don't move my post. [3/6 lhe]

I haven't been around much lately, mostly because most of you are ridiculous.Anyway, I have noticed FCP has gotten quite an ego, especially the strategy forum.I still read 2+2 almost everyday and I still read SSHE and HEFAP very regularly. So I know enough to know that 99% of said ego is unwarranted.Anyway, here is a hand I just got in on for the geniuses in the crowd.i recently took a stake, so I can play 3/6 and 5/10 now. heres a hand i was confused on, no thanks to keith or chris who have still failed on their respective promises to me.5/10 Limit Holdem (7 handed I think)i forget how many people were sitting, the table was still filling up.Hero is dealt 7:diamond: 7:club: in the SB.Pre-Flopfolded to the CO who raises, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, CO calls.We had only played about 10-15 hands but the CO had been involved and aggressive in almost all of them. I would label him as a maniac from what I have seen. I raise to isolate and because my 77 is probably good against a LAG player in the CO position. I don't like his cFlop6 :D 2 :club: J :DHero bets, CO raises, Hero ????What's your line for the rest of the hand?

Against a maniac, you've got to be ahead on this flop most of the time, so I 3-bet.The turn and river are problematic as you fear a lot of overs.Maybe bet if another card lower than 7 comes and call down otherwise.

And wtf is with the hostility?
It's because he's better than the sum of FCP and NWP (sw).I think he's upset about the "how to post in strategy" thread. Maybe it sounds a little high and mighty, but I guess everyone was worried about the entire general pop rushing over here and posting questions like "I have a flush and my friend has three pairs, who wins?" So far that hasn't happened, so maybe we overreacted.And I thought Absolute's previous avatar was from a Beck album. Maybe Warhol was before my time.
I think he's upset about the "how to post in strategy" thread. Maybe it sounds a little high and mighty' date=' but I guess everyone was worried about the entire general pop rushing over here and posting questions like "I have a flush and my friend has three pairs' date=' who wins?" So far that hasn't happened, so maybe we overreacted.[/quote'']I actually don't think we need to worry about that. If there's one forum where the broadsword of forum moderation would be wielded with reckless abandon, I'd expect it to be this one.
I think he's upset about the "how to post in strategy" thread. Maybe it sounds a little high and mighty, but I guess everyone was worried about the entire general pop rushing over here and posting questions like "I have a flush and my friend has three pairs, who wins?" So far that hasn't happened, so maybe we overreacted.
I actually don't think we need to worry about that. If there's one forum where the broadsword of forum moderation would be wielded with reckless abandon, I'd expect it to be this one.
FYP, btw. :lol:Anyway, if that's what Absolute is upset about, he shouldn't be. Everyone here knows how bad the General forum is and knows how bad they (we) don't want this to be like that.Side note - The discussions in this section (namely Aseem vs Keith, Chris, & Jayson) have been incredible. I'm really enjoying them. :club:

I call down from here on.thats passive, but I think we are strong enough to try to get the 10SB's already in the the pot, but not neccesarily good enuf to put more $$ in.And, seeing what CO is holding might be worthwhile, I don't want to get raised out of this, say on the turn.

I call down from here on.thats passive, but I think we are strong enough to try to get the 10SB's already in the the pot, but not neccesarily good enuf to put more $$ in.And, seeing what CO is holding might be worthwhile, I don't want to get raised out of this, say on the turn.
I think calling down might be our worst option.Do you have any idea why I think this?

calling down isnt that bad. If he's bluffing you don't want him to stop.agaisnt over aggressive players you generally want to check and call with weak hands.i think a stop and go might work better, though.

i think a stop and go might work better, though.
i like that idea.
Bingo!That was my first thought. In this situation, I call the raise, and gaybet the turn unless an Ace or King comes, in which case I call down. Maniac or not, I figure he's significanlty more likely to have an Ace or King than any other card, and if he doesn't it could kill my action when we're ahead. I'd much rather him keep firing at it when he's got like 86Does anyone else check/call certain cards? Or is it just me?I'm probably wrong here, but I'm not sure whyIce
I think calling down might be our worst option.Do you have any idea why I think this?
not really.Cause I sin't too smart at this.So, if you stop and go and he raise the turn...do you fold?I just thought we want to show down a likely winner.Please educate me, seriously.

I believe the only posts that get moved away from stategy are tournament poker questions. They're in the tournament section now.I like the stop n go.