Offering A Bet To Serge

Here is a fair an honest offer to Serge or anyone else willing to take this bet. Serge currently has 14 players on his farm team. That's an impressive number of prospects. Having said that, I'd be willing to bet that two of his prospects will never score 30 goals in the NHL, in any season, in their entire career. You get all 14 guys Serge, and if more than one of them has a 30 goal season, you win the bet. Obviously, since it'll take a long time before they all retire, you'd have to post up the money first. Here who Serge has going for him:D Pierre Hedin, TOR.D Stefan Kronvall, TOR.D Jiri Trubachev, CAL.F Milan Bartovic, BUF.F Kris Beech, WAS.F Blair Betts, NYR.F Jonas Johansson, WAS.F Jonus Nordqvist, CHI.F Justin Papineau, STL.F Scott Parse, LA.F Igor Radolov, CHI.F Brandon Reid, VAN.F Michael Sivek, PIT.F Jeremy Williams, TOR. If you like, I'd even make you the same bet on my farm as well, that way you don't have put up any money. I only have 7 forwards, but I'll bet that at least two of them have a 30 goal NHL season in the future. No, better yet, since you're a good sport, I'll bet that at least three of those seven guys have a 30+ goal season. I won't bother including my 9 defensemen in the bet. I'll bet 3 of 7 on:Bobby Ryan, ANA.Benoit Pouliot, MIN.Kyle Okposo, NYI.TJ Oshie, STL.Jack Skille, CHI.Andrei Kostitsyn, MON.Nicklas Bergfors, NJ. I've got an even BETTER bet if you are interested. I'll just bet you that 5 of those 7 players have at least one 30 goal season in the NHL.

come on dude make it fair, the best should be whether any 2 of those 'prospects' gets 30 goals in their nhl careers let alone a season. that or whether 3 of them will have at least 2 40 game seasons in the nhl. now that seems fairer! :club:

Here is a fair an honest offer to Serge or anyone else willing to take this bet. Serge currently has 14 players on his farm team. That's an impressive number of prospects. Having said that, I'd be willing to bet that two of his prospects will never score 30 goals in the NHL, in any season, in their entire career. You get all 14 guys Serge, and if more than one of them has a 30 goal season, you win the bet. Obviously, since it'll take a long time before they all retire, you'd have to post up the money first. Here who Serge has going for him:D Pierre Hedin, TOR.D Stefan Kronvall, TOR.D Jiri Trubachev, CAL.F Milan Bartovic, BUF.F Kris Beech, WAS.F Blair Betts, NYR.F Jonas Johansson, WAS.F Jonus Nordqvist, CHI.F Justin Papineau, STL.F Scott Parse, LA.F Igor Radolov, CHI.F Brandon Reid, VAN.F Michael Sivek, PIT.F Jeremy Williams, TOR. If you like, I'd even make you the same bet on my farm as well, that way you don't have put up any money. I only have 7 forwards, but I'll bet that at least two of them have a 30 goal NHL season in the future. No, better yet, since you're a good sport, I'll bet that at least three of those seven guys have a 30+ goal season. I won't bother including my 9 defensemen in the bet. I'll bet 3 of 7 on:Bobby Ryan, ANA.Benoit Pouliot, MIN.Kyle Okposo, NYI.TJ Oshie, STL.Jack Skille, CHI.Andrei Kostitsyn, MON.Nicklas Bergfors, NJ. I've got an even BETTER bet if you are interested. I'll just bet you that 5 of those 7 players have at least one 30 goal season in the NHL.
I will only take this bet if you include the following 3 players...They arent technically on my farm however they are basically farm players..David Moss..CalgaryDavid Kresji..BostonMaxim Lapierre...MontrealIf you include these 3 players I will probably take your offer.
I will only take this bet if you include the following 3 players...They arent technically on my farm however they are basically farm players..David Moss..CalgaryDavid Kresji..BostonMaxim Lapierre...MontrealIf you include these 3 players I will probably take your offer.
I will add these three players, but a time limit must be put on them. Next season you have all three. The season after that you only have two of them. The season after that you have to pick one. If they don't do it in three years you still have your farm for life...
I will add these three players, but a time limit must be put on them. Next season you have all three. The season after that you only have two of them. The season after that you have to pick one. If they don't do it in three years you still have your farm for life...
Ok you are on...its a silly bet on your part since there is at least 5 players on that list that have a SOLID shot at 30 goals...Ill go $200...if thats ok with you...Just to clarify too, if I decide to trade any of these players they are still good for the bet right?
From the first list I say Scott Parse will hit 30 in the NHL.I'm in college so right now the funds are too limited to bet money.
I read your comment about him before , but lets keep it down low before Daniel changes his mind.
Ok you are on...its a silly bet on your part since there is at least 5 players on that list that have a SOLID shot at 30 goals...Ill go $200...if thats ok with you...Just to clarify too, if I decide to trade any of these players they are still good for the bet right?
Yes, you can trade them at anytime. Did you want any action on my farm guys getting 30?
From the first list I say Scott Parse will hit 30 in the NHL.I'm in college so right now the funds are too limited to bet money.
Save your money. Parse will not crack the top two lines for the Kings. He is destined to be a plugger/grinder.
Yes, you can trade them at anytime. Did you want any action on my farm guys getting 30?
I am going to study that one further...I will get back to you..
I am going to study that one further...I will get back to you..
Daniel's forward prospects are weak. I would take that bet if I were you, in fact, I'd double it.
Daniel's forward prospects are weak. I would take that bet if I were you, in fact, I'd double it.
Why dont you take it then mr genious..The offer is good for anyone?because you know he is a favourite
Make it cumulative... say, $100 if Daniel has one 30 goal scorer, $250 if he has two, $500 if he has three..... :club:
by the way Gruven..I found out some dirt on you yesterday.Google is a beatiful thing.
by the way Gruven..I found out some dirt on you yesterday.Google is a beatiful thing.
Perhaps you may want to spend your time googling 'Spellcheck' or 'dictionary'....

I have another bet for you Serge, one where you already have a head start. I'll bet you $20 a point, NHL careers of our Boston centers. Your David Krejci vs. Petr Kalus. Your guy is already in the NHL. We can settle at the end of each season and every season until both of our guys retire. Deal?

Why dont you take it then mr genious..The offer is good for anyone?because you know he is a favourite
My forward prospects are weak too. It would be a wash and a waste of time to bet mine against Daniel's.
I have another bet for you Serge, one where you already have a head start. I'll bet you $20 a point, NHL careers of our Boston centers. Your David Krejci vs. Petr Kalus. Your guy is already in the NHL. We can settle at the end of each season and every season until both of our guys retire. Deal?
no no...I am not that high on Krejci yet...Now Kalus vs Penner...we can talkSince Penner is not an assist guy you have a big edge.
Bobby Ryan, ANA.Benoit Pouliot, MIN.Kyle Okposo, NYI.TJ Oshie, STL.Jack Skille, CHI.Andrei Kostitsyn, MON.Nicklas Bergfors, NJ. I've got an even BETTER bet if you are interested. I'll just bet you that 5 of those 7 players have at least one 30 goal season in the NHL.
those are some good guys, but i think you're overvaluing them if you think 5/7 to score 30 goals in the NHL is an even-money bet.
Bobby Ryan, ANA.Benoit Pouliot, MIN.Kyle Okposo, NYI.TJ Oshie, STL.Jack Skille, CHI.Andrei Kostitsyn, MON.Nicklas Bergfors, NJ. I've got an even BETTER bet if you are interested. I'll just bet you that 5 of those 7 players have at least one 30 goal season in the NHL.
I would take this bet. Problem being that the bet will take 20 years to cash in on, and we don't know each other like you and serge do, so it wouldn't really be a possibility. But this is a bet that I would make every day of the week.

Goals per game is on its way up so teams to have multiple 30 goal men may be common again. Teams to avg more than 3 gpg 2000-2001 (8)2001-2002 (4)2002-2003 (5)2003-2004 (2)2005-2006 (16)2006-2007 (12)So more teams avg 3 goals a game will help your chances as we will have no names scoring 30 goals again, like in the 80's. Unless your players are complete duds I would take this bet no problem. All you need is 2 prospects to get on a team pp in the next 5 years.

I think Parse will surprise you Daniel.
shhh....dont tell him....I think of the players that I bet on the best chance of 30 goal scorers are:David MossKris BeechScott ParseMaxim LapierreBlair Betts(if he gets bumped to first line)Jeremy Williams...I still think Moss has the best shot ....But I believe Belanger's assesment and hope Parse does it with LA.
shhh....dont tell him....I think of the players that I bet on the best chance of 30 goal scorers are:David MossKris BeechScott ParseMaxim LapierreBlair Betts(if he gets bumped to first line)Jeremy Williams...I still think Moss has the best shot ....But I believe Belanger's assesment and hope Parse does it with LA.
I think your only legitimate chance is Williams.
I think your only legitimate chance is Williams.
Moss has 9 goals in limited time this year..He has good size and given the opportunity he might do it..I still havent given up on BeechAnd Belanger loves Parse