Analyze this hand for me:

Poker tournament, 9 players at the table. I'm in the big blind, with about 600 in chips, blinds are 40/80. Table folds to small blind. He calls, I decline the option to raise. Flop comes 2 :D 5 :) 9 :) . Small blind checks to me. He's a loose/aggressive type playerwith about 900 in chips, who often takes a hand to showdown with only A or K high. I move all in, thinking he can't call me with even a pair and I'm playing from the big blind, and wanting to take those blinds. He thinks for a bit, then calls.I'll hear some opinions, then post what he had, and the results of the hand.

Not as interested in what he had as compared to what YOU had.I would also like to know how many chips you started with, etc.Nothing wrong with trying to bluff, but did you have any sort of draw?

Well, to start off this is a very strange overbet into a very small pot. I'm not quite sure why you would want to risk all your chips against this player, especially since you know he is aggressive and could have limped with just about anything, and wil probably even call you down with a draw. I think you have A9 and are protecting, but I really have no clue. He has to have a big hand to call your alin here, 2 pair, maybe even trips. Post the results, I'd like to here what happened.I just can't understand your logic moving allin for 6x what's in the pot, putting your entire tournament on the line to net 80 chips. Please explain...

Yeah, I'd like to know what you had as well.If you were on a steal, why not raise before the flop? You are both short-stacked relative to the BB, but the blinds aren't really high, so I don't really like the idea of an all-in bluff to net you 80 chips, but if you did want to take that risk, you might as well do it before the flop and not give him the chance to hit anything.

First off, sorry for a bad post. I guess I should have posted what I had, maybe? In any case, I had 10 :) 4 :D , so it was a dead bluff. When he called, he thought about it for a bit. After the flop, he checked very quickly, and I thought he was weak. In retrospect, it may have been a bad overbet. But, to me, he seemed weak, and what was in that pot was equal to 20% of my holdings. What did he have? K :D K :D . No help for me on the turn or the river, and I'm out. I couldn't really feel bad though, because given 10 guesses as to what he was holding I never would have put him on that hand. He's not the type of player who would usually limp with a big pair like that, he usually only limps with hands like 8 :) 3 :) . :club:

you wanted to steal his 80 bucks by betting 600?? Stupid move IMHO. What did you have anyway? Why not just move all in pre-flop??? I don't get it... how can we analyze this hand? So you put your life at risk to steal 80 bucks AFTER the flop...... uhhh...you even said that guy was loose... you better have has someting good, punk. :evil:

Smasharoo, thanks for the advice. It was a terrible play, but it was getting to the point where I was desperate (<10BB). Jfarrell20, you must have missed the post where I realized I had forgotten to post what I had. In any case, thanks for your input too, but is the "punk" thing really necessary? Seems a little childish, and out of place at a board like this that seems to be very cordial and mature, for the most part.

Well, to start off this is a very strange overbet into a very small pot.  I'm not quite sure why you would want to risk all your chips against this player, especially since you know he is aggressive and could have limped with just about anything, and wil probably even call you down with a draw.  I just can't understand your logic moving allin for 6x what's in the pot, putting your entire tournament on the line to net 80 chips.  Please explain...
exactly.If you say above that he will often call you down with simply Aor K high then why would you wanna risk going for a bluff when the chances are pretty high he will call you unless he got dealt complete rags. I mean if he is a very loose/aggressive player like you said then why wouldnt he wanna try to steal your BB right there and end the hand or bet a flop when complete rags hit just to try to take it. I think the way he played it just doesnt fit into an aggressive players style. I prolly wouldve thought something fishy when he checked it to you twice. I mean if you wanna try to pull a steal theres not anything wrong with that just dont put your tourney life on the line, especially with no outs. "He's not the type of player who would usually limp with a big pair like that", exactly , he played you like a fiddle and you fell right into his trap LOL. If he raises pre-flop you fold your rags and he wins a whopping 80 chips. Wheres the profit in that :D