bb hand...

Guest Zach6668

Check the flop. If button bets, i raise. If anyone else bets, i fold. And i fold to a 3bet.If it gets checked around and the turn is below an 8, i bet / fold.If it gets checked around and the turn is above an 8, i check / fold.

Very interesting querstion, and the answer isn't as simple as it may seem. You simply can't make a case for betting being "wrong," however, your decision should be based on the read you have on your opponents. In a game where your opponents are very timid, or weak, I would suggest betting with your hand for sure. If your opponents are predictable, then it will be easy for you to make the right decision if you get called. However, against top players, you should lean more towards checking the flop. Why? Well, a top player may put you on a "weak lead" and try to steal the pot from you, thus making it tougher for you ro make good decisions after you bet. For example, if you bet, and Phil Ivey calls, are you just going to bet again? If so, what do you do when he raises you? Tough decision huh? So, against weak, predictable players lean towards betting and against tricky, tough players be more inclined to give up a free card in the hopes of picking up some information. In closing, don't do EITHER 100% of the time.