strong hand vs. scare card on river

Situations like this come up more than I'd like, and I feel like I'm just losing too many bets in these situations, as I generally just call the river when the scare card hits instead of raising.Only 3 orbits with this guy at table, no solid reads. Isn't real loose or anything crazy.PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is UTG+1 with [Qh], [Qd]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50. UTG calls, Hero raises, UTG calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) [As], [9s], [Qc] (3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, UTG calls.Turn: (5.25 BB) [7h] (3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, MP3 folds, UTG calls.River: (7.25 BB) [Js] (2 players)UTG bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 9.25 BBSo when the river came, it completed a couple straights (one of which was open ended after turn) and the flush. Is my set still strong enough to raise for value here, or is calling best? If it is strong enough to raise, would you also do it with top 2 (AQ)? If it's not, what is the minimum strength you would like your hand to be before raising for value on a scare card like this?

Guest XXEddie
no way im folding
Well no kidding. I'm asking if raising for value is possible here, or if i'm behind 50% of the time.
if you raiseany/all weaker hand will only call, winning one extra betany/all stronger hands will raise, losing you 2 betscall is fine

I think calling is fine.He could be waking up with two pair, or a stupidly "slow played" smaller set, but more often then not I think when you raise you get three-bet by all the straights and flushes that are there.

calling >> raising >>>>>> folding.like Jesse said, it seems weak, but don't think that you have to be macho or anything in this game. calling is easily and by far the best play.aseem

Thanks for the help. I generally just call when the scare 3rd flush card hits, but it seems to be a 2 pair or set more often than the flush for some reason and I thought maybe I was missing bets. That is probably just perception though, thanks for the advice.