I'm going to have to disagree here. I've always thought of him as a solid comedic actor. Maybe I'm biased, but I think his best stuff work to date is Jersey Girl. Watching him act one second and ham it up the next is how I prefer my Affleck.On a side note, anyone else completely psyched about Gone, Baby, Gone?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Affleck, you da BOMB in Phantoms, yo!!"
Affleck's best work was DEFINETLY in Jay and Silent Bob. I think he is a solid comedic and dramatic actor, although I disagree with the 'Jersey Girl' statement.

Man, why does everybody hate Jersey Girl? I thought it was a good movie. The part where he yells at his daughter is solid stuff. I despised Pearl Harbor though. Daredevil was ok.

jersey girl was an ok movie. just different from what kevin smith usually does.i liked daredevil, but i'm also a comic nerd.pearl harbor was just attrocious, it was a crappy love story with an american tragedy as the background. affleck is a pretty good actor. he has made some solid movies (dogma, chasing amy, good will hunting) and some total crap (bounce, forces of nature etc.) i saw a trailer for some new movie with him and an all star cast where jeremy piven has a hit put on him and every hitman in the world is after him, i can't remember the name though. anypne know what i am talking about?

what about brad pitt?
No. He's dreamy! :icon_biggrin:I actually thought Pitt was pretty good in Fight Club, Meet Joe Black, Snatch and Interview with a Vampire.Most under rated/appreciated actor over the last 10 years?Paul Giamattipaulgiamattitz4.th.jpg
No. He's dreamy! :icon_biggrin:I actually thought Pitt was pretty good in Fight Club, Meet Joe Black, Snatch and Interview with a Vampire.Most under rated/appreciated actor over the last 10 years?Paul Giamattipaulgiamattitz4.th.jpg
"Im not drinking fu.ckin Merlot:" My favorite line !My Fav Ben Affleck characters are:Fred O' Bannion in Dazed & ConfusedShannon Hamilton in MallratsJim Young in Boiler Room Rudy Duncan in Reindeer Games
Affleck = most over rated actor in the last 10 years.
Most under rated/appreciated actor over the last 10 years?Paul Giamatti
I don't think you know what overrated and underrated mean. To say that someone is overrated means that they are rated higher than what they really are. Affleck would have to be rated high before we can say he's the most overrated.Likewise, Giamatti has been nominated for an Academy Award and multiple Golden Globes, so I don't think we can say he's the most underrated. He gets his due.
I don't think you know what overrated and underrated mean. To say that someone is overrated means that they are rated higher than what they really are. Affleck would have to be rated high before we can say he's the most overrated.Likewise, Giamatti has been nominated for an Academy Award and multiple Golden Globes, so I don't think we can say he's the most underrated. He gets his due.
i think what he meant was in notoriety, average joe on the street for sure has seen affleck films, not necessarily giamatti. and just to add, giamatti is insanely good. american splendor, man on the moon and sideways, jsut to name a few
"Im not drinking fu.ckin Merlot:" My favorite line !My Fav Ben Affleck characters are:Fred O' Bannion in Dazed & ConfusedShannon Hamilton in MallratsJim Young in Boiler Room Rudy Duncan in Reindeer Games
I'll give ya those. Prity prity good ! What I really meant was over exposed. The whole J-lo/Bennifer thing hurt his career.
i think what he meant was in notoriety, average joe on the street for sure has seen affleck films, not necessarily giamatti. and just to add, giamatti is insanely good. american splendor, man on the moon and sideways, jsut to name a few
Yup.
I'll give ya those. Prity prity good ! What I really meant was over exposed. The whole J-lo/Bennifer thing hurt his career.Yup.
And he's really taken some time out of the spotlight since then. Writing and directing GBG is the best thing he could do right now.
jersey girl was an ok movie. just different from what kevin smith usually does.i liked daredevil, but i'm also a comic nerd.pearl harbor was just attrocious, it was a crappy love story with an american tragedy as the background. affleck is a pretty good actor. he has made some solid movies (dogma, chasing amy, good will hunting) and some total crap (bounce, forces of nature etc.) i saw a trailer for some new movie with him and an all star cast where jeremy piven has a hit put on him and every hitman in the world is after him, i can't remember the name though. anypne know what i am talking about?
It's called Smokin' Aces.
what about brad pitt?
If you think Brad Pitt is a bad actor, you have zero credibility in my mind, and are potentially retarded.Please watch:Fight ClubSpy Game12 MonkeysSe7enBabelAnd then come back and try to redeem yourself.
If you think Brad Pitt is a bad actor, you have zero credibility in my mind, and are potentially retarded.Please watch:Fight ClubSpy Game12 MonkeysSe7enBabelAnd then come back and try to redeem yourself.
i didn't say bad, i said overrated. i haven't seen babel but those other movies are good. but as far as public perception is concerned brad pitt is the be all end all, i disagree. i'd take edward norton or paul giamatti.
i didn't say bad, i said overrated. i haven't seen babel but those other movies are good. but as far as public perception is concerned brad pitt is the be all end all, i disagree. i'd take edward norton or paul giamatti.
Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti are both amazing actors, and I also believe to be 'underrated' in terms of notoriety outside the film industry. But Brad Pitt is an equal with Tom Hanks or Morgan Freeman or Tim Robbins when it comes to acting. If anything his acting abilities are underrated due to his heart throb persona... as indicated by your ill-informed posts. When speaking of overrated actors, you definately chose the wrong guy. How about Philip Seymour Hoffman or Russell Crowe? They're just awful... right?
Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti are both amazing actors, and I also believe to be 'underrated' in terms of notoriety outside the film industry. But Brad Pitt is an equal with Tom Hanks or Morgan Freeman or Tim Robbins when it comes to acting. If anything his acting abilities are underrated due to his heart throb persona... as indicated by your ill-informed posts. When speaking of overrated actors, you definately chose the wrong guy. How about Philip Seymour Hoffman or Russell Crowe? They're just awful... right?
comparing brad pitt to tom hanks, morgan freeman and tim robbins is a bit of a stretch. i mean you are talking about guys that have done some incredible stuff. brad pitt is good, but i wouldn't put him in the same category as hanks, freeman or robbins.philip seymour hoffman is awesome. russell crowe i'm not a huge fan of. (however i have yet to see cinderella man, so i may have to reserve judgement)
comparing brad pitt to tom hanks, morgan freeman and tim robbins is a bit of a stretch. i mean you are talking about guys that have done some incredible stuff. brad pitt is good, but i wouldn't put him in the same category as hanks, freeman or robbins.
Eh, not really. Brad Pitt is much more versatile than Tom Hanks or Morgan Freeman, and probably Tim Robbins too.
Eh, not really. Brad Pitt is much more versatile than Tom Hanks or Morgan Freeman, and probably Tim Robbins too.
Much more versatile than Tom Hanks?PhiladelphiaSaving Private RyanForrest GumpThat's a pretty good range right there.Oh, and Bosom Buddies.I do agree that Brad Pitt is a good actor.
Much more versatile than Tom Hanks?PhiladelphiaSaving Private RyanForrest GumpThat's a pretty good range right there.Oh, and Bosom Buddies.I do agree that Brad Pitt is a good actor.
I was going to mention bosom buddies, but wasn't sure how many people would know what I was talking about. What was better, Bosom Buddies or Bachelor Party??