2009 Marlins ***official*** Thread

Very exciting start to the season. Always nice to open up with the Nats. Bonifacio looks like he has exactly what this teams needs....speed/D to go with the excess of power. Josh Johnson is going to make the leap this year.....I can feel it. Hopefully, we can get around a lack of quality depth and contend in the NL East.....especially since the Phillies look like they are having a WS hangover so far.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cody Ross needs to pull his head out of his ass.Bonafacio will end the season as one of the worst regulars in baseball.Johnson has looked fantastic.

Cody Ross needs to pull his head out of his ass.Bonafacio will end the season as one of the worst regulars in baseball.Johnson has looked fantastic.
NOT ! He is a stud and Johnson will have 21 wins this year IMO. I drafted Johnson in almost every league this year..WOOO
The Marlins spacious park will make Bonafacio better than he is. He will end up being an ok 3B.....and more valuable than he should be because of how many things he does that 90% of their roster does not do.Volstad is the key. I feel surprisingly safe saying that Johnson and Nolasco will both be in the 18W, 3.20 ERA, good WHIP area. If Volstad can keep his ERA under 4, the Marlins could be very dangerous in a very 90s Braves way.

Volstad, a Palm Beach Gardens kidanyone listen to Lebetard? I just started listening to podcasts of his show and I'm a tad behind. Listened to the show right after opening day and they are killing Emilio, saying that that will be the best game of his career. He's kept it up thusfar. Then again, they also said that he's the fastest guy to round the bases EVER. What made me laugh was the Chuck Carr reference. Remember CHUCK CARR?

Volstad, a Palm Beach Gardens kidanyone listen to Lebetard? I just started listening to podcasts of his show and I'm a tad behind. Listened to the show right after opening day and they are killing Emilio, saying that that will be the best game of his career. He's kept it up thusfar. Then again, they also said that he's the fastest guy to round the bases EVER. What made me laugh was the Chuck Carr reference. Remember CHUCK CARR?
I do think the marlins will do good this year. But not sure emilio being the complete stud. He has speed but I thought his defense wasn't suppose to be totally solid. Also who knows about his bat. And yeah I think I remember chuck carr. he was one of those speedsters right? Like CF right?
I loved Chuck Carr! Of course, that comparison assumes that Bonifacio will stop making contact at some point.Volstad looked great again last night. Marlins might have something going here.

Some of my friends @ school are big Marlins fans, so I've been watching their games. They are exciting to watch. I am still unsure about their pitching. I think once some scouting reports get out, it may not be as good, but for now they could go far.

I am still unsure about their pitching. I think once some scouting reports get out, it may not be as good, but for now they could go far.
for realsies? The best part of that team is their starting 5. There are probably 2 better starting staffs equal to them, in the Major Leagues. Inexperienced? Yep. Studs? Yep. That isn't even in question. All the talking heads say they are the gold standard in the NL

Yeah, the Marlins starting pitching is the clear strength. Then, power hitting. The bullpen and contact hitting are question marks (I think the defensive woes are overplayed. Getting Cantu away from 3rd base was huge).Plus, we get the Nats again now! And the Pirates, next! Wooooooooooo! 14-1, one time!

Cody Ross showed up tonight. Nice comeback for the fish.
at the bar tonight, game was on, happened to pay attention in the 9th. Kid went large in the 9th. Niiiiiiice

If Hermida puts it all together finally, this team is scary. They have been dying for a good left-handed bat to complement Hanley and Uggla. John Baker is quietly turning into a pretty good hitting catcher too.10-1!

I'd say lets hold back on the excitement due to playing a triple a team, but they did sweep the braves, took a series from the Mets, and the national league does suck. Hmmm

I'd say lets hold back on the excitement due to playing a triple a team, but they did sweep the braves, took a series from the Mets, and the national league does suck. Hmmm
11-1 is 11-1. Enjoy the moment. If the bullpen is anywhere close to this good for the whole season, then the Marlins have a great chance to make the playoffs.
If Hermida puts it all together finally, this team is scary. They have been dying for a good left-handed bat to complement Hanley and Uggla. John Baker is quietly turning into a pretty good hitting catcher too.10-1!
Coming out of his shell !