Don't know how big of a deal this is, but I feel I have to tell this to the forum. I am only 16 years old, a kid on summer vacation from high school. I started playing a year ago with $400 under my dad's name. My parents were completely knowledgeable and accepting of me playing poker for money. I broke even for a long time before I came to FCP at the start of this year. So far this year, I have made $11000, about $2000 from cash games and $9000 from tournaments. I know you have seen me play tournaments, and people have asked me "Why aren't you at the WSOP?" Well now you know. I plan on going to college, and saving up my winnings to start playing professionally when I turn 21. So, all of you people who do, flame away with the normal comments: Isn't it past your bedtime? Just thought it is better for everyone to know, if anybody even cares.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its illegal for you to gamble. Best you stick to bubblegum and baseball cards b4 you lose mommy and daddy's mortgage payment.
[Delete above post]
Don't know how big of a deal this is, but I feel I have to tell this to the forum. I am only 16 years old, a kid on summer vacation from high school. I started playing a year ago with $400 under my dad's name. My parents were completely knowledgeable and accepting of me playing poker for money. I broke even for a long time before I came to FCP at the start of this year. So far this year, I have made $11000, about $2000 from cash games and $9000 from tournaments. I know you have seen me play tournaments, and people have asked me "Why aren't you at the WSOP?" Well now you know. I plan on going to college, and saving up my winnings to start playing professionally when I turn 21. So, all of you people who do, flame away with the normal comments: Isn't it past your bedtime? Just thought it is better for everyone to know, if anybody even cares.
Good job man. I started playing online at around 17 and built a nice roll myself. I would be playing higher limits and higher buy in tourneys myself if the money I won wasn't taken away from me for college. Have to build it back up again back to $1400. Anyway congrats man but I wouldn't go around telling many people that you are 16. I mean I know there probably isn't someone a dick enough to report you but If you just happened to piss off the wrong person at the wrong time in this forum, it could happen. GL man

if its really true i commend u for ur choice. i love this game, it is a game of skill and some chance but i envy u for learning so young. i wish i had. much luck in all ur poker related endeavors. Hope u can deal with the tough times, and they will come no matter how good u are. There is when u will find out what type of player you are. after about 2 solid weeks of getting ur money in with the best of it and coming up short. I wonder if ur youth will be a detriment when dealing with that type of adversity.

i couldn't care less how old you are, you're one of the better players i've seen on this forum...that just explains why you acted like a 2 year old when i tried to talk to you about tourney strategy through aim :club:

if its really true i commend u for ur choice. i love this game, it is a game of skill and some chance but i envy u for learning so young. i wish i had. much luck in all ur poker related endeavors. Hope u can deal with the tough times, and they will come no matter how good u are. There is when u will find out what type of player you are. after about 2 solid weeks of getting ur money in with the best of it and coming up short. I wonder if ur youth will be a detriment when dealing with that type of adversity.
I've been through bad downswings already, and know how to deal with them. I feel I am smart enough to not only excel in poker, but money management as well. I don't ever play out of my bankroll, and keep close tabs on all money I have in poker.
i couldn't care less how old you are, you're one of the better players i've seen on this forum...that just explains why you acted like a 2 year old when i tried to talk to you about tourney strategy through aim :club:
Come on now, like I said, I'm just never on. It takes up too many resources on my computer. It won't after I buy my new computer in a week, and then I'll even stop playing poker for a night to discuss tourney strategy.

Yeah man, congrats. I would be careful what you say now that this is out in the open, jealousy can run heavy when money is involved, and so can egos. If you bruise the wrong ego here, they might report you, and both you and your dad could be in trouble.I'm not trying to scare you man. But just be very careful. I'd hate to see a successful player hit a wall that he shouldn't have hit.You seem very knowledgeable about the game, and didn't come here touting a big ego about you being a teenager and making huge cash in the games, like some people have (whether they're true or not is uncertain, we do know that they haven't seemed to stick around after they blew their smoke). I respect that.But just keep playing your top game, and keep away from carrying a huge ego around man, and you're gonna do fine. I'm sure we'll be seeing you at the 2010 WSOP.

I've been through bad downswings already, and know how to deal with them. I feel I am smart enough to not only excel in poker, but money management as well. I don't ever play out of my bankroll, and keep close tabs on all money I have in poker.
the ghost is quite proud. among the very good players, emotional control sets some apart from others as far as good or great. i dont think u can be a great cash game player if ur game falls apart after a few bad beats. And there are different ways ur game can go. Its not always in the loose direction, sometimes u can get gun shy as well which can be just as bad. From what ive read of ur posts u seem to be a competant player and thats amazing for ur age. I hope u get rich young and never have to work a sucky job a day in ur life.

Seriously though. Do any of you ever wonder whats gonna happen when dozens and dozens of these teens start cropping up all over the country that aren't as good as our fellow fcper here. S is gonna hit the fan and parents are gonna demand more regulation on internet poker and of age responsible players are gonna suffer, because the gov is gonna be forced to get involved in an industry that is already suspect.

the ghost is quite proud. among the very good players, emotional control sets some apart from others as far as good or great. i dont think u can be a great cash game player if ur game falls apart after a few bad beats. And there are different ways ur game can go. Its not always in the loose direction, sometimes u can get gun shy as well which can be just as bad. From what ive read of ur posts u seem to be a competant player and thats amazing for ur age. I hope u get rich young and never have to work a sucky job a day in ur life.
Too late... I have to caddy at the local country club for old bitter semi-rich guys. Kinda weird to win a tournament one night for $2500, then the next morning wake up to go carry a 40 lb. golf bag for 5 hours and make $25.

Anyway congrats man but I wouldn't go around telling many people that you are 16. I mean I know there probably isn't someone a dick enough to report you but If you just happened to censored off the wrong person at the wrong time in this forum, it could happen.I already did report :dance:

The way I see it, the government is going to get involved eventually anyway. JUST on PartyPoker, they take in $2 million per day in rake. That's probably about $5-7 million that the government will want their part of.

I also think I can be a successful poker player due to many character traits I have. I have always been a very competitive person, playing hockey since I was 3 or 4, and now play golf, hockey, and tennis for my high school. I also have always excelled at math and lying. I got a perfect 800 on my math SAT and a perfect 36 on my math ACT portion. Also, ever since I was 10, my relatives say I should be a politician because I can convince them of anything, and keep a straight face while lying.

I was thinking more along the lines of prevention as a countermeasure to teenage addiction to online gaming. Such as making it illegal. Or when parents start class action lawsuits against partypoker when kids start stealing from the parents to finance their online adventures

I was thinking more along the lines of prevention as a countermeasure to teenage addiction to online gaming. Such as making it illegal. Or when parents start class action lawsuits against partypoker when kids start stealing from the parents to finance their online adventures
Well, what I am doing is probably technically illegal. However, the attitude myself and my parents take is that technically it is illegal for everybody. I know that I'm not the person the government is overly worried about. I do think we all should enjoy this time while we can, because most likely government regulation is just around the corner.

Well, what I am doing is probably technically illegal. However, the attitude myself and my parents take is that technically it is illegal for everybody. I know that I'm not the person the government is overly worried about. I do think we all should enjoy this time while we can, because most likely government regulation is just around the corner.I understand bud, but you are like one in a dozen posts of underage kids who play online poker religously. There are more and more articles on the subject and the public is becoming increasingly aware of what might become an epidemic. Think of the popularity holdem has enjoyed and imagine the number of kids who must be losing massive amounts of money to adults. This has nothing to do with you, its not a personal affront I just wish these sites would exercise more caution for the good of the game. Mark my words one day there will be a huge debate on whether online gaming should be legal.

I'm curious as to the confession. It sounds like more of a bragging post than anything. With that said, congrats to you and your success. I hope that you gather all the information required before making this step. It sounds like most of your accomplishments come in tournaments and with $11K you'll have about 2 to prove your ability with that roll. I'm behind you 100% to try and do this, just be aware of what you are getting yourself into and make sure you are funded adequately for the venture. GL.

In Iran, of all places, the voting age is 16. Of course Iran is not a real democracy. (Hopefully this won't turn into another OT discussion that I kinda start. sorry).The driving age in most states is 16 or 16 1/2 or 17. This means you have the responsibility to not kill someone with your driving.I believe most states you are legally allowed to drop out of school when you turn 16.To saythat you can't gamble when you are 16 seems silly to me.To those who worry that gambling may become regulated soon, I say: Bring it on. Seriously, the US government's position is that online gambling is illegal, even though the law it is based on is murky at best. Also there is reason to think that the US's position is in violation of trade treaties and the WTO is likely to call the US on this at some point.I for one would welcome the taxing and regulation of online poker. I had a nasty dispute a while ago with a Costa Rica based site over only a couple of hundred dollars that I wanted to withdraw from my account. I won't go into details but I did nothing wrong or even suspicious, but rather I was worried about their solvency (their site volume was looking too low to me to be healthy for them) so I decided to cash out my account. A few months later they did go under or were merged, I am not sure which. I got my money out but only by threatening to flood rgp with my story, and this was a last resort. I had no realistic legal recourse to force them to give me my money. This is the sort of thing that would not be a problem if it were regulated.