Is It Possible An American Will Never Win The Main Event Again?

I think it is possible given the current restriction of online poker in the US. Also the wsop Main Event has become a young man's game with the grueling many days format. I think the last 7 champions have been under 30, and several of those under 24. This is relevant because there will be fewer and fewer American young people getting into the game because of the internet poker restrictions Also those Americans who first got into poker through the internet (before the ban) won't be able to hone their skills as much as players in other countries can.

It's a shame but I see poker, someone once called the quintessential American game, becoming more of a European and Canadian game with each passing year.

No, because I'm going to win it.

Aren't there enough Phils who think they're going to win that thing?
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Look up the word "possible".

Also you might study the increased monetary exchange rate that made it much more expensive for Europeans to travel to the US. Somebody on another site said the exchange rate has gone up like 30% in the past few years and that they definitely believe there's less Scandinavians than ever at this years WSOP.

look up the word "moron"

Hey self-admitted troll, stay out of my threads. But I know you won't do that because trolls and especially self-admitted trolls main goal is to create havoc.

This thread was moronic a year ago, and it only took a year to debunk your doom and gloom proclamation about the state of the game in america. The only way it was "possible" for an american never to win another WSOP, was if the earth was struck by a god damn meteor. Too many americans enter, every single year, for americans to be shut out... FOR ALL TIME. It's statistically impossible, and your xenophobia and sky-is-falling fear mongering is not worth being taken seriously. My main goal isn't to "wreck havoc" in every thread. I participate seriously in many threads, that merit serious discussion. Yours don't, because you're a hack and a clown, and when you make ridiculous threads that you expect to be taken seriously, I will shit on them 100% of the time. Also. hand wringing about the decline of the "quintessential" american game is a little out of place in a forum owned by a Canadian, moderated by Canadians, and populated mostly by Canadians at this point. The universe doesn't revolve around vegas, you unmitigated ass hole.

• Like 2

script idea: it's 2029 and america hasn't had a main event champ since 2015, but JACK HARDCASTLE is just the man to end that drought. only problem is, the deck is stacked against him and when his ex-wife turns out to be a russian spy, well all hell just might break loose. featuring what's left of daniel negreanu's hair as the canadian ally.

• Like 3

i'm sorry but i don't remember asking you a god damn thing.

Maybe that's because you've been drinking, smoking pot and online shopping for nonsense like female-cut SEC jerseys since the minute you woke up. You can barely remember your Amazon password, let alone whose input you solicited.

• Like 1