Tech Help Needed!

Hi Guys,

Yeah...it's me again lol but this time I need your help, so BE NICE!! :icon_shifty:

Last month I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, Seemed like a good idea at the time, but now ....not so much, since a few of my programs are not working properly, possibly due to incompatibility issues?

Question 1: Is there an easy way for me to switch back to Windows 7 without restoring system? What I wanted to try to do, was download windows 7 and install it...but someone recently told me if I don't remove the windows 8, it won't work.

Also another issue I am having (which I think might be related to this windows 8 upgrade), I receive an error message saying the status of my printer is offline, but it isn't. The printer itself is not the issue, since I've tested it out with my ipad and it works. Therefore, the problem is definitely with this laptop.

I have tried everything...googled and read so much feedback, that my head is about to explode!!! Literally! But a few of the issue related suggestions I have read up on, seem too complicated for me...I'm looking for the easiest, quickest fix here.

Any help in either of those 2 issues, would be appreciated...thanks.

You know...I can laugh it up at some of the other images / posters; but you...meh...YOU ARE A DUMBARSE! (plain and simple)

Maybe you will figure it out (why it's not right to post such images) when you grow the **** up and have kids of your own. Then and only then, will you realize the harm an image such as this may cause.

Go **** yourself, sir.

P.S. This is something I should have done long ago...I have now put you on ignore. Oh and GO **** YOURSELF!

1) With regards to W7 vs. W8: Either you trust this person who told you that it wouldn't work or you don't. If you trust their word then stick with W8 if you want to find out for yourself then try installing it.

2) With regards to trouble-shooting your printer issues: What most often works for me is copying the error message into my search engine and scanning results until I find something. If I know the search is futile I'll start from the last place that worked. In your case the last place that worked was well... But you could try 1 step back and reinstall the printer driver.

• Like 2

I think Navybuttons might be helpful here.

1) With regards to W7 vs. W8: Either you trust this person who told you that it wouldn't work or you don't. If you trust their word then stick with W8 if you want to find out for yourself then try installing it.

2) With regards to trouble-shooting your printer issues: What most often works for me is copying the error message into my search engine and scanning results until I find something. If I know the search is futile I'll start from the last place that worked. In your case the last place that worked was well... But you could try 1 step back and reinstall the printer driver.

For starters, I was seriously giving up hope (that there is mature enough members) on this site. That being said, thanks to the both of you for proving me wrong.

Now getting back to the advice...

It's not about trusting anyone per se, buttons.

See...I had received an alert (either email or otherwise, I forgot) asking if I wanted to upgrade to the beta W8; so I thought it was a good idea (at the time) this was a couple weeks ago.

Now, with that...there are loads of programs not loading up properly, one just happens to be my printer. I googled for help and typed out the issue I was having with my Canon Pixma MX500 and a few tech sites advised to revert back to W7 since it wasn't compatible.

I had a few other programs which were incompatible...I then googled to find out more about this W8 upgrade versus what I already had, which is the W7. Most of the feedback received was that the beta W8 is not good and that Microsoft missed out on this one and stay with W7. Altho, when I search on how to remove the W8 upgrade, it's close to impossible to uninstall or you need someone with tech experience.

Apparently (and I can confirm this) in the list of programs there is no built in uninstall option for W8 nor is it shown in the Control Panel. Therefore this needs to be removed manually (from what I have read on other tech forums).

I just thought someone here might have had same issue (or not) and have an easier way for me to uninstall this.

My thinking was, maybe I can find the folder and simply manually delete every file associated with W8? Can I do this? I haven't as of yet, cus afraid to corrupt my system any further than it is.

As for my printer issue:

As of last night, I tried troubleshooting it and the error message received was "Printer is offline". Thing is, it is not offline and it works with my ipad but not this laptop.

So either it has nothing to do with the W8 upgrade and this issue is coincidental, or maybe it became an issue once I upgraded? I have no idea, but I googled for problem solving this issue also and came up empty. Some online advice was to open up the printer case in the back (which I will not do) and other advice was to plug the outlet directly to the wall jack (which I did and no help that was), another suggestion was to place the printer closer to router (meh...the whole point of purchasing this printer was so I could use the wireless option, duh...) so yeah, this is not a good idea for me.

Sighs....so I really need my printer, but still back to square one and have no idea how to fix this problem (yet...)but I'm still searching.

W7 vs W8:

Imagine the computer as a magical coffee cup. The cup comes in two parts. The inside lining will make anything you ask, the outside lining cannot be destroyed by anything you ask it to make.

You are in a sense asking the inside lining to make itself gone.

Instead you want to replace the lining with a new one (or in your case old one) and then you won't even have to worry about the old lining if you don't feel like it.

Regarding the printer:

If the issue is the distance between wireless connections then you should determine that before moving to square one imo.

Well, for starters, this isn't a tech forum.

Is it possible you'll get the help you seek? Sure. Is it more likely you won't? Definitely.

It's kind of like you going here, and asking what to do when facing a check raise on K99r when you have KQ.

SuperJon...this isn't the only place I have asked.

I am simply trying to get the best advice out there and I know that these types of forums have computer geek type members (cue in FCPBob??? lol), therefore rather than register at every other tech site for advice (to ask a question to an issue which has already been previously responded to and asking it twice is frowned upon), I thought it was okay to post my problem here.

Geez, there is so much other non-related poker crap on this site...why should my thread be any different than say the "Car Talk Thread" ?

As for your example of going to Microsoft to ask a poker related question, that is so not the same case.

Forums such as fullcontactpoker etc, they have a category for General Talk. Which is basically anything non-poker related, therefore it's just as good a place to post my type of question. As for Microsoft, well.....hopefully you can see (for yourself) how wrong you are on this one. :)

Nothing wrong with asking any question in these forums.

I was just letting you know you shouldn't get your panties in a bunch when you don't immediately get the help you're looking for.

You come to a barren wasteland and act surprised to find savages, frothing at the mouth at the sight of fresh meat. We`re hungry, and its been a long time since a wide eyed newbie has wandered into our dungeon. And even though you dont perfectly fit the bill, you're all we have. So can you please just let us go to hell the way we want too? Trolling to the #max.

Nothing wrong with asking any question in these forums.

I was just letting you know you shouldn't get your panties in a bunch when you don't immediately get the help you're looking for.

I will have you know, that my erm panties are quite comfty tyvm ;)

I wasn't expecting immediate advice or comments, but I also wasn't expecting the trolling to begin so quickly either. Guess my time away, I forgot how bad this forum is on the trolling aspect. sighs....

You come to a barren wasteland and act surprised to find savages, frothing at the mouth at the sight of fresh meat. We`re hungry, and its been a long time since a wide eyed newbie has wandered into our dungeon. And even though you dont perfectly fit the bill, you're all we have. So can you please just let us go to hell the way we want too? Trolling to the #max.

All I can say to that is....MAN YOU NEED A LIFE AWAY FROM HERE DUDE! Seriously....

• Like 1

[something about shitty threads and posters, something something I'm awesome.]

[something else funny.]

Meh...guess you didn't get the memo huh?

See... I am indeed

tumblr_ls0x96g2Si1qa3k3i.gif

Hi Guys,

Yeah...it's me again lol but this time I need your help, so BE NICE!! :icon_shifty:

Last month I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, Seemed like a good idea at the time, but now ....not so much, since a few of my programs are not working properly, possibly due to incompatibility issues?

Question 1: Is there an easy way for me to switch back to Windows 7 without restoring system? What I wanted to try to do, was download windows 7 and install it...but someone recently told me if I don't remove the windows 8, it won't work.

Also another issue I am having (which I think might be related to this windows 8 upgrade), I receive an error message saying the status of my printer is offline, but it isn't. The printer itself is not the issue, since I've tested it out with my ipad and it works. Therefore, the problem is definitely with this laptop.

I have tried everything...googled and read so much feedback, that my head is about to explode!!! Literally! But a few of the issue related suggestions I have read up on, seem too complicated for me...I'm looking for the easiest, quickest fix here.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33642_7-57496506-292/how-to-get-the-start-menu-back-in-windows-8/

Windows 8 is windows 7 with the start menu as tiles instead of being nested in the windows icon at the bottom left.

As far as your laptop not connecting to your printer I'm sure it's a workgroup problem or a driver problem. Probably not a hard fix but you do have to know a bit about setting up a home network.