I will give the results after, but i really felt lost in this hand after 3rd street. I hate my line and i am looking for some input so i can play these types of hands in the future betterFull Tilt Poker Game #23786878798: Table Bulb - $0.10/$0.20 Ante $0.02 - Limit Stud H/L - 16:40:50 ET - 2010/09/10Seat 1: wallytor ($0.60)Seat 2: Starcrash ($1.62)Seat 3: elfuego22 ($3.80)Seat 4: easystreet15 ($1.15)Seat 6: Littlle Nix ($1.10)Seat 7: bassplayer45 ($10.22)Littlle Nix antes $0.02wallytor antes $0.02easystreet15 antes $0.02elfuego22 antes $0.02bassplayer45 antes $0.02Starcrash antes $0.02*** 3RD STREET ***Dealt to wallytor [8h]Dealt to Starcrash [Kc]Dealt to elfuego22 [5h]Dealt to easystreet15 [2s]Dealt to Littlle Nix [3s]Dealt to bassplayer45 [Ah As] [7d]easystreet15 is low with [2s]easystreet15 brings in for $0.03Littlle Nix calls $0.03bassplayer45 completes it to $0.10wallytor calls $0.10Starcrash foldselfuego22 raises to $0.20easystreet15 raises to $0.30Littlle Nix foldsbassplayer45 calls $0.20wallytor foldselfuego22 calls $0.10*** 4TH STREET ***Dealt to elfuego22 [5h] [Ac]Dealt to easystreet15 [2s] [Jd]Dealt to bassplayer45 [Ah As 7d] [Tc]elfuego22 bets $0.10easystreet15 calls $0.10bassplayer45 calls $0.10*** 5TH STREET ***Dealt to elfuego22 [5h Ac] [8d]Dealt to easystreet15 [2s Jd] [7h]Dealt to bassplayer45 [Ah As 7d Tc] [Qh]elfuego22 bets $0.20easystreet15 calls $0.20bassplayer45 calls $0.20*** 6TH STREET ***Dealt to elfuego22 [5h Ac 8d] [2h]Dealt to easystreet15 [2s Jd 7h] [Td]Dealt to bassplayer45 [Ah As 7d Tc Qh] [Kh]elfuego22 bets $0.20easystreet15 calls $0.20bassplayer45 calls $0.20*** 7TH STREET ***Dealt to bassplayer45 [Ah As 7d Tc Qh Kh] [9h]elfuego22 bets $0.20easystreet15 foldsbassplayer45 calls $0.20

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt Limit Stud $0.10/$0.20 ante $0.02 - 6 playersSeat 1: $0.60 [X] [X] 8h.gif Seat 2: $1.62 [X] [X] Kc.gif Seat 3: $3.80 [X] [X] 5h.gifAc.gif8d.gif2h.gif Seat 4: $1.15 [X] [X] 2s.gifJd.gif7h.gifTd.gif Seat 6: $1.10 [X] [X] 3s.gif Seat 7: $10.22 Ah.gifAs.gif7d.gifTc.gifQh.gifKh.gif9h.gif (Hero)3rd Street: ($0.12) (6 players)Seat 6 calls $0.03, Seat 1 calls $0.10, Seat 2 folds, Seat 3 raises to $0.20, Seat 4 raises to $0.30, Seat 6 folds, Hero calls $0.20, Seat 1 folds, Seat 3 calls $0.104th Street: ($1.05) (3 players)Seat 3 bets $0.10, Seat 4 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.105th Street: ($1.35) (3 players)Seat 3 bets $0.20, Seat 4 calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.206th Street: ($1.95) (3 players)Seat 3 bets $0.20, Seat 4 calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

The part that threw me off the most was that seat 3 just called behind. One can say, he just called to trap us, but he could also call because he was weaker than we thought. Especially after he just calls down the rest of the way. I agree that i need to raise, the way the hand played out, it seems like if i became the agressor, than i either lose one of them, or they just call down as they did

I admittedly....am not very good at stud but my first thought was to fold 4th street because the 3rd ace was gone and we are only playing for the half the pot. Too nitty?

I misread before and though it was just Stud Hi, should have realized from the lines that this was not the case but oh well. I wouldn't hate a fold Biff, but he's probably ahead on the high side a lot of the time given the early lines, and at these stakes I would think.

Well what happened in the end was seat 3 bet on 7th street and seat 4 folded, which through me through a loop. I sat and hemmed and hawed about it thinking for her range. Maybe she would 3 bet 3h 4h 5h preflop, but seems unlikely. In the end i honestly just said, she has an 8 low and that is it. I called and she rolled over Q Q buried, A 8 5 2 J, so i scooped. Literally the next hand she took the same line and i raised her with aces up and she called down with K K buried.

I admittedly....am not very good at stud but my first thought was to fold 4th street because the 3rd ace was gone and we are only playing for the half the pot. Too nitty?
Better to call with 2 outs than with 1 is what you are saying?My line:Raise his bet preOn fourth, raise him again. Not only do you have a pair of aces which 99% of the time is ahead for the hi, but you can also represent a decent low.On 5th, def just call.There is no point in betting/raising here. Has a visible 8 lo now. He is not folding to any bets 95% of the time and there is a good chance we are only playing for half the pot at this point so no need to build a pot only to chop it up.On 6th, shoot yourself if you ever bet here, snap call.You have no lo and 1 pair. he has A258 showing. Betting serves NO purpose whatsoever here otherthan risking more chips. Still an easy call.on 7th - CallAgain, no reason to bet.

Thanks for the analysis. I have been looking it over and i agree with you. The only streets where i think i am justified getting more bets in are 3rd and 4th

I like capping third street. It looks like two wheel draws raised, and at least one shouldn't have an ace. Your hand is disguised and you're almost definitely playing for half off the bat so you may as well try and swell that half when the math is right.

i think the only thing you missed was a bet on 3rd. asides from that you caught pretty bad, and i play the same. maybe fold 6th if villains were solid, but the way you played was fine, sucker kinda hand imo

I like capping third street. It looks like two wheel draws raised, and at least one shouldn't have an ace. Your hand is disguised and you're almost definitely playing for half off the bat so you may as well try and swell that half when the math is right.
*edit* misread it as capping 4th. No problem at all capping third. I dislike capping since it builds a pot and there is a whole lot of things that could go wrong with this hand. With a board like this, it's alwaysbest to assume we are playing for half of the pot. Cappinggives them better odds to continue drawing on a later street. And withyour board it is very unlikely that they will fold.Raising on 3rd is acceptable, chances are they will just calland this will probably slow them down on 4th if they wiff.If they miss on 4th, we can lead out again and hopefully take it down there.If we raise on 3rd and they re-raise us, we can just call. If they wiff the lowon 4th, they will check 99% of the time, and we can lead out. If they hit another low, we can call any bet and play the rest of the hand carefully.Chances are player 4 has something silly. Without a pair showing, I haveto think that our hand is good here.
  • 1 year later...

we should never be folding this hand at any point, not to mention there is a third player chasing a low, we caught really nasty but in general if i just flat on 3rd street i am looking to raise later fwiw...