Maybe I shouldn't post this in a Poker Forum, but I was a keen chess player at school, and I've started playing again, for about the last 6 months, firstly just a couple of games against my girlfriend but she wasn't very good. Recently I've played against a couple of guys at work....So, firstly, does anybody else here play? (Figured that some poker players might?!), and more importantly, are there any sites that anybody knows of where you can play online, for money? If so, what have your experiences been, and are they any good?I've only seen ones where you just play for fun, or mostly, in a chess league.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ive got an expert rating in chess...... Your best bet is ICC chess (internet chess cafe) Its also called blitzin chess. If you google either one, you should find the website. It is pay though, but you can play for money I believe. I used to play there, and there were a couple thousand online at any given times including atleast 15 GMs usually. Otherwise yahoo is your best bet.

Played a lot of chess back in the day. From 3rd grade all the way through HS. I think the highest I was ever rated was around 1450. Made a couple of decent cashes, but not enough to pay the bills.

I would not play online chess for money... It's too easy for someone else to cheat and use a computer game/program.
thank youthis is how i will make my millionsPC/MM
Maybe I shouldn't post this in a Poker Forum, but I was a keen chess player at school, and I've started playing again, for about the last 6 months, firstly just a couple of games against my girlfriend but she wasn't very good. Recently I've played against a couple of guys at work....So, firstly, does anybody else here play? (Figured that some poker players might?!), and more importantly, are there any sites that anybody knows of where you can play online, for money? If so, what have your experiences been, and are they any good?I've only seen ones where you just play for fun, or mostly, in a chess league.
I used to play. You can play chess tourneys for money. Chess is not like poker though, there is no luck involved and it's much more complicated. I'm not going to keep playing some guy that I constantly lose to, I just have no chance. It's not like I'm going to luck out into a good position and then go "Oh, look! Checkmate in one!"
I used to play. You can play chess tourneys for money. Chess is not like poker though, there is no luck involved and it's much more complicated. I'm not going to keep playing some guy that I constantly lose to, I just have no chance. It's not like I'm going to luck out into a good position and then go "Oh, look! Checkmate in one!"
Impossible :DBut you may get lucky for a checkmate in 2 (very rare)

I was rated a 1750 in high school and used to pay to play on ICC but I would NEVER play chess for money - way too many computer programs that will pwn you.

Shall we play a game? Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War. Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess? Later. Right now lets play Global Thermonuclear War.

Shall we play a game? Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War. Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess? Later. Right now lets play Global Thermonuclear War.
Sad but true fact: I actually own this movie on DVD
ah yes..chess.used to read lots of strategy books on it.now have cable modemtime to start playing again.not for money though
let me know if you want to play chess sometime.