I pick up KK, the pot gets capped preflop. Board comes 8 high, I think I'm laughing. Caps the flop, turn comes queen, this time I decide to only raise once. River comes a 4 or something, someone bets, I call. Donkey flips over 24 for two pair. Thought party was supposed to be loose until I played there and found out it's NOT. Then I go back to stars and it's ten times worse./rant

it wasnt an insult, it was fact.An insult would be to say after the first bad beat you copped you played like shit and probably leaked twice as many BB as i would have because your an emotional roller coaster.

i lost my whole bankroll on pokerstars in 2 days playing omaha h/l so i know the feeling, kept getting outdrawn..not sure what to tell you but dont go up in limits to "make it up" or they will screw you even more.

im happy for you that your winning. Believe it or not, what defines how good a poker player you are actually happens to a greater extent when your in a downswing.When things are going well, its very easy to play at least close to the best of your ability- your feeling good and things are going your way.It is when you cop a few bad beats that unnecessary downwards variance occurs, you give away bets after bets becasue you are pissed off. This is the most important thing to remember, if you can play solid poker when you are having a statistical downswing you are 3/4 of the way to being a solid player. Your biggest challenge isnt to try and win during your current swing, its jsut not to lose anymore than you should playing at your best. peace out.

im happy for you that your winning. Believe it or not, what defines how good a poker player you are actually happens to a greater extent when your in a downswing.When things are going well, its very easy to play at least close to the best of your ability- your feeling good and things are going your way.It is when you cop a few bad beats that unnecessary downwards variance occurs, you give away bets after bets becasue you are censored off.  This is the most important thing to remember, if you can play solid poker when you are having a statistical downswing you are 3/4 of the way to being a solid player.  Your biggest challenge isnt to try and win during your current swing, its jsut not to lose anymore than you should playing at your best. peace out.
im coming out of not posting to post thiswell done koutaim sure a lot realise this already but for people who don't its really really crucial to turning up a winner- NH

thanks patricnz. I use to be as bad a tilter as there was. I won and lost $1k overnight on my first night of online poker and $1k was a fair whack to me. I also use to tilt like crazy in live games.People should embrace downswings rather than fight them. Take them as a challenge to bring out your best poker. It does not matter how good you are, you are gonig to go through a downswing. The extent of the downswing does depend on you however. Just remember you are not a solid player until you have kept your head high through a horrror run of cards and have not lost anymore than you should have had the same hand occurred in the middle of a +50bb session. Then, you are a poker player.

Thanks for the advice. I usually just don't take it too well when people call me a bad player. I know for a fact that I'm not, and most people who know me would agree.However, your advice is great, and I totally agree. It's something that I have to work on, and right now I'm doing a great job. Just won back all of the money I lost playing LHE, in 4 tables of NLHE.It's a great feeling, and I'm totally back in the game again.

OP, 40 BB isn't much of a loss. Just relax and watch a good movie to get you distracted. once again, 40 BB isnt much. there's no need to go on tilt over itteneight
lolol not really wanting to be childish but what the helldo you want me to go bump your thread again?your im down 2 buyins at my NL level rantin a few months everyone will realise how wierdly imature you act while posting on hereyou may not be like this every day in life and you are just goofing off on a forum but you do a great job of coming off as probably one of the annoying and pointless posters on this forumthe funny thing is you have too much of an ego to realise when you act like an idiot and choose to ignore the fact you come off as a clown as you go quote someone elses opinion or flame some "newbie" deservant of you're almighty rath!this is my last post and it is quite spiteful indeed but i feel it needs to be adressed to everybody how much of a complete dick and an annoyance this guy isHe's 20 for christs sakemaybe i care too much of getting the last owrd in on him but its the truthhes not a bad person adn evil hes just a complete idiot who turns mean when hes threatend nice to write that oh and bye fcpgl and all that shit, most people say when they leave a forum of people they dont even know

that jsut shows how quickly things change. As i said, i was an absolutely horrible tilter when i as less experiences, and i start to wodner how much money i could have saved not even if i didnt tilt but i i tilted in at least a semi controlled manner (no, thats not a contradiction, you can tilt and still be somewhat in control, its jsut the different extent of tilt). The point is hang in there when it gets tough and the quicker it will turn around. I have no doubt your a good player, the point i made was (and a little too harshly too, i may add) is that its not much good being a good player if you throw away all your good play with tilt caused donkey moves. For example, i have a mate who plays and i have basically shown him the ropes. He doesnt have anywhere near the talent or feel for the game that i do but he is naturally a more emotionally even person, very patient and doesnt really tilt,probably because he doesnt understand bad beats the same way us guys do. But he is an average player that plays very consistently, and our returns were probably similar until i coped with tilt better, even though i considered myselfa much better player, when, in reality i was not because there is much more to being a good player than having talent.Now, i can say im a much better player. peace out and dont take my comments to much to heart

patricz is still on tilt after he came off as a fool. nice to have to you back.good luck
err, id suggest you get that feeling everytime you read a response to one of your posts. Im going to very politely suggest you actually learn from your mistakes and maybe stop posting so frequently jsut to get your count up. If we had a relevance or contribtion count you are still in newbie territory. For everyones sake, we are happy or you to post jsut do it when you actually have something to contribute other than insults.
youre only down $12?? im sure you will make it through this one, ive lost 50 bb in 30 min, anything is possible in poker
Where did I say I'm down $12? I WAS down 40@0.5/1 LHE, so $40 in about ten, maybe twenty minutes. Might not seem like alot to some people, but when you take $50 and turn it into $300 or $400 in a couple of days of hard playing, it tends to matter.I did get back about $35 playing $0.1/$0.25 NLHE, though, so I'm not feeling so bad now.
patricz is still on tilt after he came off as a fool. nice to have to you back.good luck
err, id suggest you get that feeling everytime you read a response to one of your posts. Im going to very politely suggest you actually learn from your mistakes and maybe stop posting so frequently jsut to get your count up. If we had a relevance or contribtion count you are still in newbie territory. For everyones sake, we are happy or you to post jsut do it when you actually have something to contribute other than insults.
OWNED!!!!!!

P.S. Waldo, I'm not sure how good you are at math, but 40 BB in 10/20 minutes is a bigger downswing than 50 BB in 30 minutes.Good effort, though.

Well, just finished up my session for tonight. On the day I'm up $35, but this session I'm down about $5.Slowly working my way up, not cashing out anything else for a while. I would probably have the bankroll to play 1/2 NL now if I didn't cash out so often and waste my earnings on beer and food all the time.Oh well, times are tough.

Teneight and Patricnz please knock it off. Not to be mean, but there have been a few occassions when each of you have shown your youth. There have been more occassions when you've added fun. You have both been members too long to continue with ths silliness. Wouldn't your time be better spent crucifying the true villian here? Kowboy Koop is running wild. We all need to band together to fight this common foe. Your poker forum is depending on you !

Thought party was supposed to be loose until I played there and found out it's NOT.
Stopped reading your first post after this. Stupidest statement I've ever seen. Party is looser than pam anderson's vagina. (think about that for a second...)-fop
Thought party was supposed to be loose until I played there and found out it's NOT.
Stopped reading your first post after this. Stupidest statement I've ever seen. Party is looser than pam anderson's vagina. (think about that for a second...)-fop
with most of us being males 18-25 id suggest most of us have thought about that at some stage for longer than a second. maybe two or three until we need to reach for tissues.That, and party isn't as loose as it was say a week or two ago.