Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP2 with [Ks], [Kd]. UTG calls, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (6.50 SB) [6d], [3d], [3s] (3 players)BB bets, UTG folds, Hero calls.Why didn't I cap? Anyone else cap here?Turn: (6.75 BB) [9s] (2 players)BB bets, Hero calls.Had I capped the flop, I might raise the turn.River: (8.75 BB) [Qd] (2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Checking the river is a sure sign of weakness. I think a bet here is in place.Final Pot: 8.75 BBThoughts?

Flop: I think I would have capped the betting on the flop, this shows strength and ussually he will slow down after you cap like this, letting you know the strength of his hand.Turn: If he bets out here, I might give him credit for the boat (depending on the information I have about this guy). If he checks, I lead out and bet... River: If its gone this far and he called on 4th, I'll bet again, if he bet, I might muck here.

I probably should have capped the flop...it's a good flop for my hand.If he lead out on the turn, i'de have to put the guy on some kind of hand...?He was in the BB, and alot of bad players (which he was) will call from the BB no matter what 2 cards they have. So, that gives us a variety of hands. Any 3, A6, 66, 77,88,99,TT,JJ...i dont think AA, KK, or QQ because he didnt raise me preflop. 13 of my selected hands have me beat on the turn, only 7 I am ahead of (assuming he's not a maniac and is playing A-high or 22-55 like this). If he leads on the turn, i'm just calling down. If he checks the river, I still don't know if I should bet...like to get some opinions on that. What do you think?

River: If he checks on the river, I would check as well, there's already a lot of money in the pot, depending on how hard he defends his BB he could have any of those hands you stated.... If he is a player who defends his blind aggresively I check 100% of the time. I really think in almost every case, Unless I knew this player very well I'd check on the river after him. But I would also call down if he bets, I won't raise.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (9 handed) converterBB ($15.40)UTG ($11.75)UTG+1 ($24.95)MP1 ($27.95)Hero ($25.30)MP3 ($24.75)CO ($25.90)Button ($34.15)SB ($10.50)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with [Ad], [Kd]. UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.75, MP1 calls $1.75.Flop: ($6.35) [Jc], [Ah], [Qd] (3 players)UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $1, MP1 calls $0.Turn: ($26.05) [9c] (2 players)River: ($26.05) [2h] (2 players)Final Pot: $26.05

pre-flop: goodflop: why did you bet so little? I'm putting in a pot size bet to keep out JT, QT, and other hands that could draw out on me. If he raises $4 and is all in i'm calling. I think a $6 bet on the flop would have been better.

Button: semi-loose/passive. Like's to check/raise bluff.Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP2 with [Kh], [Qs]. 3 folds, MP1 calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) [Ah], [3s], [Jd] (3 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button calls, MP1 folds.Turn: (4.75 BB) [5d] (2 players)Hero bets???Should I bet this turn?Final Pot: 7.75 BBIf he folds 1 in 5 times I show a profit. But this player likes to c/r bluff, if i'm c/r'ed here I have to fold. Do I see the river cheap or continue with my aggro.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (10 handed) converterUTG ($12.90)UTG+1 ($37.85)UTG+2 ($39.60)MP1 ($21.75)MP2 ($24)Hero ($34.10)CO ($10)Button ($73.60)SB ($13.75)BB ($9.35)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with [Qc], [As]. CO posts a blind of $0.25. 3 folds, BB calls $1, MP1 folds.Flop: ($3.10) [Ks], [7d], [5c] (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2.Turn: ($7.10) [Jd] (2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: ($7.10) [Ah] (2 players)BB bets $6.1 (All-In), Hero calls $6.10.Final Pot: $19.30

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP2 with [Ks], [Kd]. UTG calls, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (6.50 SB) [6d], [3d], [3s] (3 players)BB bets, UTG folds, Hero calls.Why didn't I cap? Anyone else cap here?Turn: (6.75 BB) [9s] (2 players)BB bets, Hero calls.Had I capped the flop, I might raise the turn.River: (8.75 BB) [Qd] (2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Checking the river is a sure sign of weakness. I think a bet here is in place.Final Pot: 8.75 BBThoughts?
You know I play a lot more NL than limit, but it seems to me you should cap the flop. If you cap it and he leads out again on the turn, then maybe you go to check/call mode. The way it played out really smells like he just has a 6 in his hand. When the 9 came on the turn (and maybe b/c you didn't cap the flop although we don't know if he's smart enough to consider what that means) he probably still figures his 6's are good. But since you raised pre-flop, he gets a little scared when that Q comes so he checks. I'd have bet out on the river the way the hand was played I think.
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (9 handed) converterBB ($15.40)UTG ($11.75)UTG+1 ($24.95)MP1 ($27.95)Hero ($25.30)MP3 ($24.75)CO ($25.90)Button ($34.15)SB ($10.50)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with [Ad], [Kd]. UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.75, MP1 calls $1.75.Flop: ($6.35) [Jc], [Ah], [Qd] (3 players)UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $1, MP1 calls $0.Turn: ($26.05) [9c] (2 players)River: ($26.05) [2h] (2 players)Final Pot: $26.05
As wrto mentioned, the flop raise is should be higher, it seems pretty weak. Which makes it hard to put him on a hand when he makes that big raise there, since he could just sense weakness or he could easily have AQ/AJ.I didn't understand it though, is he all-in? Pre-flop you've got 25 and he's got nearly 28. So the pot would be much bigger if he was all-in (which would actually put you all-in). So the MP1 raises to 9.35, Hero raises to 10.35, MP1 calls 0 just didn't make sense to me.
Button: semi-loose/passive. Like's to check/raise bluff.Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP2 with [Kh], [Qs]. 3 folds, MP1 calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) [Ah], [3s], [Jd] (3 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button calls, MP1 folds.Turn: (4.75 BB) [5d] (2 players)Hero bets???Should I bet this turn?Final Pot: 7.75 BBIf he folds 1 in 5 times I show a profit. But this player likes to c/r bluff, if i'm c/r'ed here I have to fold. Do I see the river cheap or continue with my aggro.
Is this the type of situation he c/r bluffs at? You've raised pre-flop so he likely puts you with an A and a decent kicker (if he considers that at all) so if he considers that, a c/r bluff will not likely make you fold. If, as is probably the case, he just likes to c/r bluff because he just learned that a c/r often shows strength and doesn't even think about what you've got, then you probably want to slow down.Also, it depends what kinds of hands he likes to c/r bluff with. Does he do it with anything? With a draw (like a gutshot or something in this case)? With any pair? That would also affect my decision. I guess it just depends on what other knowledge you've gained on this guy as you've been noticing his c/r bluff tendencies.
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (10 handed) converterUTG ($12.90)UTG+1 ($37.85)UTG+2 ($39.60)MP1 ($21.75)MP2 ($24)Hero ($34.10)CO ($10)Button ($73.60)SB ($13.75)BB ($9.35)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with [Qc], [As]. CO posts a blind of $0.25. 3 folds, BB calls $1, MP1 folds.Flop: ($3.10) [Ks], [7d], [5c] (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2.Turn: ($7.10) [Jd] (2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: ($7.10) [Ah] (2 players)BB bets $6.1 (All-In), Hero calls $6.10.Final Pot: $19.30
Hmmm, his all-in on the river seems to me that he either hit 2 pair/set on the flop/turn and was planning on c/r you on the turn or the river gave him two pair or a straight. But with bad players he could just have Ax, Kx, or whatever and besides any 10, that's pretty much the other card you are looking for, so you should call the all-in, which is only a pot-sized bet anyway.
Oh, I'm sorry, was this thread just for you two? :)
:D We were discussing them back and forth on MSN messenger.Why would you call the all in with AQ when you know you're beat. He has KJ...or A7s....or a set. Just because it's only a pot size bet?
Oh, I'm sorry, was this thread just for you two? :)
:D We were discussing them back and forth on MSN messenger.Why would you call the all in with AQ when you know you're beat. He has KJ...or A7s....or a set. Just because it's only a pot size bet?
Now that I look back on it, I don't know ... I think I thought because its only pot-sized and while you will have the worst hand more often than not, your hand will also be good some of the time. But now that I re-think it, there's probably no way your hand is good often enough to make it the right move, so folding would be correct.Besides, I'm sick today, so everything I get wrong I blame on that; and everything I get right just shows how brilliant I am at fighting through my illness and still working out the correct line of play. 8) Anyone else automatically think of the guinness commercial anytime they see or think the word brilliant? I can't be alone in this.
This is just a judgement call on the player. Continuing to bet is very logical if he often calls the flop with little and releases on the turn. You obviously have nothing and almost have to fold if he raises, even if you know he often raises as bluffs. Or are you thinking he has a pair of Js or worse and your two cards are valid overcards to his likely holding, along with your gutshot? Since this guy bluffs a lot, it makes your turn bet really rough. Of course if you don't bet you're effectively giving him the hand, since he's almost for sure gonna bet and you don't have odds to call at all.
definetly cap the flop and value bet the river. He very well might have 1010 or 99, as most people would three bet PF with JJ and definetly QQ or AA
I don't mind firing out here, the c/r bluff possibility is a little disconcerting, but in some ways I think its worth the risk. What you have to ask yourself is howmany times will he a) call B)c/r bluff c) fold d) c/r w/a hand, add all of that together to get your answer. What is your image at that table too because that'll go into his decision making

I don't have an image with the turn bluffer. He's not smart enough.As for value betting with KK. He's only going to call me if i'm beat most of the time. He's calling with TT and JJ but not A-high or a busted flush draw. I don't think I will be called enough on the river with a worse hand ot make betting the right play. what do yall think about that?

I don't have an image with the turn bluffer. He's not smart enough.As for value betting with KK. He's only going to call me if i'm beat most of the time. He's calling with TT and JJ but not A-high or a busted flush draw. I don't think I will be called enough on the river with a worse hand ot make betting the right play. what do yall think about that?
if that's what you feel with the KK hand then its a valid feeling, seeing as we weren't at the table to observe the guy. I guess with that hand you also have to ask yourself, would he have called my riase with A3, A6, 99. Raising the turn would've been good to see if he now hit a set of nines. He could've been pumping that pot thinking that you had two overcards(well you did, but they were the same) while having an underpair to your pair. His call PF tells me that a mid PP is very likely with 1010 being the highest possible hand, a lot of players 3-bet with JJ PF. 66 is another likely hand, but his check on the end doesn't seem that he has a boat or else he would'e bet out. Trips might be ruled out too because he very well would've bet out on the river there too, I think your ahead as He'd have bet the nines over threes boat too