I'm making an official Tarheel thread :club: After a little cupcake city to start off the first few games were up to 6-1 and will be in the top 5 this week after having knocked off Ohio State, the second top 25 team to lose to UNC this year. I was a little worried about the freshman class and how they would integrate with the established team, but so far they have been very impressive. I love Brandon Wright's game and Lawson has been explosive at point so far shoring up what I thought might be a weak point this year. Hopefully Roy got a message through to the freshman about hustling today with the benching they got.At this point with no real scary competition after today the Tarheels should roll into the ACC season with a 1 loss record. 11/14 Sacred Heart - W 103-8111/15 Winthrop - W 73-6611/19 Gardner Webb - W 103-5011/22 Gonzaga (#23) - L 82-7411/24 at Tennessee (#21) - W 101-8711/29 Ohio St (#1) - W 98-8912/02 Kentucky - W 75-6312/09 High Point - W 94-69 12/16 North Carolina-Asheville - W 93-6212/19 Florida Atlantic - W 105-5212/22 at Saint Louis - W 69-4812/28 Rutgers - W 87-4812/31 Dayton - W 81-5101/3 Pennsylvania - W 102-6401/7 Florida State - W 84-5801/10 Virginia - W 79-69 01/13 at Virginia Tech - L 94-8801/17 at No. 16 Clemson - W 77-5501/20 Georgia Tech - W 77-61 01/24 at Wake Forest - W 88-6001/27 at Arizona - W 92-6401/31 Miami 02/03 at NC State 02/07 at Duke 02/10 W Forest 02/13 Va Tech 02/17 at BC 02/21 NC State 02/25 at Maryland03/01 at Ga Tech03/04 DukeCurrent Record - 19-2 (5-1) 2nd in ACC (1/2 game back of VT)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm a MD fan, I kinda like Carolina this year cuz of Tywon Lawson. When I was a senior in hs, Tywon was in 8th grade and he was soooo tiny. Barely five feet and skinny as a twig. However, his three point shot was better than anyone on our JV. In practice it would be amazing seeing this really tiny kid basically chuck the ball up and swish twenty straight threes in a row. We had a nationally ranked varsity team and our JV was pretty good, and Tywon was maybe the best player, and the only 8th grader, on the JV. He has grown a lot and filled out since then, still quick as hell, and reminds me a lot of Chris Paul. He actually has lost a bit of the accuracy on his jump shot apparently with the added weight, but I know with some hard work he can be one of the best shooters in the country, as well as first team all ACC before he jumps to the NBA next year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Game tonight at 8 on ESPN versus Georgia Tech.
Dominating victory over a good squad who was headhunting a bit... Think they were still a little pissed at letting Tyler drop 40 on them last year as a freshman.1900th win for the program... nice :club:
Dominating victory over a good squad who was headhunting a bit... Think they were still a little pissed at letting Tyler drop 40 on them last year as a freshman.1900th win for the program... nice :club:
Def a good win. UNC dominated from the opening tip and pretty much did whatever they want.
A big win today over Arizona, 92-64. And that was without Wright and Ginyard. The Heels are looking unstoppable.
I wanted to watch it but was busy at the time, thats a much bigger win that I was hoping for.
My final four right now would be Florida, UNC, UCLA and Wisconsin, but of those teams I think the Badgers are the weakest link and most likely to get beaten on the way there.
I honestly think Wisconsin is better than a lot of people are giving them credit for. The Big 10 is down this year, but they are steamrolling the Big 10 for the most part so far. They have a good point guard to handle the ball in Kammron Taylor, an All-American scorer in Alando Tucker, and an improved and very underrated big man in Brian Butch. Also, Bo Ryan's clubs are always very tough on defense, and can make teams grind out a win. They have experience, but all of these teams do (except UNC). It's definitely wide open again and I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4 or 5 seed win this year.

Tough loss for Wisconsin at Indiana today, but it's very hard to run the table in any conference, let alone the Big 10. UNC has been looking dominant lately, they seem like the unanimous #1 right now. We'll see once they start playing Duke I guess.

Tough loss for Wisconsin at Indiana today, but it's very hard to run the table in any conference, let alone the Big 10. UNC has been looking dominant lately, they seem like the unanimous #1 right now. We'll see once they start playing Duke I guess.
I don't think Duke is the absolute second best team in the ACC this year, there talent level is down from where it normally is and they make a lot of mistakes. I expect a 15+ point win vs Duke.
Jadaki, I swear you're my long lost twin. First Dallas, now UNC, what's next? You a Bulls fan too?
I don't really have a NBA team, I follow individual players and root for young teams that haven't done anything yet (like the bobcats).I'm also a huge Michigan fan, but there basketball program has been down for years.

Little bump in the road today with NC State. I would not want to be in the next Tarheel practice after that horrible defensive effort. On the bright side even as bad as they played (NC State only missed 4 shots in the second half) the game was winnable at the end. I'll take the cup 1/2 full approach and laugh when Duke feels Roy's wrath this week.

I think UNC is the 2nd best team in the nation behind UCLA. For whatever reason I can't put Florida at 1 or 2, something about them bugs me. It's hard for me not to put A&M in the top 4 with the way they have been playing as of late, but I'll round out the top 4 with Wisconsin (even though they lost to my Hoosiers!). My preseason pick was Kansas, I'll stick with that saying that they easily have the talent to be a top team, it's just a matter of how they perform on any given day/night.

I watched the Florida Kansas game, and it seemed like they needed to get every possible break in the last 10 minutes to beat them. Literally everything went Kansas's way and they still nearly lost, I think Florida is the better team. In a seven game series I think Florida beats them 4-2.Can't wait for tonight.