Alright, I'm willing to give this a shot.I'm looking to find 2-3 people with which to conduct a sort of micro-to-low level backing deal which would run for a while, but would still be situational in the exact amount of time. Here are some details:1) Those selected would be expected to discuss hands in a group when possible, or amongst themselves if some of the group is not available. A couple different outlets would be provided with which to do this.2) Many different deals are available in terms of what would be played, PM me with what games you believe you are best at and what you believe you could begin well in. I am definitely looking for one person to begin at 6.50 turbo 9/45 SNGs and possibly 7.70 180 SNGs.3) The decision will most likely be made in the next couple of weeks, so that anyone who is interested can put together their information and send it to me.4) I realize I'm not terribly well known here, but those who do know me know that I will put as much work into this as possible in order to better the play (and results!) of everyone chosen.So, in conclusion, if you are interested in this sort of a deal, PM me with the games/levels you believe you would be most comfortable in, and I will go through them and choose which ones I believe are best suited for this particular system.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GL GL. Wish I had the time to focus on something like this 100%.

Nice. I hope the situation ends in a win/win for both the staker and stakee. If you're going to start posting more, I'd like to do a HU match for avatars.

Alright, I'm willing to give this a shot.I'm looking to find 2-3 people with which to conduct a sort of micro-to-low level backing deal which would run for a while, but would still be situational in the exact amount of time. Here are some details:1) Those selected would be expected to discuss hands in a group when possible, or amongst themselves if some of the group is not available. A couple different outlets would be provided with which to do this.2) Many different deals are available in terms of what would be played, PM me with what games you believe you are best at and what you believe you could begin well in. I am definitely looking for one person to begin at 6.50 turbo 9/45 SNGs and possibly 7.70 180 SNGs.3) The decision will most likely be made in the next couple of weeks, so that anyone who is interested can put together their information and send it to me.4) I realize I'm not terribly well known here, but those who do know me know that I will put as much work into this as possible in order to better the play (and results!) of everyone chosen.So, in conclusion, if you are interested in this sort of a deal, PM me with the games/levels you believe you would be most comfortable in, and I will go through them and choose which ones I believe are best suited for this particular system.
Just wondering if this is strictly for Pokerstars players?
Nice. I hope the situation ends in a win/win for both the staker and stakee. If you're going to start posting more, I'd like to do a HU match for avatars.
I possibly accept this challenge!
Just wondering if this is strictly for Pokerstars players?
Yes.
T.I.D., please.
GTFO
*checks calendar*
Oh haha yes. This is all a level and I'm one day early. (s/w)No, this is serious, and I'm excited for it.

Good luck. And make your horse send back the initial stake asap to at least minimize the chance of getting completely scammed. I tried one of these things once and one of the guys disappeared. (Even though he did magically send the money back to me out of no where 6 months later). You need to remember that generally there is a reason that whoever u stake is broke online and looking for micro stakes other than they cant get money online. Good luck finding someone who will actually try their best, be respectable, and care. Its a good opportunity for whoever is picked.

Also maybe check out how they play by maybe requesting a few of their most recent HHs, don't just look up their stats on OPR. HHs can tell you alot to see if maybe they need to learn more and are probably worthy of being staked. Some people here are probably pretty good but just don't have the funds, then there are others who might've had a nice score because they got lucky. But I think looking at someone's HH can really help you to see if someone is worthy of being staked. Or maybe you can sweat them in a tourney. And this is what NNB meant that "results don't matter". OPR can be deceiving in the sense that someone might have a bad OPR but plays well, whereas someone could have a good OPR but only because they might've gotten lucky.

Also maybe check out how they play by maybe requesting a few of their most recent HHs, don't just look up their stats on OPR. HHs can tell you alot to see if maybe they need to learn more and are probably worthy of being staked. Some people here are probably pretty good but just don't have the funds, then there are others who might've had a nice score because they got lucky. But I think looking at someone's HH can really help you to see if someone is worthy of being staked. Or maybe you can sweat them in a tourney. And this is what NNB meant that "results don't matter". OPR can be deceiving in the sense that someone might have a bad OPR but plays well, whereas someone could have a good OPR but only because they might've gotten lucky.
well said, good point to make.
Good point Gallo and I had this in mind, just didn't post it - this is obviously a preliminary process to get to that stage where I begin looking through HHs, etc, to see who is playing well and who is cardracking/luckboxing. I understood what NNB meant, and have known it since before he said it, that sometimes the breakthrough just doesn't come and someone doesn't have an unlimited resource pool to break through the initial crap runs that sometimes happen when starting a BR. Obviously I'm looking for good players and for both sides to end up profitable in this, it's not a toss out stakes raffle. I'm doing my homework, but thank you for the input and it is absolutely crucial to keep your points in mind.
I possibly accept this challenge!
sweetYou pick the game and stakes (reasonable amount meaning not too high), if you win I'll change my avatar to whatever you'd like for a month and will never use this one again. If I win, I'll pick a Drew Barrymore avatar for you that you have to use for one month and you can't use your current avatar for the rest of your time posting on FCP. Best 2/3 sngs preferably. I'm available to play almost every night.lemme know
sweetYou pick the game and stakes (reasonable amount meaning not too high), if you win I'll change my avatar to whatever you'd like for a month and will never use this one again. If I win, I'll pick a Drew Barrymore avatar for you that you have to use for one month and you can't use your current avatar for the rest of your time posting on FCP. Best 2/3 sngs preferably. I'm available to play almost every night.lemme know
I am currently thinking of welcome avatars for this. This does NOT mean I have committed to this challenge! So far I have...A) Sarah Palin + Hilary Clinton in a heartB ) Anything dealing with Annie DukeC) ThisC might be worth it.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and will never use this one again
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!Sorry, lurbz, but I'm going to root against you in this one...Edit: damn you, Gallo! But at least I've got a new (noob-length) page. And since we both fight for a good cause, I think we should start a petition or something.
noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!Sorry, lurbz, but I'm going to root against you in this one...
Yeah but my Busey avatar tilts everyone on FCP, or so I've been told...
Yeah but my Busey avatar tilts everyone on FCP, or so I've been told...
Didn't you used to have that dancing little purple character or something?
Not being allowed to return to your old avatar seems excessive, but so be it, post when the match goes down, it would make a great rail call
I'll agree with this one, I'd allow both sides to return to old avatars but extend the misery period of Drew and...hideous...to 2 months, and I believe you have yourself a deal good sir.