PokerStars 6 man tourney's...

I have recently started playing in the 12+1 6 man tourney's on Stars. I figured since the cost was 13$ that the competition would be harder compared to the $5.50 tourney's. Boy was I wrong! Yesterday, I was UTG with A :D K :) and raised it up 6 times the BB. I know that is an unusually large raise, but thise table was very loose and being UTG, I did not want to have the chain reaction effect, where I make it 60 to go and the remaining 4 players call. I figured at 120 (blinds were at 10/20) i would still get 2 callers. So the flop comes down J83 all rags. I had one caller, which was the BB (a very very loose player). I made a very questionable play and went all in. Why all in? I figured the guy called my raise with Ax and was pretty sure he had missed his flop. He was the type of player though, that would call up to 500 on any gutshot or back door draw. The pot was nice already and it was still early, I just wanted to take it down right there. Not to mention, if by chance he hit is J I still had 2 overs which gave me a small chance (about 4 to 1) on improving to the best hand. Well, sure enough, this maniac called, and before the cards were shown (as is standard on stars) I was immediately thinking... :bubbleoops: When he turned over his cards I was stunned, I mean literally stunned! He showed me Q :) T :) ...a gutshot. I almost fell out of my seat! I was not only ahead in the hand, but way ahead. After I knocked him out, I went on to win the tourney and found that of the remaining 2 guys, one was also very loose and the other tight/weak. So out of the 6 of us, 4 we're loose maniacs! Has anyone else played in these tourney's, and if so, have you had similar experiences?

First of all, your moving all in play was not smart but dumb. Here is why, you said you were way ahead, not really, in fact your were little more than 60% to win the pot at that point when all the chips went in, and there werent all that many chips in the pot, only 250. That is only 20% of your starting stack in the pot, therefore the pot isnt big enough to warrant taking that big of a gamble. Personally when playing against a table full of weaker players I am gonna look for a better spot to get all my chips in (especially with blinds 10/20 and starting with 1500 chips) than a 60/40 spot. When you are better than your opponents avoid marginal situations as you should be able to outplay your opponenents after the flop and get them to play into hands where you have a much much larger advantage.

Going all-in here was definitely a noobish play, as it screams "please don't call my Ace high!" With a rag flop, you'd have no reason to shut out any (non-existent) draws, and thus if you had anything that fit (AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AJ, KJ even) you'd check or give a fishy bet to gather a little more for your hand.But, that being said, the $12 Sit N Go's are full of mouth-breathers, who completely lack common sense and yet suck-out over and over.

Yes I did state, that is was a questionable play at best. I was just trying to see if others had the same "loose" experience with these tourney's. To the guy who ask how many places pay, this is the only down fall as only top 2 get paid in a 6 man tourney. L* :D

I was playing in the $35+3 three handed sit 'n gos on stars for a while and I've shown a very immense profit in them, much more than any $30 10 man table SnG's I've played. I recall one in particular where there was a player that would call anything to see the river but only raise on 2 pair or better, I swear this was actually what they did, and they knocked everyone else out while I was still sitting at 1800 chips!!! I was still playing other tables as the blinds were still 15/30 and I usually dont start to knuckle down and pay attention until at least 75/150. At one point I actually thought this person was a computer, would not call an all in, but if you bet around the pot it would call you down, and only raise with a MONSTER, when I clikced over and saw the huge disadvantage I was at I had figured I'd get 2nd place but after playinf for one level I was dead even in chips, but I caught a cold run which would have finished me against a good player but at no point in this match did I ever feel like I had a chance to lose. took me until the 150/300 level to break him (he was running hot, real hot) but it was the most unbelieveably bad play I've ever seen. Im sure I could have gotten more of a challenge heads up in a play money tournament :-/ I wonder what it is about these SnG's?