October Goals

I hope all of your Septembers went well.

Goals:Deposit 750 on Absolute by Sept 10.at least 4 table 25nl 6maxStart going to the gym again. It's been a couple months since I've regularly worked out.20k handsMake 25nl my bitch and be able to play 50nl by October 1st.
1. Yes, well, deposited on the 11th.2. I 3-4 table depending on games/mood. My HUD is only displaying stats for the two players to my left so I need to have reads.3. I worked out a couple times, not as much as I wanted to. I couldn't afford a gym membership for September.4. I played 12k hands and I'm happy with that because I started the month late.5. Can't play 50nl for a bit. I could start taking shots but I'll wait til I have 20bi for it.septembergraphfinal.jpg(The bottom is session start time. I'm trying to tweak the graph for hands)I made $230 this month counting rakeback and bonuses. I'm happy with that result because I started the month late/ran a few bi below expectation/spewed a couple bi. I've made some adjustments to my game and I feel like I've grown a lot as a player over those 12k hands.October goals:1. Make Platinum VIP level2. Make more than $500.3. Be playing 50nl fulltime by the end of the month.4. 20k hands5. Get a gym membership.6. Keep trying to plug those leaks.Good luck all!
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played like 31K hands.augustqs7.jpgAlmost all of the hands are exclusively before Aug 20th.Had a great month as you can see. It faded at the end, but still very happy with it.I also moved to 50nl full time, but didn't get many hands in there, only a little more then 10K.Wasn't able to retain Gold and only made Silver since I barely played after the 20th. Kinda disappointed in that but, oh well. Life.September Goals:Try to play as much as possible while keeping my grades up and doing all of my school work. if I can get in 25K hands I will be so thrilled. Realistically, maybe 15k-18k is the goal, which is sad with how much I was grinding over the summer.Win monies.Work on getting a new desktop to make the grind easier.Have fun and enjoy my senior year.
Got more then my highest goal.Won money.Money for desktop is on its way.Having a ton of fun.Cashed out back to my original $500 starting stake and am moving back down to 25NL for now. I will be moving up quicker to 50NL this time, as I have proven I can beat it. Then hopefully get to 100NL quickly as well.I want to be back to 50NL by the end of October. Hopefully I can do that.septemberbq2.jpg

September Results:

Good riddance September you can kiss my ass. Started out @100nl by dusting off NINE buyins in my first 1200 hands.....had to grind my nuts off the rest of the month just to eek out a profit. Made about $700 all total including rakeback and dabbling in some pot limit omaha. Here's the overall hu graph for sept.overallhp1.jpgand since day1 of hu training with tremomey - i'll take >8ptbb/100 over 30k hands any day when you factor in losing $900 in 3 days...lolsd1ky1.jpg
October Goals:Getting married on the 4th, honeymoon in Vegas til the 10th, so there won't be much time for the pokers til we get back. Hoping to get in 10-15k hands, move up to $100nl full time, win monies. If ALL of those five things go well, I'll be a happy man :club:

After taking the summer off and just getting back to playing in mid September my October goals are limited to setting a schedule for micro MTTs and playing atleast 30 tourneys a week <5.50 BI,I also plan on taking a more serious approach to studying the game involving reading more books, looking through archives here and at 2+2 and getting back in contact with a few IRL poker buddies to discuss hands.Mid term-ish goal and hopefully build enough to fund a long trip I have planned for next summer after I graduate :club: .

Sept goals.1. 10K+ hands around 16K2. 30-50 MTTS again around 40 mtts and about 30 sngs3. BR $125 into $200+ Failed BR at $95 on LFT after chasing silver star yesterday for a -$85 swing.4. maintain silver star ISAP missed by 82 points5. play 5 of the 210FPP satts where 6 of 20 make the $11T to play mtts with. played 8 and won 6 so ran good in those oct.for now:1. take a few days off here at beginning of month getting over a cold and wanna just get better and play at good health.2. get a mountain bike and start doing some biking with the wife at night. 3. 10K+ hands4. 50+ mtts/sngs5. grind $5 NLHE6. PROFIT ANYTHINGadded 7. read Ace on the river.

September Goals: Make $50 before rakeback. Br to $250 totalAt least 30mpw running for marathon training. No drinking while playing
Made $169 before rakebackBr to $342Running is on track with my scheduleDrank but didnt playOctober Goals: 100 before rakebackBr to 475Stay on running schedule, miss no long runsDrink but no poker while drinking

Goals for September: Again, I'm not making any real goals this month as far as poker goes. Just gonna try to keep putting in as many hands as possible and enjoying what I'm doing.Recruit a few new students once the baby comes. Continue to exercise daily and last but not least enjoy the new responsibilities of fatherhood!September Results:Had the baby on the 3rd so missed a lot of days and didn't get to play a lot of hands. I got a few new students (still looking for new ones if anyone is interested). I've exercised a lot this month and in total I've lost 20 lbs in past 2 months or so.. and last but not least I'm really enjoying fatherhood.septfinalgraphiv7.th.jpgseptresultsxu0.th.jpgOctober Goals:Continue to have fun but I'm going to make actual goals this month. I want to play 30k hands and win 15k.

September didn't go so well, looking forward to October as I transitioned to HUNL full time.-15k hands at 50HU, move up to 100 when I have 40 BI-teach g/f to crush 6 max-work out more

Ok September Goals:Play (200) $13 6 Max SNGs Move up levels with (50) buyinsProfitReview Hands in PT, just get betterAdd a 4th TableOkay so September Recap:I didn't start playing until about the 8th, but got in 257 SNGs. I played very well and had my ROI up to 13% at one point. The last week or so, I've gotten absolutely crushed especially HU. No matter how many times I got it in ahead, I lost. I only won 5 of the last 21 times I got heads up. Kind of a downer to end the month on, but overall pretty happy with the way it went:septemberptuz0.th.jpgthpix.gifSo October Goals:Play (300) $13 6 Max Turbo SNGs- More First than Seconds- More First & Seconds than BubblesInvest a Decent Amount of Time Into PCA SattysCash in a Battle of the Planets WeekAdd a 5th and Possibly 6th TableReview Hands, Get Better

Last month I set goals to play about 18k hands and make $10k dollars. I played like 7k hands online and made $4500 and then made another $2100 playing live yesterday at the Bellagio. I look at both of these as successes since I really didn't play any poker for like the last 20 days of the month.I made a blog post containing some goals.1. Play 25k hands2. Win $10-$15k dollars3. Up by 8:00 am every day4. Ride my bike 2 hours each morning before playing5. Spend at least 1 hour Monday-Friday reading a poker book or watching poker videos
Missed my hands goal. Didn't have access to my account for 2 weeks, only got in about 13 days of online play.Beat my money goal.Was up by 8am every week day.I rode my bike or ran about 4 times a week. #5 was a brilliant failure.septdf8.jpgThe month went well.+$7900 in online poker+$6700 in live poker+$300 in rakeback+$500 in coaching+$200 from winning Tremomey's baby pool (thanks Ava!)Additionally, my stakee/mentor/whatever is learning very fast and I expect him to be crushing in a month or two.For October:Since I probably won't be playing for a full week while my dad is in town, I'll set the following goals:12-15k hands$10,000 profitsKeep getting up early and exercisingHopefully keep doing some coaching.Set up 135 gallon fish tank!! <---- Probably gonna be the most fun part of the month
Working 50+ hours leaves little time for play but I have some goals I think I can stick to:1. Put in 5k hands at 10NL 2. Read strat forum at least every other day3. Make profitable decisions4. Kill all the bugs in my house.
Sept08.jpgInteresting month thats for sure. Got my volume in but i wished I had stopped at about 2k. I reviewed at least 50% of the pots I played and though I feel I made good decisions overall I did allow myself to get a tad tilted when I ran bad which I did, a lot. Bugs DEAD!!!!Anyhow here is Octobers goals1. Watch as many Deuces Cracked videos as possible.2. Move back to $5NL and rebuild game/confidence.3. Return to $10NL and make people cry.4. PLO is not my friend and I will not play anymore.5. Continue to read the forum and pick up as much information as possible.6. Actually mow the yard.
Sept goals:-30k hands-$700 profit from 25NL/50NL 6max-$500 profit from SNGs on stars-Own in my 3 WCOOP events
failed all my goals lolCash Profit: $15 (9k hands)SNG Profit: $360MTT Profit: $6000~Bonus: $80 from Full TiltTotal Profit: $6400~So I didnt reach like any of my goals but I started playing donkaments again last week after a long break and had a ton of deep finishes and 2 final tables for around $6k combined. I guess Ive suddenly learned how to play them :club: lol.Goals for October: -Continue to play my current schedule of MTT's each day-Play 5 45man sngs like I have been prior to the donkaments each day-Start doing steps and qualify for PCA-Profit $2000I dont expect to have a great month in MTT's, but im feeling confident atm and hope I can get one good score in October.
September Goals:1. Log as many hands as possible, something around 40k. But if Im not in the right mind set DONT PLAY Nope and Nope:ts reach Platinum star, almost got there this month, I know I can make it this month Didnt even come close this month but did maintain Gold star3. start incorporating one 100nl table in with my 50nl tables till Im fully rolled to move up. Did start incorporating 100nl in4. Make good decisions, dont have results based thinking Made lots of bad decisions5. Open a DC account waited till almost the end of the month to do this but did open an account6. Get as much out of my coaching session/s as possible This went very good7. Dont Tilt HAHA I tilted alot, not good
Septgraph.jpgSeptstats.jpgThis month has been by far the most frustrating month I have had with poker. Between the 20k+ hand break even stretch and 14 BI downswing at 50nl and running like complete shit while playing worse, I guess this month could have been much much worse. Thank goodness for 100nl, but even there I just dropped 3 BI really quick to end the month on a down note.I think the most frustrating thing is I probably spewed $400-$600 this month that was totally unnecessary. Half the time I would say to myself, this is a horrible play don't do it yet I do it anyways. And all of this has me thinking that I may not be able to beat this game. That some how it was just good variance that got me from 10nl to 100nl. It is so hard not to loose confidence. I just need to keep learning and improving and I WILL beat this game. Maybe one day be able to play it for a living :club: But on the bright side my coaching sessions and DC have really helped Keep me in the positive this month, I have learned quite a bit. Both were definitely good investments into my game. So goals for October:1. Dont tilt or spew 2. Keep watching DC videos3. Set up at least 2 more sessions with Coach 4. Keep integrating 100nl tables in till rolled with 35 BIs (have 31 right now)5. Only play 4 tables at a time, think through ever decision6. Stay confident but not cocky7. Play only when in a good mind set to play 8. Stop being lazy and send HH to coach to discuss.

Didn't set any goals in Sept, but if I had they woulda been:+$6068 on the tables+$415 in Rakebake+$616 in chinese/big 2Do not play any tourneysI woulda hit each one of my goals perfectly, cause that's how I roll.sept.jpgOctober Goals:25k hands (stop being lazy Zach)+10k American dollars (pocket change these days)

September

I'm really tired so I'm not going to go into specifics. But basically spent a long long time this month with SNG's, just generally mucking around and slowly grinding a profit. Finally unlazified myself and went off to FTP to play some $10NL and won some then lost some and I think I'm done about 5 BI's and really need to work on geting my game back into cash mode.
  • Play 40k hands Cash
  • No BB rate, just play as well as possible

I must have been really tired when I wrote that, anyway. Here's my graph of septemberfulltiltwn7.th.pngthpix.gifDoesn't look great, but most of it got regulated for rakeback and I found some very important leaks, here's a breakdown of monetary results last month (at an approximation)Quick Edit: That seems to be only 10NL and is including some of October as well, w/e
$10/$25 NLHE: -$180.25/.5 SHLHE: -$25.1/.2 SHLHE: +$10Donkaments: -$15SNG's: +$20Skipaments: +$35Random flips: +$5Staking: +$20Rakeback: +$160Overall: +$18With some money lost in translation somewhere, *shrug*The point is, ship the positive month
  • Play 40k hands Cash - 30k hands, was at 25k hands about halfway through the month too
  • No BB rate, just play as well as possible - Bleh, I had good stretches and terrible stretches

The biggest leak for me was just not concentrating 100% on the game and then not standing up at the right time, so I've been working on this and things are looking solid :)Goals:

• Play 20k hands Cash
  • Look to be breakeven if not better before we count rakeback
  • Continue to try and take something away from every session played

And October is off to a flying start so far as I'm up almost 7BI

Did not meet any of my goals for september. Had a harddrive failure. Had a new one for a week, went on vacation for a week. Got back and the new one was dead.Lost all my PT data for the last couple months :/Waiting for the replacement from neweggGoals for october: Play 10k HandsNo $ goal for the month. I'm going to try not to look at the cashier/PT data during a session so it won't affect my play

I have decided to take the poker thing seriously again. I usually just played for shits and giggles but now I want to focus more.Oct Goals-Stop taking long shots-I do great in $4.40's so stick to them for this month, no $11 or $22's. just $4.40's and track records for each one -Play SH 25NL for one month and see how it goes-read more-read strat and post there more-workout 5 days a week-eat better

September was real swongy. I basically broke even, but I guess I have to chalk up the $2k loss...my first losing month in a while. Glad to get it out of the way.I really hope to make october a good month. I feel great about my game, even though I broke even last month....i think that says a lot, cause i'm generally very good at looking at my game with as little bias as possible.i'm starting to grind the CAP PLO games...i'm really trying to use my experience from NL into the plo games...i think i understand a lot of PLO concepts very well, but i have lots of what i'm assuming are basic errors that i still need ironing out. iggy should be helping me, so i'm really looking forward to taht.i'm also starting an internship...it's my last year of school and we have to do an internship...so hopefully that goes well. i'm not sure how it will affect my playing time, but hopefully not too much...i'd like to get in at least 25k hands this month and at least $25k dollars, but since i'm not sure what's really going to happy...I Just hope to continue to play well, run better, and get very proficient at PLO.- Jordan

I haven't done goals for a while, but since I'm starting playing serious again I'm setting up some goals:- Deposit $200- Grind .02/.05- Keep strict BR management!- Grind 4.40s/2.20s- Try to get in connection with people who will help me improve my game- Take a couple day break when running bad- Read another book and try to get a membership at a training site (Poker VT prefer.) - Get a 3.5 for this quarter - Keep improving my game everyday of the week