9s a raiseable hand?

full ring i wouldnt raise unless it was folded to me in co or button...short handed i would normally limp from most positions..but i had weak players in the pot so i figured i had the best hand

full ring i wouldnt raise unless it was folded to me in co or button...short handed i would normally limp from most positions..but i had weak players in the pot so i figured i had the best hand
You should be raising it more often. It's often the best hand. I raise from UTG, but this is probably a close decision. It's definately an open raise from MP.

I would find it difficult to make a raise from SB with 9's in a full limit ring game for these reasons.1) I most people who've called the BB will call your raise in low limit games, and 9's are terrible against lot's of players due to the fact that they're not very likely to improve, and it's almost guarunteed that an overcard will be on the board by the river. 2)Terrible position. low and middle PP's are hard enough to play post-flop with good position. 3) IMO low LHE full tables favour big drawing hands, the reason being that the pot odds are almost always in favour of chasing your flush or open ender. in a full ring game I'd probably prefer to have a hand like 67s. Lose small if you miss, maybe win big. Even if you do improve your 9's to a set, you could easily be outdrawn by the river anyways.That said, I wouldn't fold either, just take a cheap flop.Back to the topic though, in YOUR case, 4-handed you are almost definitely best, and when the overcards come on the board (they will), you can still make a play without too much worry unless you get raised. It's a definite raise 4 handed, but imo a call at a full tableThat's my 2 cents-Wallacer