• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy hell that SNL dude's imitation of Ricky Gervis is seriously incredible.

I am extremely unexcited for this season. The writers failed to provide a fantastic season 5 and I'm very concerned at this point that my once favorite show on TV has jumped the shark.Of course, if the first 3 episodes are fantastic then I will be right back on board.If you throw out (the 6 episode) season 1, I thought season 5 was by far the weakest.

I am extremely unexcited for this season. The writers failed to provide a fantastic season 5 and I'm very concerned at this point and my once favorite show on TV has jumped the shark.Of course, if the first 3 episodes are fantastic then I will be right back on board.If you throw out (the 6 episode) season 1, I thought season 5 was by far the weakest.
Geez what a Killjoy!! I have to admit that I did laugh less than previous seasons ... but that's not saying much because there were still a ton of laughs to be had last season. I am looking forward to awkward pregnant jokes by Michael!

Watched The Office for the first time ever last night during this premier show. Thought it was OK, but not sure what all the rage has been about. I guess since I don't really know the characters that well yet it has some good potential, but I kept seeing The 40 Year Old Virgin and The Hangover guy instead of the characters they were playing on the show.

The absolute pinnacle of this show was season 4 and the episode where Dwight is being timed by Jim on how much time he wastes during the day.... and then Jim starts talking to Andy about how stupid Battlestar Galactica is, in the background.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode, although I wouldn't rank it up there with the best. The interns making fun of Michael, and Michael trying to recant his disclosure of Stanley's affair were golden. As for last season I have been re-watching it over the past week on DVD, and find it very enjoyable. Dwight's Christmas wrapped desk is still the best prank by Jim that I have seen.

This thread is very strange to me, I thought last night was one of the best episodes of the show ever.
it's boring to keep talking about how good a show is so we have to default to trying to tear it down by comparing it to season's past. it's the American way.I think the Office has always been good and is still good. My favorite season was season 3 but I liked season 5 and last night's episode was hilarious.
it's boring to keep talking about how good a show is so we have to default to trying to tear it down by comparing it to season's past. it's the American way.I think the Office has always been good and is still good. My favorite season was season 3 but I liked season 5 and last night's episode was hilarious.
shouldn't you be doing something to prepare?Your people were walking all over town today
Season starts tomorrow night for those who don't know.Really excited for this season!
You shit face! Where the hell have you been? You don't even visit us on IRC?

re-watched the first ep again. It was ok. Not awful. The Andy/gay stuff was over the top and isn't close to real, but it still made me chuckle. That's the thing I've always had with the show. Most stuff is real solid, but when they cross the line of reality of what a real person would say or do, that's when it gets iffy for me. Like when Michael stole the mic and gave the toast at Phyllis' wedding and was saying all kinds of stuff and doing things...nobody in their right mind would do that.

shouldn't you be doing something to prepare?Your people were walking all over town today
What do you mean "your people"? Am I Moses now?I went to a nice dinner Saturday night. That was the extent of my participation in Rosh Hashanah. I will probably go to services on Yom Kippur just so I dont break my mother's heart.The opening from last episode was so hilarious. I could watch Andy jump into that cardboard box 100 times and still laugh.
re-watched the first ep again. It was ok. Not awful. The Andy/gay stuff was over the top and isn't close to real, but it still made me chuckle. That's the thing I've always had with the show. Most stuff is real solid, but when they cross the line of reality of what a real person would say or do, that's when it gets iffy for me. Like when Michael stole the mic and gave the toast at Phyllis' wedding and was saying all kinds of stuff and doing things...nobody in their right mind would do that.
I do know a few people that are fully capable of doing exactly that if given the chance.
You shit face! Where the hell have you been? You don't even visit us on IRC?
I got deported! I'm back in the states now!I thought for sure they would have internet at the Mexican prison I was in...Congrats on being a daddy! Fuck the Jets!
I got deported! I'm back in the states now!I thought for sure they would have internet at the Mexican prison I was in...Congrats on being a daddy! Fuck the Jets!
haha, deportation was my first guess. You better visit us.Jets rule.

Finally had a chance to watch the season premier. I liked it enough, it wasn't exceedingly good or bad to me. I agree that the Andy being gay bit was funny but a little overdone, but there was a real quick moment at the end of his first talking head about it where Andy gives this awkward half laugh that killed me. I think he did it at some point last season, too. Also, the Kelly eating disorder joke was my favorite. I didn't laugh harder the entire episode than when Erin said how glad she was Kelly was eating again and Kelly enthusiastically responded, with a mouth full of cake, "Me too!"