Jump to content


Richest Players- Past Topic


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 keith crime

keith crime

    Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

  • Members
  • 7,436 posts
  • Location:folsom prison
  • Interests:flesh peddling

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 1:11 AM, said:

Sorry Keith, I didn't mean it. I'm just upset about NU missing the tournament again.
lol - its already in my blog somewhereI was at NU in 1988 and I'd play basketball with Rex Walters occasionally he would walk around saying "I'm leading the big ten in scoring and nobody here cares" and I'd be like dude do you know what school you're going toHe then transferred to Kansas and played in the prosNU may never make the NCAA's but the first championship was held at Patton Gym

#22 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,853 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

View Postkeith crime, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 1:33 AM, said:

lol - its already in my blog somewhereI was at NU in 1988 and I'd play basketball with Rex Walters occasionally he would walk around saying "I'm leading the big ten in scoring and nobody here cares" and I'd be like dude do you know what school you're going toHe then transferred to Kansas and played in the prosNU may never make the NCAA's but the first championship was held at Patton Gym
I was at NU during the Evan Eschmeyer era, who would get like triple teamed in big ten play, it was hilarious. He was by far the best player at NU during my tenure. He went onto greatness for the Dallas Mavericks, playing the role of tall white stiff on their deep bench. I was also at NU when Ricky Byrdsong got shot by a white supremacist in Skokie. He wasn't shot for being Ricky Byrdsong, he was just shot for being black and in the wrong place at the wrong time, jogging down teh street, and this guy on a killing spree shot him. Sad story. It's pathetic that NU can't do at least a little better in recruiting being that they are basically in chicago. There's no reason they couldn't have a Marquette level of success. They have a 3 star recruit from the Twin Cities I'm excited about.. a 6'5 shooting guard named....Sanjay......Lumpkin.That's right. Sanjay Lumpkin. This half jew-half south asian is NU's hope for the future, you heard it here first.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#23 keith crime

keith crime

    Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

  • Members
  • 7,436 posts
  • Location:folsom prison
  • Interests:flesh peddling

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 2:20 AM, said:

I was at NU during the Evan Eschmeyer era, who would get like triple teamed in big ten play, it was hilarious. He was by far the best player at NU during my tenure. He went onto greatness for the Dallas Mavericks, playing the role of tall white stiff on their deep bench. I was also at NU when Ricky Byrdsong got shot by a white supremacist in Skokie. He wasn't shot for being Ricky Byrdsong, he was just shot for being black and in the wrong place at the wrong time, jogging down teh street, and this guy on a killing spree shot him. Sad story. It's pathetic that NU can't do at least a little better in recruiting being that they are basically in chicago. There's no reason they couldn't have a Marquette level of success. They have a 3 star recruit from the Twin Cities I'm excited about.. a 6'5 shooting guard named....Sanjay......Lumpkin.That's right. Sanjay Lumpkin. This half jew-half south asian is NU's hope for the future, you heard it here first.
it did show me how good really good basketball players areI would play with these guys from the NU team and they seemed like they were gods and then I'd go to the games and they sucked compared to the other team's talent - imagine how good nba players areI remember the coach getting shot - skokie was the weirdest part of it - never would have thought it possiblea black NU friend of mine was jogging in wilmette and got stopped by the police

#24 dabetka

dabetka

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha Hi

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

View Postking_tanner, on Sunday, March 11th, 2012, 11:37 PM, said:

Yup. Great way to start a thread.I think it is fairly obvious that the richest "famous" players are the ones that were playing high stake cash games when the poker boom started, and are still playing high stakes cash games now on a regular basis. Ivey, Gus, Doyle, etc.
The thread isn't actually about richest players or whatever, as Keith said, it's actually about finding a post that DN made (maybe the thread title could be listed better.) A huge thread is going on at 2plus2 about players finances w/o much input from actual pro's. DN actually commented on this, and I think his comments would add value to the conversation. That is all.
PlzCoolerMe on Starz

#25 dabetka

dabetka

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha Hi

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

View Postkeith crime, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 12:55 AM, said:

I remember the comment that you are referring toDaniel took five players including himself and discussed their net worthHe put Ivey way at the top - himself second and put Hellmuth at the bottomI don't remember who the other two werethe main point was that Hellmuth doesn't make nearly the amount of endorsement money that he implies and that he's not a regular in the biggest games in vegasbut also take into account Daniel loves yanking Phil Hellmuth's chain too
Thank you for adding something of relevance to this. You're exactly right on the post. I just couldn't find it ANYWHERE when I searched. I thought the funny thing was that he did put Hellmuth way at the bottom. Most people (including 2plus2) would not have guessed this.
PlzCoolerMe on Starz

#26 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 27,289 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

Tony G doesn't seem to think that Helmuth has much money.http://www.partypoke...a-in-april.html

Quote

He is no longer sponsored, he is staying up too late at night playing way too much luck induced Chinese poker. The PartyPoker.com Premier League is a good example the $125,000 buy-in is now beyond Hellmuth, despite the fact there is $200,000 added and he has a reasonable record in the tournament series (not in recent years though). Hellmuth loves tv exposure and needs it if the US market eventually opens up but he cannot afford it simple enough. There are no backers that are willing to stake him even when there is added money! Hellmuth only travels now where he will gets his flights and hotel paid for and a small buy-in paid so he can bust out within two hours and drink the finest Louis baby he can get his hands on. He needs more heart and commitment to the highest level and stakes in the game. Either that, or he becomes a celebrity poker MC for a living.

Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#27 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,853 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

View Postdabetka, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 8:25 AM, said:

Thank you for adding something of relevance to this. You're exactly right on the post. I just couldn't find it ANYWHERE when I searched. I thought the funny thing was that he did put Hellmuth way at the bottom. Most people (including 2plus2) would not have guessed this.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#28 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,081 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

I would think Guy Liberte would be at the top of any such list.
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

#29 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

    DJ Vu

  • Members
  • 2,862 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Sorry BigD, I have a searching problem.

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Sunday, December 13th, 2009, 2:06 PM, said:

Sickest Gambler Rankings:1. Phil Ivey2. Gus Hansen3. Tom Dwan4. Patrik Antonius5. Daniel Negreanu6. Phil HellmuthNet worth Rankings:1. Phil Ivey2. Patrik Antonius3. Daniel Negreanu4. Gus Hansen5. Tom Dwan6. Phil Hellmuth That's just a guess, but I think Durr lost a lot of money this year and would have been much higher last year. PH lost money this year too playing poker, and you really don't make very much money at all from books. Typical deal is like an 8% royalty which doesn't amount to much. His main income has to come fro UB, but outside of that, do you really think he's making millions selling pokerbrat t-shirts? What endorsements outside of UB would he be making large coin on? Can you think of one? People don't realize that there really ISN"T a lot of money to be made outside of online poker site endorsements for poker players. Training sites can do well also, but selling t-shirts isn't going to get you baller money.
These were just the six guys that were on Poker After Dark at the time.

#30 dabetka

dabetka

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha Hi

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 2:54 PM, said:

Sorry BigD, I have a searching problem.These were just the six guys that were on Poker After Dark at the time.
Thank you sir, do you have a link to the post? How long did it take you to find that? I looked for half hour and just got pissed.
PlzCoolerMe on Starz

#31 dabetka

dabetka

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha Hi

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 2:36 PM, said:

Posted Image
Oops, GG Trolololololol
PlzCoolerMe on Starz

#32 The Ocho

The Ocho

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

No idea how accurate this site is:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageThe other two don't show up on there.

View PostTheraflu, on 24 October 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Drinking alone makes being alone more awesome.

#33 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

    DJ Vu

  • Members
  • 2,862 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

View Postdabetka, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 12:58 PM, said:

Thank you sir, do you have a link to the post? How long did it take you to find that? I looked for half hour and just got pissed.
You could just click on the little red arrow and it will take you directly to the post.5 - 10 minutes.

#34 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

    DJ Vu

  • Members
  • 2,862 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostThe Ocho, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 1:01 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Saturday, May 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM, said:

Frankly, I don't think there are three poker players in the world with that much money.


#35 dabetka

dabetka

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha Hi

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 3:04 PM, said:

Thx
PlzCoolerMe on Starz




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users