pokertracker 10k hand checkup

Any pokertracker experts want to look this over and see if anything stands out. I'm thinking about making the jump from $.50/1 to $1/2. BR is about a grand now. Any input is appreciated... Kdawg, this isn't a "stat brag" post, I'm just looking to improve.10k.JPGAs you can see, I did play a session at $1/2 and it didn't go real well. I was 0 for 7 with AA and KK... sh1t happens, I guess.Here's what I'm more concerned about... should my aggression be higher than this? It looks like I'm a bit weak on the river. aggsmall.JPG

Your aggression factor should be a lot higher. Like, between 3 and 4. I think I heard Keith is a 5, but I'm not sure.I don't know about the rest of it - I'm not that smart. :club:

Your aggression factor should be a lot higher. Like, between 3 and 4. I think I heard Keith is a 5, but I'm not sure.I don't know about the rest of it - I'm not that smart. :club:
I can't see how 5 is even possible. That would mean that you bet and raise 5 times more than you call! Wow.
I can't see how 5 is even possible. That would mean that you bet and raise 5 times more than you call! Wow.
It wouldn't surprise me, he's quite an aggressive guy. It's just a rumor though.
Custom - don't you use pokertracker? If not, how do you get by without it? I think it literally adds 20% to my win rate.
I use(d) it. For one, it's really hard to discipline myself to using it. I do use it, though. I just changed hard drives on friday (the old one blew) and I've been too lazy to get another reg. code yet. I had 15k hands and about 5k people in it.Edit - I don't feel it's all that neccessary for me. I'm pretty good at the fundamentals and intermediate concepts. I'm also very good at reading people on my own as long as I pay attention.

Steal blinds more. I think you should be attempting a steal about 1/3 of the times you have the opportunity (so around 30%+ is good).IMHO.... I don't know if doubling your aggression rate is going to help you crush the game for more than the 4.5BB per 100 you are pulling. In fact, I think changing your style too much when you are a winning player may be harmful. But that is just a theory.... But, by all means, don't be shy about betting those rivers for value. And your bankroll should be fine for 1/2.

Better than 5 BB/100 for a win rate, plus a 500 BB bankroll...You're definitely ready for 1/2. You do need to work on your agression statistics, but I see no reason not to do that at a 1/2 table. As the stakes increase, your opponents' aggression increases as well... so I think it'll be a good segue to work on your aggression at 1/2 tables.

Steal blinds more. I think you should be attempting a steal about 1/3 of the times you have the opportunity (so around 30%+ is good).IMHO.... I don't know if doubling your aggression rate is going to help you crush the game for more than the 4.5BB per 100 you are pulling. In fact, I think changing your style too much when you are a winning player may be harmful. But that is just a theory.... But, by all means, don't be shy about betting those rivers for value. And your bankroll should be fine for 1/2.
Thanks for the input.As for blind stealing - if it's folded to me in the cutoff or button, I'm raising with any ace, and anything down to about QTo, and pocket pairs, probably 7's and up. Are these requirements too strict? I agree on the second point. I'm pretty satisfied with my results over the first 10k, but I also think they may be slightly due to positive variance. I do think that 3.5 - 4 BB/100 is sustainable at party $.5/1 though. I've been 4 tabling and I'm sure I've made some costly errors. If I can move up to $1/2 and sustain a win rate of around 3bb/100, I'll be happy.Anybody have any comments about the diff. between $.5/1 and $1/2?
Anybody have any comments about the diff. between $.5/1 and $1/2?
More money.Seriously, that's the only difference until you hit 10/20.
That sounds too good to be true. I have to say that in the brief time I spent at $1/2, the game was actually looser (I know it doesn't seem possible) and more aggressive than the $.50/1. I didn't play enough hands to make an accurate assessment.The first time I got check raised, I was like "wtf?! a check-raise?" My old opponents weren't aware of such "advanced" concepts! :club:
Anybody have any comments about the diff. between $.5/1 and $1/2?
More money.Seriously, that's the only difference until you hit 10/20.
That sounds too good to be true. I have to say that in the brief time I spent at $1/2, the game was actually looser (I know it doesn't seem possible) and more aggressive than the $.50/1. I didn't play enough hands to make an accurate assessment.The first time I got check raised, I was like "wtf?! a check-raise?" My old opponents weren't aware of such "advanced" concepts! :club:
Neither are these morons. Playing 3/6 last night, I got check/raised on the turn. Now, I'm pretty aggressive, so this is normal for me. I called and checked behind on the river. He had a gutshot straight draw.I've played 5/10 for one session and found it to be incredibly passive. I've heard this from others as well.I think you just chose a bad 1/2 table (bad, as in, not LPP).
how long have you been playing 3/6, custom?
About a month.
I could probably go through your blog and get all the grimy details, but can you say what your win rate is roughly, and how many hands you've played? It's fine if you don't want to share.
About a month.
I could probably go through your blog and get all the grimy details, but can you say what your win rate is roughly, and how many hands you've played? It's fine if you don't want to share.
If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's about 0BB/100.As I made my move up to 3/6, I had a $2500 bankroll. Then, I went through a giant downswing (100BB at 3/6, 100BB at 2/4) and was down to $1500. In the last 2 weeks, I've grinded my way back up to about $2250. Since my downswing ended, it's probably around 3 or 4bb/100.
About a month.
If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's about 0BB/100.As I made my move up to 3/6, I had a $2500 bankroll. Then, I went through a giant downswing (100BB at 3/6, 100BB at 2/4) and was down to $1500. In the last 2 weeks, I've grinded my way back up to about $2250. Since my downswing ended, it's probably around 3 or 4bb/100.
Well hopefully you can get back in the black. My advice - Use pokertracker and gametime! I've had some of the inevitable swings myself. I've been down as much as 40BB in a single session, but that usually just motivates me to play longer. I've really become numb to the bad beats. I think 4 tabling helps, because I don't have a lot of time to think about it and it seems to smooth out the variance. Does anybody play more than 4 tables? I'm interested in seeing if 6 is humanly possible.

Your PT stats look very similar to mine (my win rate was about 2.5BB/100), I did almost the exact same thing and started dabbling at 1/2. I used to think that aggression factor at the 3/4 range were crazy, but then I realized through playing that you need to be at that level to make $$. My win rate for July at 1/2 about 7K hands was over 3.5BB/100.I've been raising with a wider range of hands to isolate or take the leads in hands, like you mention. Also, been three-betting pre-flop for the same reasons. It also seemed to me that the .5/1 tables at Party tightened up after the 6-max tables come out; I've been playing the 1/2 9-max tables and they are pretty loose. I think one difference is that people will fold a bit more on the turn/river if you continue aggression.The main thing that I've learned is that if I'm going to enter a pot, I'm going to take control and keep control by continuing to push.

you should be stealing twice as much as you are now...maybe even 3 times.Your vpip, WSD, W$ASD, PFR%, folded BB to steal and SB to steal all looked good.I think you need to be a bit more aggressive on the flop.also, value bet more rivers.