Advice From People Who Play As A Hobby With A Girlfriend...

I am trying to get back into the swing of things and was looking for suggestions on how you explain to your girlfriend about poker.... She is like I dont mind if you play as long as it doesn't become a habit where I lose 300-400 a month LOL.... I told her I just wouldn't tell her about my wins and losses and she was like I dont think so... Help. I wanna play.

I am trying to get back into the swing of things and was looking for suggestions on how you explain to your girlfriend about poker.... She is like I dont mind if you play as long as it doesn't become a habit where I lose 300-400 a month LOL.... I told her I just wouldn't tell her about my wins and losses and she was like I dont think so... Help. I wanna play.
Get a new girl!!
Everytime you play a session, tell her about everything afterwards. Use her as your poker diary, within 3 sessions she won't give a shit what you're doing in poker as long as she doesn't have to hear about it.Works for me pretty well.Also grow some balls, tell her you love the game and you'll do what you want and buy her a case of pro player, obv

1. Don't lose money2. Buy her something with your winnings3. ?????????????/4. ProfitI think we all know what 3 involves.HEY-OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Step 1: Scrape the sand out of your vagina and grow some testicles.Step 2: Will take care of itself.

Yah make money and buy her some stuff with the winnings...play online...another good idea is to do a challenge and try to make $10,000 in a month by playing a million hours of .10/.25...she may like that...oh wait. whoops.

yea, well it's meticulous...ive done 5 hands now and got the hang of it...each hands takes about 10 seconds to fix, so whatever that is...20 minutes work or so. W/e. Ill just keep doing it.
Everytime you play a session, tell her about everything afterwards. Use her as your poker diary, within 3 sessions she won't give a shit what you're doing in poker as long as she doesn't have to hear about it.Works for me pretty well.Also grow some balls, tell her you love the game and you'll do what you want and buy her a case of pro player, obv
this is perfect advice. talk to her about it til she's sick of it. then grow some balls. then maybe buy her something with profits and she will have no problem. but then you still need to grow some balls.

your girlfriend has absolutely no business telling you how to spend your money. you are not married. grow some balls or you're in for a rough ride.

Do what you want. It looks like you want to play, then play. If you want to take into account her thoughts, then don't play as much. You can't win. You won't change her mind. I've decided there are three possibilities with women:1) They don't get it, and they don't want you to do it. You can buy her stuff, but deep down they really wish you wouldn't play as much. When you lose big they get pissed.2) They sort of get it, and they sort of understand it. They understand "swings". They know it isn't really "gambling" in the blackjack sense of the word. When you lose big, they don't get pissed. You can buy her stuff, but deep down they really wish you wouldn't play as much.3) They get it 100%. You can talk about it with her and schedule trips to the boat/Vegas and she's all about it. As long as you show balance and don't completely ignore her, she knows that you playing means that you'll have more disposable income, you'll be happy because you are doing your hobby, and she's happy because you're happy. Disclaimer: This requires you to be a winning player.#3 is very rare. #2 is quite common, though not as common as #1 IMO. You may be able to convert a #1 to a #2, or a #2 to a #3 to a point, but I don't think you can convert a #1 to a #3, and any covnerting at all may in fact not be possible.Good luck.

i wouldn't discuss daily wins/losses with her. People that aren't immersed in poker only hear that you lost, and always forget that you've won. If you win, say you're up a little. If you lose, say you're down a little.Mark

Do what you want. It looks like you want to play, then play. If you want to take into account her thoughts, then don't play as much. You can't win. You won't change her mind. I've decided there are three possibilities with women:1) They don't get it, and they don't want you to do it. You can buy her stuff, but deep down they really wish you wouldn't play as much. When you lose big they get pissed.2) They sort of get it, and they sort of understand it. They understand "swings". They know it isn't really "gambling" in the blackjack sense of the word. When you lose big, they don't get pissed. You can buy her stuff, but deep down they really wish you wouldn't play as much.3) They get it 100%. You can talk about it with her and schedule trips to the boat/Vegas and she's all about it. As long as you show balance and don't completely ignore her, she knows that you playing means that you'll have more disposable income, you'll be happy because you are doing your hobby, and she's happy because you're happy. Disclaimer: This requires you to be a winning player.#3 is very rare. #2 is quite common, though not as common as #1 IMO. You may be able to convert a #1 to a #2, or a #2 to a #3 to a point, but I don't think you can convert a #1 to a #3, and any covnerting at all may in fact not be possible.Good luck.
Good stuff and keep an eye on it, he will be updating when hes slept with more than 3 women
Dude, get a proper job, stopping wasting your life playing poker, and never, ever take advise from a gambler (including me)
i wouldn't discuss daily wins/losses with her. People that aren't immersed in poker only hear that you lost, and always forget that you've won. If you win, say you're up a little. If you lose, say you're down a little.Mark
I agree with Mark.In fact, I don't think you can ever win on either side when talking about results with people that don't play. Every loss you tell them is a disaster where they want to call that 1-800-PLEASEDONTGAMBLEYOUARERUININGYOURLIFE number and every big score is just as hard to grasp without understanding the long term context.Just get used to these lines:"I won a little.""I about broke even.""I was up all night and right at the end there, I got unlucky and lost a little."

Get a girlfriend who doesn't try and dictate how you spend your spare time. I got mine in on the ground floor so I just tell her what happens if I feel like it. She's seen me lose 2k in half an hour and seen me win the same amount. Just get her used to it.Also, having positive results at the end of each month keeps them happy.

Also, having positive results at the end of each month keeps them happy.
In fact, here's someone else's graph. You can see how happy my girlfriend looks at the results. [x] My actual girlfriend[ ] Mustache is real[x] Is results oriented
graph.jpg
In fact, here's someone else's graph. You can see how happy my girlfriend looks at the results. [x] My actual girlfriend[ ] Mustache is real[x] Is results oriented
Is it sad that I find your gf hot even with the mustache?