• No
    • Yes, $25 works
    • Yes, I want under $25 though
    • Yes, I want over $25 though
  3. 3. What should the prize be?

• Cash
    • Hockey Related Prizes (i.e. Jersey)
    • Other Prize

I think the option of a format where the same player can be taken twice or more is out, so the questions left are:1. Do we want a draft or a list/ranking?We can either do a traditional draft, either through forums or chat, or we can we do a list system, where out of the x number of roster players entering the playoffs each person ranks their top 200. Then, based on a random lottery selection, we set a draft number for each team, and the 1st team gets the top player on their list, the second team gets the top player on their list not already taken, the third team gets the top player on their list not already taken etc. all the way through 200 players.2. Do we want to each person to chip in $Simple enough, do we all want to chip in a little to sweeten the prize pool? I thought $25 was a reasonable amount everyone could afford so I put that as kind of the benchmark. 3. Do we want the winners to get hockey-related prizes or simply $One thought I had was that instead of cash we could award customized jerseys or other hockey prizes/memoribilia. The type of prize changes depending on how many spots are paid though of course (no room for a poll question for that). For example, if 4 spots are paid, we could have an authentic player jersey go to the top two finishers, and an authentic (non player, just team) jersey go to the third and fourth place finishers. Otherwise we could do a 40,30,20,10 prize structure cash or whatever.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Draft would be cool.I voted no entry fee because I'm in the gayest downswing ever, in the history of poker.I voted cash prizes because I'm in the gayest downswing ever, in the history of poker.- Zach

I don't like ranking system because it lessens the strategy in the pool. For example, if my intentions going in were to ride Detroit players, but five of the key forwards are already gone, I may now try to stockpile Ottawa players. With the ranking system, you can't really do that effectively.

I like the idea of using a chatroom, either MSN, or whatever and use it for the SOLE purpose of making your picks, and not for telling everyone who will listen that Raycroft is a superstar, that Wellwood is better than Crosby, or that the Leafs prospects are among the top five in the league.

I like the idea of using a chatroom, either MSN, or whatever and use it for the SOLE purpose of making your picks, and not for telling everyone who will listen that Raycroft is a superstar, that Wellwood is better than Crosby, or that the Leafs prospects are among the top five in the league.
i also think this idea is better, as it gives you a chance to modify your thinking during the draft and to react to other picks. april 9th sounds fine too.
I don't like ranking system because it lessens the strategy in the pool. For example, if my intentions going in were to ride Detroit players, but five of the key forwards are already gone, I may now try to stockpile Ottawa players. With the ranking system, you can't really do that effectively.
How does this date work for everyone: Monday April 9th 8:00pm EST? The regular season ends on April 8th.
I agree.I agree.Sounds good.

I am ok with the time and date....Next step is to decide the 20 guys...It might get hard when we get down to the bottom as some people might be left out...We can either go with AHL , FCHL owners get first crack.or just go with the first 20 replies to the original post by daniel..

How does this date work for everyone: Monday April 9th 8:00pm EST? The regular season ends on April 8th.
I'd be cutting it close. My final class goes from 2:30 to 3:45 and takes me an hour to get home. I'm in though but I could always be a few minutes late depending on traffic.
I'd be cutting it close. My final class goes from 2:30 to 3:45 and takes me an hour to get home. I'm in though but I could always be a few minutes late depending on traffic.
I'd have no problem making it a little later for the West coasters.
I'd have no problem making it a little later for the West coasters.
Today I got home around 4:50 as I took a lot of side streets to avoid "The Orange Crush" which is the drive from Anaheim to the Inland Empire. Stupid *** 57 freeway. If anyone comes out to a Ducks game and has to use the 57 Freeway will understand the stupidity of the 57/60 Split.
Not mentioning any serges.... er... names..... LOL April 9th is fine for me....
what about the really really really far east coasters :club: i am a whole other continent away!
You're about 3 or 4 hours ahead of EST aren't you?

How about this? Nate is pretty good at the computer stuff... perhaps he can set up a chat room specifically for this: He can designate one person as the monitor for the draft (moderater if you prefer), and that person controls the draft, tells which person's turn it is to pick.... no one else chats.... then someone else (Dale?) can keep track of the draft, the players, etc, and record it all.... we should be able to get it done in under a couple of hours. Then, when it's done, we can block serge from the chat and trash talk kyle wellwood for half an hour just for fun,,,

Not mentioning any serges.... er... names..... LOL April 9th is fine for me....
be careful....Playoff pools are my specialty...I am a 3-1 favourite to win this thing

that time works fine for me. then again, being unemployed, i could make it pretty much whenever :club: i wouldn't want to go much over $25, but i could go that high. NHL/FCP prizes would be a pretty cool idea, or we could just dole out the cash minus expenses. maybe an FCP jersey to the winner :begging face:oh, and i also think serge should have sole chatting privileges. its going to be a long draft, and we don't want to fall asleep. thanks to the AHLers for setting this up, and hope i can get in on it.

Date is perfect!Draft for sure...I am not building a 200-player list that's for sure. I've already got my picks pretty much set. I'm going to look like a genius or a total idiot for sure.

I'd be more than willing to Administrate this draft.I envision using MSN, AIM, or some chat client to do this.It would involve a large chatroom holding all of the participants. Instead of everyone inserting their picks there you would send them to me in a chat boxes I would have open with each of the participants. I would then take that and post in the main chatroom 'With the first overall pick Serge selected Kyle Wellwood, C Tor." At the same time I would update a website with tables displaying all of the picks.Draft Order is the only this I see there being a problem with. I could just put everyones names in a hat and pick them out Ala the Crosby Draft lottery but I would have to be trusted in order to do that.The only other question I have is how would we handle it from there? How would we be keeping track of the scoring?