I've Just Been Pokerstarred

Yes, it s*cks to be me.Reason #187 not to slowplay :club: PokerStars Game #6808842974: Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2006/10/28 - 22:32:13 (ET)Table 'Marconia' 10-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: nhbMIKE ($13 in chips) Seat 2: finztothelft ($24.50 in chips) Seat 3: woozer1039 ($16.25 in chips) Seat 4: MajorCP ($40.60 in chips) Seat 5: bone838 ($27.35 in chips) Seat 6: pooldiva15 ($27 in chips) Seat 7: mhowa ($19.25 in chips) Seat 8: Frotz ($17.25 in chips) Seat 9: NHRAG ($16.15 in chips) Seat 10: booker182 ($15.80 in chips) woozer1039: posts small blind $0.25MajorCP: posts big blind $0.50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to finztothelft [8s 7s]bone838: raises $0.50 to $1pooldiva15: folds mhowa: calls $1Frotz: folds NHRAG: folds booker182: folds nhbMIKE: folds finztothelft: calls $1woozer1039: folds MajorCP: folds *** FLOP *** [Ts 9s Js]bone838: bets $0.50mhowa: calls $0.50finztothelft: calls $0.50*** TURN *** [Ts 9s Js] [Ad]bone838: bets $1mhowa: calls $1finztothelft: raises $1 to $2bone838: calls $1mhowa: folds *** RIVER *** [Ts 9s Js Ad] [Ks]bone838: bets $1finztothelft: raises $1 to $2bone838: raises $1 to $3finztothelft: calls $1*** SHOW DOWN ***bone838: shows [Qc Qs] (a straight flush, Nine to King)finztothelft: mucks hand bone838 collected $15.75 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $16.25 | Rake $0.50 Board [Ts 9s Js Ad Ks]Seat 1: nhbMIKE folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: finztothelft (button) mucked [8s 7s]Seat 3: woozer1039 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: MajorCP (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: bone838 showed [Qc Qs] and won ($15.75) with a straight flush, Nine to KingSeat 6: pooldiva15 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: mhowa folded on the TurnSeat 8: Frotz folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: NHRAG folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 10: booker182 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Finz, I almost posted my first flame on here for you posting a mediocre beat, but then I actually looked at the hand (i'm not much for hand histories). I've never in my life taken a beat like that. I'm sure you are reeling from Party's withdrawl from the US market. Thats at least a cool 60K you just missed out on w/ the bad beat tables :club:

Finz, I almost posted my first flame on here for you posting a mediocre beat, but then I actually looked at the hand (i'm not much for hand histories). I've never in my life taken a beat like that. I'm sure you are reeling from Party's withdrawl from the US market. Thats at least a cool 60K you just missed out on w/ the bad beat tables :club:
not a jackpot, cause the other guy did not play both his cards.
Could've been worse. You could've pushed all in preflop (if you were playing NL holdem) and gotten a call by the player with QQ, or on the flop and the QQ would've called with top pair and the OESFD, and you would have lost the all in bet.
FYPLousy beat nonetheless.Send nice e-cards to Lee, maybe next time you can be the QQ.

Hey, at least you saved $1 at the end by not capping the action on the river...From the way the action went, there's no way you could have avoided the beat. QQ flopped an overpair + OESFD, so there's no way you could have gotten it out if you had fastplayed your straight flush earlier. No way he was folding.

You played it correctly, nothing you can do.QQ is going to call you all the way down anyways, he has too many outs and the pot is laying him 8 to 1 on the turn.He had postion on you and you just got unlucky but you played it right.

Don't slowplay the low end of a straight with four to the flush potential on the flop ...
That's right, because straight flushes get cracked all the time.One out is too many to slowplay, only slowplay when your opponent has no outs...
you need a lot more callers in front of you to justify that call preflop in limit, IMO.crappy luck on the rest of it, not much you can do
didn't see it was a straight flush obv.the sarcastic replies are deserved. keep em coming.
Okay...seriously though, guys...you don't think this is usually a fold pre-flop?
Actually, I agree. It was a stupid/wicked loose call. I was feeling rather invincible after huge upswing and stupidly called. Apparently, the poker gods frown on that.